Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Drug abuse is a huge problem throughout the country and is present in most communities. Non drug users are out of the loop and are not aware of the depth of the problem until it occurs w/in their family or social group. All social factors increase w/ population density. Rural folks tend to be more self sufficient but an apocalyptic breakdown of society will exempt no one.

It is fun to imagine a problem that we can solve w/ a gun. Many here would be rendered combat ineffective as soon as their meds ran outgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
All social factors increase w/ population density. Rural folks tend to be more self sufficient but an apocalyptic breakdown of society will exempt no one.

It is fun to imagine a problem that we can solve w/ a gun. Many here would be rendered combat ineffective as soon as their meds ran outgrin

mike r

....or toilet paper...or beer... or gummy bears....or...

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Nous sommes tous des sauvages!

Mais oui. Certainment.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
In south Louisiana we have pockets. New orleans of course is a chit hole. Outside of major cities we really dont put up with that kinda bs. I live in a neighborhood with bunch of good ole boys that kinda welcome the challenge should it come to that. Antifa wouldnt make it here. One way trip.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Around here we know who most of the dope heads are or have a good idea. Our sheriff does too. He also knows who of us he can trust with his back. Trust me it's like that allot of places and if push come to shove he'll have allot of help. Most of these dope heads are a few steps away from prison anyway and their demise will not be a sorrowful event. As for what comes from the cities. I doubt they will find any mercy to be had.

A good friend of mine used to live in Colorado and he was a deputy, years ago. Word got out that some biker group aimed to come to town and make a wreck of things. The local tv news interviewed the sheriff and he announce he had 60 extra deputies he had just sworn in and the first bike across the bridge coming into town was going to be the beginning of a road block since the rider would be dead from some bullet that came from town. Nothing ever happened.

In reading these threads on this subject I detect allot of pent up anger against those that want to destroy America and freedom. That might be hard for the haters of America to contain.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
Appalachia may be riddled with meth heads but it's also riddled with non-meth head rednecks[phuggers that can shoot deer in the ear at 100yds in the dark with a .22].
Those pukes really don't want to come out here.

Besides, there's not as much cool stuff to loot. They might steal a tractor.

They will just try to burn rural America to the ground in a fit of hate.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Won't happen. If it did, it would be very short lived. City folk do not understand country folk.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The dopers around here party all night and sleep until noon. The neighbors know who they are, and they already know where to dig a hole and save the community some money and jail space if they ever chose to act up. Nobody would notice, or care, if a few meth heads just disappeared.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The author exaggerates the drug problem in rural America. Yes, there's drug problems in rural America but it exists in pockets. It's not as if the entire place is swimming in meth and opiates.

Pretty sure they don't advertise in the local paper.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Won't happen. If it did, it would be very short lived. City folk do not understand country folk.

The article's point is that there are knowledgeable radicals who recruit country folk into the left. He does not give numbers but he does raise some good points.

The picture of the antifa person in syria was very interesting.

https://drrichswier.com/2020/08/08/...-fight-alongside-kurdish-marxist-groups/

Last edited by OldHat; 10/29/20.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by lvmiker
All social factors increase w/ population density. Rural folks tend to be more self sufficient but an apocalyptic breakdown of society will exempt no one.

mike r

....or toilet paper...or beer... or gummy bears....or...

Wait, these enhance my shooting skills?! laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Lots of one way in/one way out places here. We also have front end loaders.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We are training/prepping (to whatever degree) in a time of plenty. The time of dying is coming, and then we will only have who we can trust. Combat veterans here are ahead of the curve.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That article is pure fiction.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You city guys ever see the movie “Deliverance”?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just like the old adage, "You get the gunfight you get....not the one you planned and trained for." "You will get the civil unrest, insurrection, etc that you get. It probably won't look anything like what all these jokers with their crystal balls predict.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought some more hogs and lime. Going to have plenty of bacon.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Most of my friends have always been bikers, military guys, and rednecks. Many of them used drugs or drank, if not now, in the past. All of them have been on our side of any conflict. I have spent considerable time in the homes of poor folks in the country where several generations were in the home. Teen pregnancy and substance abuse were the norm. Most of these people, were I to come banging on their door at 3 a.m. with sirens coming down the road behind me, would hide me and do their best to help me. None of them tolerate much from “foreigners”. All of them vote like I do. This guy who wrote the article points out what may well be a valid threat in some places. He hasn’t a foggy clue about the Ozarks and people here.

People have gone missing in the Mark Twain National Forest for years. It isn’t the place to make a nuisance of yourself. And it is not leftist friendly. At all. Recruiting out here might land the recruiter on a missing persons list. Just because your neighbor out here gets food stamps does not mean some leftist is going to be able to get anywhere with them. Sounds weird, but country folks around here can get all kinds of welfare, have drug habits and a record a mile long, and still vote Republican. Talk to them a while, you find out some of them hate the left more than you do. It’s a strange dynamic, but that’s hillbilly country. Antifa’s gonna have a fun hike in the woods, when they have rednecks who bowhunt all the time(because they feed their kids that way and are felons who can’t get caught with a gun)stalking their commie azzes. The author is right, the country can be a rough place. But he is all wet in who he thinks it will be rough on.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
If you want to know about drug abuse in rural America, read "Dreamland" by Sam Quinones.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You city guys ever see the movie “Deliverance”?

Fireballz did.

He been walking the woods ever since.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.