Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The historical tourist area of Philadelphia is (or was several years ago) very nice. The rest of it... not so much.

I got lost in Germantown.. I'm pretty sure I was the only German there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Now, one of our leftist members may come and say that minorities are disproportionately more likely to be killed by police, and that is true (same for engaging in criminal activity, proportionally speaking). .

Is it really true? When you say "disproportionately," what's that based on? The statement might be true if all you look at is the number of people killed vs. the total population percentages but I don't believe that's a valid comparison.

I think you need to look at the numbers of white people contacted by police in connection with a possible crime vs. the numbers of minorities contacted, that's the right metric because those are the opportunities for the police to shoot someone.

And if you look at those numbers the percentages of minorities contacted by police will be much greater than the percentage of total population. If for no other reason than minority neighborhoods have higher crime rates.

The chances of me walking down the street in my neighborhood and being contacted by police because someone fitting my description just committed a robbery or carjacking are almost nil. The chances of the same thing happening to ablack man in his neighborhood are much greater.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Now, one of our leftist members may come and say that minorities are disproportionately more likely to be killed by police, and that is true (same for engaging in criminal activity, proportionally speaking). .

Is it really true? When you say "disproportionately," what's that based on? The statement might be true if all you look at is the number of people killed vs. the total population percentages but I don't believe that's a valid comparison.

I think you need to look at the numbers of white people contacted by police in connection with a possible crime vs. the numbers of minorities contacted, that's the right metric because those are the opportunities for the police to shoot someone.

And if you look at those numbers the percentages of minorities contacted by police will be much greater than the percentage of total population. If for no other reason than minority neighborhoods have higher crime rates.

The chances of me walking down the street in my neighborhood and being contacted by police because someone fitting my description just committed a robbery or carjacking are almost nil. The chances of the same thing happening to ablack man in his neighborhood are much greater.

Umm, it's based on statistics and a large number of statistical sources. Good grief. Read what I typed parenthetically (based on what you typed it appears as though you skipped that part of my post). They (blacks) are also, proportionally speaking, meaning disproportionally, more likely to commit crime and therefore more likely to engage in an adversarial confrontation with police. I don't know where your beef is to what I typed. Everything you typed agrees with what I posted; yet, you come off like you are angry with that with which you agree. Sheesh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My beef isn't with your post, it's with the contention that minorities are disproportionately more likely to be killed by police.

Sorry, I thought that was clear.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Why don't we do this whenever a white person is killed by police? It's true, more white people are killed by police than any other race. Now, one of our leftist members may come and say that minorities are disproportionately more likely to be killed by police, and that is true (same for engaging in criminal activity, proportionally speaking). However, there are many more opportunities for people to riot and loot and so on when white people are killed by police. Apparently the death of white people is acceptable. The behavior we are seeing and the leftist leaders throwing fuel on these fires is THE most significant cause of the resurgence of racial division in this country.

Because white people are for the most part raised to take responsibility for their own actions. While black inner city kids/people are raised without a father believing that society owes them something. White man can't come here and gun down our homies just cuz they're doing something wrong... We'll raise up with a pack mentality and pounce. The black majority inner city really think they should not have to be responsible for their actions, that's a fact. There's plenty of white's with that mentality also but they're far out numbered by blacks IME.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pharmsell: Are there a lot of ghettoite, welfare spawn, chip on their shoulder types in "philly" - I've never been there and never want to go there.
Just curious.
GO TRUMP
PLEASE SAVE AMERICA FROM THE demonrats!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

We call I Filthydelphia, it is the reason Dems get power in our state.
Pittsburgh has a lot of Dems, a lot of blue collar types. The once union ones that
are (too) slowly seeing the light. And we can out vote them, not Philly.

See my tagline.
One of our now deceased Dem frontman (The Unidicted Co-conspirator in Abscam, John Murtha) referred to Pa as Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, with Alabama in between.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
My beef isn't with your post, it's with the contention that minorities are disproportionately more likely to be killed by police.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/...han-black-people-to-be-killed-by-police/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No problem. My bad, as I clearly misinterpreted what you intended. I think we agree.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Didn't even make the news here.

I don't believe anyone cares about Philadelphia.

WC Fields had it right. Here's what he said to write on his tombstone:

“Here lies W. C. Fields. I would rather be living in Philadelphia.”

God Bless America
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ISRO

If a black man chooses to charge police with a knife then they deserve to be dead. Matter of fact if a black man (or any man) chooses to disobey an officers order and impose a threat to that officer they deserve to be dead. PERIOD....

Fuggin Loser

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by local_dirt
C'mon Man.

Violent criminals aren't supposed to be shot by the po-po.

Look, here’s the deal.

Shoot’em in the leg.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sako76
Philly cheese steaks suck! Mystery meat covered in melted cheese. I hunt with a Philly narcotics officer, boy does he tell some stories!

I'm with you, I call them Philly enemas.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't care. Let it burn. My give a damn is busted.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ISRO

You really are a dipsh*t. That study uses total population percentage as the baseline. Go back and read my post and come up with something relevant.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The claim is that if the popo wasn’t hasslin a brutha dey woont be committen no crimes. Jus’ leave a brutha be and everyting be a’ight.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
#endqualifiedimmunity and most of this goes away, including wasting tax dollars on cops who can't do their job without costing us for every mistake.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well the cops didn't take Sleepy Joe up on his advice to shoot him in the leg. They need more training.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by steve4102
Think this will have an affect on the election?

Burning cities only helps Trump. Normal people are ready for that schit to stop. There is a reason it stopped several weeks ago.

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
National Guard Deployment now. Hope they gave them some real ammo!

Philadelphia police say 1,000 looters targeting businesses on second night of protests

https://www.foxnews.com/us/night-two-of-philadelphia-unrest-begins-as-wallaces-kids-speak-out

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Based on the live video I've seen on TV today, about 2% of the people are protesting and the 98% are just stealing free schit.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.