Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
last week the "right wing" SC voted against trump in 2 states over a ballots issue. then today the hard right wing SC gave a major win to BLM by refusing to hear a lawsuit by a injured cop against a big shot radical BLM leader deray mckesson.
aint it great being a modern conservative?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The function of SC is to give judgements consistent with preservation of current system. Both parties will do anything to win, preserve power, and move agenda agreeable to those that back and sponsor them.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Slavek
The function of SC is to give judgements consistent with preservation of current system. Both parties will do anything to win, preserve power, and move agenda agreeable to those that back and sponsor them.

that is a great response and it is the truth. but the communists ALWAYS win so to me the communists control it all. I just made that post to show the futility of thinking a woman barrett SC judge or any other will save the country

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
OP is either cherry picking or misrepresenting. The BLM case was sent back down with instructions for the lower court to apply Louisiana law since the underlying incident happened there. I think that's the right call even by the most conservative court

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Uh, NO.

The purpose of the US Supreme Court is to insure our Constitution is followed.

Oftentimes that means upsetting the current system dramatically.

The current system in this nation at one time was that it was illegal to teach black children to read. And it was illegal for black people to own/carry a gun, or testify, or sit in judgement of a white person.

SCOTUS ruled on the decisions which held such laws unconstitutional.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
last week the "right wing" SC voted against trump in 2 states over a ballots issue. then today the hard right wing SC gave a major win to BLM by refusing to hear a lawsuit by a injured cop against a big shot radical BLM leader deray mckesson.

A Baton Rouge cop also filed suit against the colored man and it was thrown out, he appealed, won and it’s back on for trial.

Hopefully that’s a precedent for the South Carolina cop.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I hope you know more about your own Govt than you apparently know about ours. Obviously you have reason to be fixated on our country since you claim to live in an ex Soviet bloc schithole and were relegated to bread lines and creative stagnation by the communists for a large portion of your life.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/02/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

As much as you hate cops, I figured you'd be rooting for BLM...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

As much as you hate cops, I figured you'd be rooting for BLM...

A true conservative imo is someone that believes in the U.S. Constitution and that philosophical train of thought. I don’t think SPQLGTB is a conservative at all. He comes across as a tyrant want a be not much different than those that he claims to dislike.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 11/02/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The ballot issue is a states law issue. SCOTUS cannot over rule state law. The republicans in those blue states need to make the case to The People of their state and attempt to change the law.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kill the judge...simple

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Kill the judge...simple

Scotus Judge?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Offhand, I can't think of anything the "supreme court" has done right in the past hundred years or so. Uphold the Constitution? Yeah, right.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 163bc, 49 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,869
Posts18,497,497
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.