Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
An adult at close quarters armed w/ a knife has the ability and opportunity to place others in imminent jeopardy of death or great bodily harm. The appropriate response to a deadly threat is lethal force. The fact that the attacker has mental health problems is not the issue. Less than lethal means may be an option if the officer utilizing it has backup prepared to use deadly force.

The crazy guy created the situation.

mike r

You are disregarding the fact that everyone dealing with LE in today’s society has been designated a “victim”. They have no culpability in the incident and are in no way responsible.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
I’d think a cop with a taser would deploy it a lot sooner than a firearm and they should be mounted on their pistols.

taser mounted on pistols?

how about sleeping gas bullets or a lasso too?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sako
No offense but in the REAL WORLD of today... Riots are what happens when 2 police officers shot 14 rounds at a person with a knife who they know has a mental problem because the police had already been to the house 3 times that day. I understand that Tasers do not always work... I also understand not having them as an option is stupid. One cop using a taser and one cop with a gun in case the taser does not work. At least at that point, they could say, we did what we could to detain him before we used deadly force.

I am very pro trump and pro police but this is partly why some people are protesting in the streets. Let's just bust off 14 rounds at a guy with a knife and kill him because the department gives us no other options in the terms of non-lethal... (and yes I think Biden is an idiot saying to shoot them in the leg)

When did you get your law enforcement certification?

How many dangerous people with sharp weapons have you encountered?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by jdunham
NOw I support Law enforcement but it has been a very long time since I have seen a police officer that did not have a taser... 2 cops... 1 guy with a knife... He had mental health issues... no offense, but I do see the department here not taking care of their officers as best they could. I bet the police that had to kill they guy wishes he atleast had the option of a taser

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. In the dozens of incidents I have been involved with involving Tasers, they were only effective about 50% of the time. That is REAL WORLD. In this instance If it didn’t work there is a good chance you are getting cut or stabbed. You have to be within 25 feet for both Taser probes to realistically hit a person and in reality much closer. If both probes don’t hit and stick with a good connection it doesn’t work. Under stress there is a pretty good chance one or both are missing the person all together. A person with a knife can close that distance before Officers can act or retreat. That has been proven multiple times. There is no guarantee a back up Officer with lethal force is going to stop a knife wielding subject before he reaches the Officer with the Taser. People don’t always fall down immediately or stop what they are doing in real life as soon as they are shot.There is NO reason for an Officer to place the safety of an armed subject above his own. Him having mental health issues doesn’t change that.
Those Officers could have used a taser and had it work out. It would have been because they got lucky, not because they used good tactics.

No offense but in the REAL WORLD of today... Riots are what happens when 2 police officers shot 14 rounds at a person with a knife who they know has a mental problem because the police had already been to the house 3 times that day. I understand that Tasers do not always work... I also understand not having them as an option is stupid. One cop using a taser and one cop with a gun in case the taser does not work. At least at that point, they could say, we did what we could to detain him before we used deadly force.

I am very pro trump and pro police but this is partly why some people are protesting in the streets. Let's just bust off 14 rounds at a guy with a knife and kill him because the department gives us no other options in the terms of non-lethal... (and yes I think Biden is an idiot saying to shoot them in the leg)

you are totally right. they also have net launchers which were used for animals so they are perfect for ghetto use. they have many models. one guy on u tube made one and it worked great. they have 4 barrels which flare out. what about bear spray?

Taser is far more effective than bear spray. Hyped up bad guys often show no reaction to bear spray, just like bears.

I remember years ago alaska game commission went over 100's of human / bear encounters and said bear spray stopped bears better then firearms. I got sprayed in a bar fight with pepper spray and I was totally blind and could barely breath and it felt like when I finally could take air in it felt like I was taking in hot flame. I could not do sh it for a few minutes. I was in my prime and working out in boxing gyms. so it works

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LE with 'certification" have caused 30 cities to burn tens of billions in riot damage run away from BLM and savagely arrest whites who try to fight BLM. and they are worshipped for it

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I saw this video about 30 years ago. Still rings true.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=js0haocH4-o

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taser....lol ...hook mine to a power plant

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I’d think a cop with a taser would deploy it a lot sooner than a firearm and they should be mounted on their pistols.

That's exactly where the tasers should NOT be, it's too damned easy to pull the wrong trigger in that kind of stressful situation. I have heard of multiple occasions when an officer MEANT to grab their taser and got hold of their Glock instead. Mounting the taser on the pistol is just asking for bad things to happen more often.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why didn't they just send in the social workers?
Isn't that what the de fund the police people are arguing? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

zero and zero.

Ever worked every day in the hood of Baltimore, Philly, East St Louis or do you work or live in Lilly white suburbs?

I was reading the response on NPR for a laugh and one well off white lady said cops should carry lassoos instead of guns.

Last edited by ribka; 10/28/20.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by spencer516
I saw this video about 30 years ago. Still rings true.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=js0haocH4-o

Great vid!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want one of these...and the night shift....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

That's exactly where the tasers should NOT be, it's too damned easy to pull the wrong trigger in that kind of stressful situation. I have heard of multiple occasions when an officer MEANT to grab their taser and got hold of their Glock instead. Mounting the taser on the pistol is just asking for bad things to happen more often.

I think you're wasting your time. This is just like all all of the social justices warriors praising gentle George Floyd the angel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LE with 'certification" have caused 30 cities to burn tens of billions in riot damage run away from BLM and savagely arrest whites who try to fight BLM. and they are worshipped for it

Ummm...

No, Dumbfugck.

Real Americans rely on the justice system.

BLM is solely responsible for the cities that burn. Sharing the guilt are politicians that let them.

You sound like the other liberal dumbasses that blame the gun for the crime.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
NOw I support Law enforcement but it has been a very long time since I have seen a police officer that did not have a taser... 2 cops... 1 guy with a knife... He had mental health issues... no offense, but I do see the department here not taking care of their officers as best they could. I bet the police that had to kill they guy wishes he atleast had the option of a taser

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about. In the dozens of incidents I have been involved with involving Tasers, they were only effective about 50% of the time. That is REAL WORLD. In this instance If it didn’t work there is a good chance you are getting cut or stabbed. You have to be within 25 feet for both Taser probes to realistically hit a person and in reality much closer. If both probes don’t hit and stick with a good connection it doesn’t work. Under stress there is a pretty good chance one or both are missing the person all together. A person with a knife can close that distance before Officers can act or retreat. That has been proven multiple times. There is no guarantee a back up Officer with lethal force is going to stop a knife wielding subject before he reaches the Officer with the Taser. People don’t always fall down immediately or stop what they are doing in real life as soon as they are shot.There is NO reason for an Officer to place the safety of an armed subject above his own. Him having mental health issues doesn’t change that.
Those Officers could have used a taser and had it work out. It would have been because they got lucky, not because they used good tactics.

you are totally right. they also have net launchers which were used for animals so they are perfect for ghetto use. they have many models. one guy on u tube made one and it worked great. they have 4 barrels which flare out. what about bear spray?

Taser is far more effective than bear spray. Hyped up bad guys often show no reaction to bear spray, just like bears.

I remember years ago alaska game commission went over 100's of human / bear encounters and said bear spray stopped bears better then firearms. I got sprayed in a bar fight with pepper spray and I was totally blind and could barely breath and it felt like when I finally could take air in it felt like I was taking in hot flame. I could not do sh it for a few minutes. I was in my prime and working out in boxing gyms. so it works

SPecalQueeR, you are a pussy. Most cops get sprayed and have to fight the redman immediately afterward to get certified. You are as lame as you are dumb.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka

I was reading the response on NPR for a laugh and one well off white lady said cops should carry lassoos instead of guns.

You'll get your ass sued for that too... grin

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2020/10/13/586355.htm

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

When two officers caught out in the open are in equal imminent mortal danger and retreating from an advancing man with a knife, expecting one to divert attention from the gunsights to attempt to deploy a Taser is unreasonable.

Yep. Imagine the pressure of that situation. He's violent, he's healthy (not feeble), he's armed with a deadly weapon, and he's advancing to within spitting distance while your gun's been out in plain view the whole time for him to see. What else is likely to stop him when he's willing to charge down two firearms already drawn on him? And you have seconds to figure it all out while keeping yourself and your partner alive.

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

When two officers caught out in the open are in equal imminent mortal danger and retreating from an advancing man with a knife, expecting one to divert attention from the gunsights to attempt to deploy a Taser is unreasonable.

Yep. Imagine the pressure of that situation. He's violent, he's healthy (not feeble), he's armed with a deadly weapon, and he's advancing to within spitting distance while your gun's been out in plain view the whole time for him to see. What else is likely to stop him when he's willing to charge down two firearms already drawn on him? And you have seconds to figure it all out while keeping yourself and your partner alive.

All the police experts should get a dozen friends. Go to a football field. Do a 100 yard sprint in the the dark. Then drop down immediately and do 30 to 40 push ups. Get up with your back facing your buddies yelling and screaming at you, turn around and have one of your buddies run toward you with a rubber knife and see how you react. People have no clue how an adrenaline dump works and affects your fine motor skills and vision.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tasers are not the magic wand the media makes them out to be.

Exactly right. If I have a 1911 and a Taser on me and someone pulls a knife the taser is staying holstered.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why in the world do Philly police not have Tasers? Makes no sense

It wouldn't matter if they did have tasers because every department in the country is going to teach you to respond to deadly force with deadly force.

Training for law enforcement in this country is based on something called "case law." Not George Floyd's mom. Not some dumb ass southerner that's never arrested a person in their life. Not Rachel Maddow. Not even all those episodes of Hunter you used to enjoy.

Case law. That's it.

If you don't want to be shot 14 times, don't approach two cops with a knife. Because as sure as schit stinks, you will get shot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 53 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,912
Posts18,498,283
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.