Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cfran
Not a chance I would buy a little Deere, I know lots of guys that have the stuff in the 25 hp range like 1025’s, etc. Trash IMO, and way overpriced. And that’s coming from a JD tractor owner.

I guess they have their uses. But in my opinion, they are more of a garden tractor.. (lawn mower). Great for small landowners.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Kubota over deere every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'd go L2501 with hydro and quick attack bucket, but if you plan on operating in the snow a whole lot a cab would be tempting . . .

The options add up fast on the Grand L's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Local dealer support!

This is important.

I have nearly all green stuff here on the farm but if starting from scratch I'd go with the dealer I could get along with the best. Chances are you'll be back for service, repairs, and buying new attachments.

No compact tractors here to give any opinion beyond the dealer advice.

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
That bobcat tractor looks awesome. Didnt know they got back in the tractor business. Nice lift power.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Local dealer support!

Very big issue.
10 years ago a friend bought a Mahindra. The nearest dealer was 200 miles away. He had very good luck with it but he did have to take it back for a minor hydraulic problem. 400 miles round trip, twice. Now there's a Mahindra dealer here.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I think new holland is more of a rebrand than bobcat these days. LS tractors.

In the very small tractors, yes. LS makes some New Hollands. Case too.

There is a lot of that kind of cross pollination. TYM makes some Mahindra tractors.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by McInnis
Originally Posted by bucktail
Everyone is telling you to go big but if you can get by with 25hp you won't have to have tier 4 emissions...

This sounds important but I don’t know what that means. What are tier4 emissions and why are they bad?

That means that you need to have a diesel particulate filter. Most of them are trouble free when new. There are regeneration cycles where they burn off the contents of the filter where you need to throttle up or park it and let it burn off. The big thing is that there is a dpf and some sensors that will probably go bad someday and be very expensive to fix.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Kioti makes a good tractor and if a dealer is near you it would be an option I would suggest you look at. My son has a 45hp Kioti and it has be a good machine.

As others have said, having a good dealer that will be in business years from now is important.

My lil' 20HP Kioti has been bulletproof so far, 12 years of abuse and it just keeps on going.
75 acres, 3/8 mile drive, another 1/2 mile of private gravel road.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To hell with a blade. Get a tractor mounted blower. Trust me on this.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone is telling you to go big but if you can get by with 25hp you won't have to have tier 4 emissions...

This sounds important but I don’t know what that means. What are tier4 emissions and why are they bad?

That means that you need to have a diesel particulate filter. Most of them are trouble free when new. There are regeneration cycles where they burn off the contents of the filter where you need to throttle up or park it and let it burn off. The big thing is that there is a dpf and some sensors that will probably go bad someday and be very expensive to fix.

Fugged up by our own govt. mad

the Tier rating is fugged up too.

Anything over 75hp has to have DEF system now.

Most all in the 75hp class have a DPF as well.

I have an exception... my Mahindra 75hp burns clean enough that it has no DPF, nor DEF. Just add diesel and go. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Wish'd it snowed that much..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amazing how much work I can do with this little machine, 10 years old, never a hitch in its getalong.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Fugged up by our own govt. mad

the Tier rating is fugged up too.

Anything over 75hp has to have DEF system now.

Most all in the 75hp class have a DPF as well.

I have an exception... my Mahindra 75hp burns clean enough that it has no DPF, nor DEF. Just add diesel and go. smile

Caterpillar sent me DPF by mistake once.

The box was marked ....no returns if opened.

I of course opened it.

Gee....thats not what I ordered!

Got a bill for 35,000 dollars.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by worriedman
Amazing how much work I can do with this little machine, 10 years old, never a hitch in its getalong.

I like that grabber bucket ! 'Bota too..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I have a 24 hp Massey Ferguson with a front loader and a rear blade. Chains on the rear tires (tires are loaded). I live in Northern lower Michigan and clear about 300 feet of driveway with 2 parking areas.. We get some fairly bad snows here. With a blower I'd be in good shape, but in the aftermath of some storms and being a bucket and blade operation, I'm damned near outclassed on that machine. Being able to blow the snow and only have to deal with it once versus blading 2-3 passes, then cleaning up the spillage has me making 6-8 passes to get things cleaned.

A good snow will have me in the seat for 2+ hours.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You write them a check yet? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Like others have said, whichever dealer is best. I'd start by looking to see if they have any decent used stuff. They get trade-ins that can be in good shape and low hours. We have a personal friend that owns several Kubota/New Holland dealerships, so I'm don't have experience with JD. I only have 3.5 acres, but my driveway is 1/4 mile long. When I built my house in 1999, he had a couple 1994 B1750's with low hours. One with a bucket and one without. I couldn't afford the one with the bucket, so I bought the one without and put a rear blade on it. It was a good tractor until it got over 20 years old and started to have drive train issues. In 2010, my old man bought a little 20hp BX something with a bucket. His driveway was 1/2 mile long and I would use it to push his driveway when it snowed. In 2014 we had a 3 foot snow storm and it did fine. I had a hell of a time with mine with the rear blade. Had to use my neighbors tractor with a bucket to get out and go get one of my Bobcats to clean the place up. Make sure you get one with a bucket. After he passed away in 2016, I took his tractor and sold my 1994. That little BX is good, but I wish I had one a little bigger.

I like Northern Dave's Bobcat. I love Bobcat skid loaders. I currently have 3. I was in the Bobcat dealer a few months back and was looking at the tractors and they look sweet. Pretty much all of the bells and whistles that you can get with a Kubota. I'd trust it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut

laugh No, you don't... Oh, IF you get a blade, try to get one that has the hydraulic swing option... Failing that, one item that can do a better job on gravel is a box-scraper... And those can also work with snow.. I have one - and have used it a LOT over the years..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You write them a check yet? whistle

They canceled the charges!

Also that year they charged us 50,000 dollars in shipping for some parts.

We had to argue that one for a couple billing cycles.

Moral of the story.......dont fugg up your DPF!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You might consider a skid steer of some kind.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,390
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.