Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Just wondering what experience members here may have with GPO optics. Noticed they have competitive pricing with meopta and Zeiss and was wondering about tracking, customer service, durability and glass quality. What say you?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I realize you're inquiring about scopes, but when I was looking for new, high-quality binoc glass, I spoke to Doug and he highly touted GPO. I would have considered it, but I got a great deal on a minty pair of 8x42 Minox APOs from a fellow forum member and I'm very happy with them. Though I've never tried them personally, the GPOs have received great reviews:

GPO Passion HD 10x42

GPO Passion ED 8x42

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/28/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
A sales reps of Swarovski told me high quality optics come into their own in poor light and/or when the the users eyes aren't what they used to be. I've picked up and looked through several high end brands of rifle scopes in fading light. To my eyes, I couldn't tell any difference between them and Leupold VX3. Your eyes may differ. I'd compare them after sunset if you can, not at midday. But given their cost, I would compare before I buy.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I just put a 3-9x42 on a 257 Roberts a couple of weeks ago. Very clear, tracked perfectly with precise adjustments during sight-in. Haven't had it to the field yet, but so far I'm pleased with it. I do have several other 3x9's....Swaro, Kahles, Leupold, etc that I could compare it against at low light.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by akpls
I just put a 3-9x42 on a 257 Roberts a couple of weeks ago. Very clear, tracked perfectly with precise adjustments during sight-in. Haven't had it to the field yet, but so far I'm pleased with it. I do have several other 3x9's....Swaro, Kahles, Leupold, etc that I could compare it against at low light.

Did you get the Pre calibrated bullet drop turret adjustments With your scope? Saw some with an assortment of standardized cartridge moa drops for the vertical adjustment Knob. Was wondering how spot on they would be in design and in the scopes tracking ability.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have zero experience with GPO riflescopes, but in my opinion the GPO Passion HD 10x42 binocular punches way out of its weight class.

The one I have is superb, and I own and get to use a lot of glass.

Based on that, I’d say the riflescopes merit investigation. Sorry I can’t help on riflescope mechanics, but again, my only experience has been with their bino.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by akpls
There was info in the scope box about how to request those. I didn't pursue it since I don't plan to use it for any of the calibers that they are available for.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have the GPO Passion 3x 3-9x40i inbound from Doug at Cameraland. I plan on putting the turrets through some dialing on a known shooter. Eventually it will go on a Fieldcraft for hogs in dark swamps.

I'll update when I can.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WB300
I have the GPO Passion 3x 3-9x40i inbound from Doug at Cameraland. I plan on putting the turrets through some dialing on a known shooter. Eventually it will go on a Fieldcraft for hogs in dark swamps.

I'll update when I can.

Thank you, please keep us updated with your results

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Got the scope today. Can't say enough about the customer service from Cameraland and Doug.

Initial impressions are very promising. It reminds me of a Zeiss Conquest or Meopta, but with a more robust feel and better turrets. It will be this weekend before I can get to the range. I will also try to compare in low light to a NF shv 3-10, swfa 6x, NF ATACR, Steiner Nighthunter extreme 2-10x50, and Steiner P4xi 4-16x56.

Edit: When I get everything together, I'll start another thread. I'm not a professional by any stretch like Ilya. It will be an amateur opinion.

Last edited by WB300; 11/02/20.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WB300
Got the scope today. Can't say enough about the customer service from Cameraland and Doug.

Initial impressions are very promising. It reminds me of a Zeiss Conquest or Meopta, but with a more robust feel and better turrets. It will be this weekend before I can get to the range. I will also try to compare in low light to a NF shv 3-10, swfa 6x, NF ATACR, Steiner Nighthunter extreme 2-10x50, and Steiner P4xi 4-16x56.

Edit: When I get everything together, I'll start another thread. I'm not a professional by any stretch like Ilya. It will be an amateur opinion.

I’d be interested in hearing this.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
China?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Says Japan on the bottom.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nice.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.