-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,795 of 1,842 1 2 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have had great fun the last 2 weekends, with the crossbows, cool close in encounters, but I think it'll be "boom sticks" this weekend !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How are things looking in your new woods Paul? Are you guys learning them enough to fill the freezer yet? Hunting your old stomping grounds at all?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky
Tom - you rubbing on the door frames at work yet? Chase off the interns?

You think I ain't?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I knocked the new kid off the job before he knew what hit him..he knows now though.

Smacked in the jaw from the lady laborer. She'll come around.

Last edited by tzone; 10/30/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
How are things looking in your new woods Paul? Are you guys learning them enough to fill the freezer yet? Hunting your old stomping grounds at all?

Not hunting our old stomping grounds, got plenty of ground at the new place.

Yep, freezer will be "stocked up" !

Lots of small to average bucks & seems to be a strong Doe population.

We'll leave the girls alone, this season. Goal is 3 average bucks !!

Paul.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Wow, it has been since July since I have been here! Finally caught up. Not much new in west central MN. Nobody is sick and everyone has all of their digits. On the fun front, it has been an incredible hunting season so far. I started out with my biggest bull ever on an DIY public land archery elk hunt in WY. Then some duck hunting before I took the boys to ND for the youth pheasant hunt. They did well out there. We headed out to WY for antelope and muleys where both boys shot really nice antelope and forkhorn muleys. Now all the kids (yes, that includes me) are excited about deer hunting. Freezer is gonna be full, but that is good as 12 year old boys know how to strap on the feed bag!

We had quite a bit of snow here, 6" and then another 10". But after today, it will be melted in the open and the stuff in the trees will be gone by early next week.

Nice tractor, additions to the family, and new deer stands Dave. Tom, I hope you can hold off for a big one on your hunt, it should be epic! Best of luck to ya!

Good luck to everyone, be safe, and I hope to see that big 10 in someone's hands up there in Chickenbuckland!

May everyone's sights be steady, shot be true, and blood trail be short!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman

12 year old boys know how to strap on the feed bag!

You ain’t seen nothin yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't expect anything less from you Tom!

Went for a little grouse walk after work today. Must have seen 20 scrapes!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son comes in tonight from Indiana. We'll do a lot of scouting this week prior to the opener on Saturday. This will be our last hunt for a while. Eric leaves on December 8th to begin Basic Training with the Air Force. He signed up for a 6 year gig. My daughter is coming up for the second weekend. Really pumped about this, as it will be her first ever deer hunt. Can't wait.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That’s awesome. Is he up for the season?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hello everyone!
Long time no post. Looks like the thread is still going which is good to see.
Funny how one post with some questions on how to start a lifelong memory factory such as Camp Chickenbuck has lead into this. I'm happy Dave started the thread and that he has shared our kids, our weekend and our super fun adventures with you.
It's really something. Thank you to those that have stuck with us even in the quiet times when we haven't posted much.
Good luck everyone! Opener is just around the corner. I know I"m sure hoping to shoot that buck that Dave keeps posting pictures of by his stand. It would only be fair for me since he shot my 7 pointer a few years back. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We'll get to hunt Saturday and Sunday, possibly Monday.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by mrsnortherndave
Hello everyone!
Funny how one post with some questions on how to start a lifelong memory factory such as Camp Chickenbuck has lead into this. I'm happy Dave started the thread and that he has shared our kids, our weekend and our super fun adventures with you.
It's really something. Thank you to those that have stuck with us even in the quiet times when we haven't posted much.
Good luck everyone! Opener is just around the corner. I know I"m sure hoping to shoot that buck that Dave keeps posting pictures of by his stand. It would only be fair for me since he shot my 7 pointer a few years back. grin

You're talking about my pet deer?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He looks like he would really like a permanent place inside the cabin.....

What a stud! I really hope one of you gets him.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hello everyone!

Ma, I think you and Dave should switch stands.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice to hear from you Mrs. Dave. Show those guys how it's done this Saturday!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll be missing MN deer opening morning for only the 2nd time since I've been able to hunt. This son of mine seems to have a football game at 9AM on Saturday morning. There are not many things that could get me out of the woods on opening morning...but that boy is one of them. I'm taking him directly from the game, instead of him riding the bus. We'll get home, he can hit the shower while I load the truck and we'll head north.

Should be in the woods by 1:00 P.M. if things go right.

The only other time I've missed was a few years ago when I hunted in Black Hills, SD.

Last edited by tzone; 11/03/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hello everyone!

Yes Pam, I think Dave would love to let you sit his stand !

Paul.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Hello everyone!

Yes Pam, I think Dave would love to let you sit his stand !

She can! Its a longer walk from the cabin but might be woth it.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be missing MN deer opening morning for only the 2nd time since I've been able to hunt. This son of mine seems to have a football game at 9AM on Saturday morning. There are not many things that could get me out of the woods on opening morning...but that boy is one of them. I'm taking him directly from the game, instead of him riding the bus. We'll get home, he can hit the shower while I load the truck and we'll head north.

Should be in the woods by 1:00 P.M. if things go right.

The only other time I've missed was a few years ago when I hunted in Black Hills, SD.
He won't get in trouble for not riding the bus, will he? Return trips on the bus were team meeting time for us.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Considering about 1/3 of the team is skipping it to go hunting, I doubt it.

Page 1,795 of 1,842 1 2 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 257_X_50, 31 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,863
Posts18,478,602
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.