Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Liar!

You certainly are.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Mathsr Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Matsr, one of the things I did for myself to assist me in case of a flat was pretty cheap. Local O'Reilly's had small castored floor jack for $30 and a 4 way wrench for less than 10. Next thing I did was go to the salvage yard and get a spare stock wheel and had a good used tire mounted on it. I carry them so I am not handicapped with a Micky mouse jack, wrench, and worthless space saver spare or having to fight the stupid spare rack in nice conditions or really bad. While your at it a big long shank screwdriver for hubcap removal and atleast a 3lb hammer, these newer rigs sure have wheels that stick to drums and disc hubs. Flashlight/ worklight check. Mb

Mag Bob, I'm pretty set to deal with it and it didn't take me long to get it done. I carry a 1foot square piece of 1/4 inch thick steel plate in my truck that I bolt my jack to. It gives the jack much more stability and keeps it from pushing down in the mud. Like I said, I really didn't need any help. I'd have just thanked them for stopping.

I guess what kind of surprised me was I was on a well traveled county road with many Farm service trucks passing, all carrying an air compressor, as well as young guys traveling up and down the road in their tricked out trucks and not one asked if I needed help. Where I was pulled over was 100 yards from a stop sign at a crossroad, so they had to slow down anyway. Closest gas station was probably 10 miles. I'd have stopped for someone else with a flat there. I guess the new age people figured I had a cell phone, if I needed help I could call someone. Or maybe I just don't look like I need help...I'd like to think that was it.

Harry
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
All you boomers telling us young guys we don’t know how to change a tire we’ve all decided to just keep on driving.

In exchange we won’t ask for your help when our smartphone is acting up.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Beginning of last month I stopped for the DOT cleaning out a ditch by a guy with a sign. While I'm sitting there there's a guy (late 20's early 30's I'd say) about 70 yards ahead of the sign guy pulled off the road. For five minutes I watched him standing on his lug wrench trying to get the lugs loose on his tire. When the sign guy told me I could go I motioned that I was pulling up behind the guy with the flat.

I got out and told him I had an electronic impact wrench in my truck, he was thrilled lol. Took all of about a minute to get his lugs loosened. Got the last one off and said there, you're good to go. He said thank you so much.

I always have my drill and impact wrench in the back seat of the truck along with sockets during the summer. I really don't worry about flats though, I can change them but I also have AAA should I not want to deal with it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
I was passing thru a four way intersection a couple weeks back and this big ass Blue Jay was standing in front of his F-150 with the hood open. Houses in this area start in the millions and end in the millions. Busy, busy intersection and it was a bit of a mess watching everyone having to navigate around this poor bastard.

After laughing and making my turn I thought 'Nobody around here is gonna help that Kimbo Slice lookin' bastard.' This made me flush with guilt due to my kids also being criminals. So I finished my beer, and made my way back toward the intersection.

I asked him if he wanted some help getting his rig out of the intersection and he was thrilled. I parked my truck and walked back and told him to steer and I'd give it the heeve-ho. A quick conversation about where to aim the truck took place as I did a bit of traffic directing and we agreed on the ideal spot. The guy couldn't get it into gear so I went to the back of the truck and pushed for a second and told him to try again. The trans was stuck in that no-mans-land portion that we have all experienced but it came loose after that.

We got him off the road and the only thing that could have made him happier would be a Thanksgiving turkey from Popeyes.

I asked him he had help coming and he assured me that he did.

We shook hands.

End of story.

You make geno appear to be succinct.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
All you boomers telling us young guys we don’t know how to change a tire we’ve all decided to just keep on driving.

In exchange we won’t ask for your help when our smartphone is acting up.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by deflave
I was passing thru a four way intersection a couple weeks back and this big ass Blue Jay was standing in front of his F-150 with the hood open. Houses in this area start in the millions and end in the millions. Busy, busy intersection and it was a bit of a mess watching everyone having to navigate around this poor bastard.

After laughing and making my turn I thought 'Nobody around here is gonna help that Kimbo Slice lookin' bastard.' This made me flush with guilt due to my kids also being criminals. So I finished my beer, and made my way back toward the intersection.

I asked him if he wanted some help getting his rig out of the intersection and he was thrilled. I parked my truck and walked back and told him to steer and I'd give it the heeve-ho. A quick conversation about where to aim the truck took place as I did a bit of traffic directing and we agreed on the ideal spot. The guy couldn't get it into gear so I went to the back of the truck and pushed for a second and told him to try again. The trans was stuck in that no-mans-land portion that we have all experienced but it came loose after that.

We got him off the road and the only thing that could have made him happier would be a Thanksgiving turkey from Popeyes.

I asked him he had help coming and he assured me that he did.

We shook hands.

End of story.

You make geno appear to be succinct.

There's a reason I hate telling stories.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not really into helping people. Nothing good ever comes of it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I carry a can of sealant, and a 12 volt compressor.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
OK, I've never even been close to South Florida so forgive my ignorance. What is a Blue Jay and a Kimbo Slice?

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Beginning of last month I stopped for the DOT cleaning out a ditch by a guy with a sign. While I'm sitting there there's a guy (late 20's early 30's I'd say) about 70 yards ahead of the sign guy pulled off the road. For five minutes I watched him standing on his lug wrench trying to get the lugs loose on his tire. When the sign guy told me I could go I motioned that I was pulling up behind the guy with the flat.

I got out and told him I had an electronic impact wrench in my truck, he was thrilled lol. Took all of about a minute to get his lugs loosened. Got the last one off and said there, you're good to go. He said thank you so much.

I always have my drill and impact wrench in the back seat of the truck along with sockets during the summer. I really don't worry about flats though, I can change them but I also have AAA should I not want to deal with it.

You're a good man Charlie Golf Buddy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WhiteFawn
OK, I've never even been close to South Florida so forgive my ignorance. What is a Blue Jay and a Kimbo Slice?

Kimbo Slice is a famed internet prize fighter.

Blue Jays are loud and obnoxious song birds that become meaner, and bolder when their numbers increase or you approach their living area.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Thanks for the enlightenment I'll keep an eye out for a Blue Jay big enough to drive an F150. Must be quite a sight. I can imagine how one would have trouble with street side engine repair. Just getting the hood open must have been a major accomplishment!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I see a situation, it all depends. Mostly, I'm looking at the potential for both crime and hazard. It's always good to at least ask "do you have help on the way" at a minimum, at least offer to call in town for assistance.

If there's a road hazard, I'll definitely try to help push off the road, again, based on whether I smell risk.

But there's been too many setup incidents to be completely good-neighborly any more. And it's also a point that one should be prepared for your own breakdown or road problem. In Montana, help might not even come by for hours, even on some pavement.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I carry a can of sealant, and a 12 volt compressor.

I bet the guys at the tire shop love cleaning up that mess.
Get a plug kit and skip the green goo.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tireject is supposed to be good. I also have a compact air compressor. I throw the jack away and replace with a floor mount. 90.00 dollars at harbor freights. I let the guys at tire shop know if I have used a liquid in the tire.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Last week I had to go east the tires on my 2016 f-150 are the original Goodyears with 59k+ miles on them. They were getting pretty close to replacement time just at the safety bars. Lasted along time wear wise but have never been really worth a damn traction wise. Well sure enough first snow storm of the season hits on the way back to Rapid City at Chamberlain SD. Had too slow down and use the the 4wd at times but made it home ok. Tired tires on the interstate is one thing but plumb dumb out deer hunting so I went and got a set of Hercules Ironman All Terrain tires 50 k load range E tires $630.48 mounted and balanced installed. So far so good. All the Toyos and Falkens I looked at they want 800-900 bucks a set. Those goodyears had been rotated regular but that right rear still took a hammering to get off the hub. Wanted new ones for the hunting season now it's done. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"
But there's been too many setup incidents to be completely good-neighborly any more."

Is that for real? People are faking that they are broken down, and then they rob the Good Samariatin?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In the last few years I’ve stopped and helped 3 people.

First had ran out of gas, I carry 10 gallons with me in the truck. We caught him on a rainy night walking along the road past fiel after field of cow pasture. He got in the truck and it smelled like a forest fire. We drove back to his truck and I put in 5 gallons, he offered us a bag of weed for saving his butt. I politely said no and he went on home.

Second, was deer season 2013. I was headed home from a very cold and wet week of hunting. As I rounded a turn I saw an older lady in the road and a guy under a truck trying to change a tire. I first drove by but then stopped and backed up. I got out and went to help. The man had to drag his wife out of the road. I got out a 2X8 I carry in the truck and we get it jacked up and the tire changed. Tire we used was as bad as the one that was flat. I followed them home to make sure they got there. Ended up following them to a million dollar home of an retired heart doctor. His wife had alzheimer’s so he had to try and watch her as he changed the tire, she wouldn’t stay in the truck. He thanked me, offered to pay, even hunt his 800 acre farm. I went away making a new friend.

Third was a mother of 2. She was scared to death. I changed the tire and played with the kids.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

hell ya I'll stop

[Linked Image from images.complex.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 42 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.