Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#15374889 11/03/20
171farm Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone have a hookup for the Sitka friends and family sale? My buddy that did it last year isnt doing it anymore. There are some pieces Id like to get for my 2021 hunt but just cant swing the full price. Send me a PM if you can help out

GB1

C
C
who can afford any of it. Damn stuff is outrageous anymore. I wear the Cabelas stuff when it is on sale. Dry Plus and windstopper works well

what kind of hunt ya doing ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bwahaha....

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
bwahaha....

😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Unremarkable fabric, stupid high prices. They supposedly have a great warranty but does you no good 20 miles from nowhere with a tear in your pants leg or worse in your jacket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's entertaining to me watching guys wearing Sitka and Kuiu standing around a fire to get warm....never getting close enough to feel any heat for fear of a popping ember landing on their pants.

Better yet is watching them cross a barb wire fence.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman

Ha! I actually laughed out loud when I saw that.

I don't own any Sitka or Kuiu gear....save one pair of rain pants I got free somewhere, which I have yet to use. Maybe if I tried it I would see what I've been missing??? I am sure it is good stuff, but the cult following it has makes me shake my head. Some really good hunters that kill a lot of stuff swear by it though, so I can't imagine it isn't quality gear. I could get a pro discount through work, but just haven't seen the need to pursue that.

Wranglers for early season and wool for when the snow gets deep, for me. Maybe one day I'll crawl out of my shell and try something new.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
It's entertaining to me watching guys wearing Sitka and Kuiu standing around a fire to get warm....never getting close enough to feel any heat for fear of a popping ember landing on their pants.

add Banded to that list if you're a waterfowl hunter

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Oh geez that is indeed funny--and oh so true.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Oh geez that is indeed funny--and oh so true.......

Not me, I cross fences in Kuiu pants just like I do in Walmart pants; clumsily. Barbed wire does in fact rip them both. I’ll see how they hold up to embers in a few weeks;)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I actually like their gear a lot. Even bought one of their gortex jackets for skiing. It was 1/3 the price of anything else ski-worthy comparable. I don’t laugh at any guys in the woods, happy to see people enjoying the woods in a similar manner. I do wonder about the guys wearing army surplus cotton BDUs and carhartts, especially at high altitudes with extreme weather weather changes.

Last edited by Mountain10mm; 11/10/20.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I like the surplus stuff as it fits my budget, but you only wear cotton in the mountains in the elements once before you feel like a douche! If my wool is going to be too heavy , then I go with the extreme gear, though I have to admit I buy the off brand stuff at the end of a season on sale somewhere. When Gander went out of business I got some serious cold weather gear , dirt cheap!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Saw a guy wearing Sitka pants with built in knee pads and ass pads. I didn't wear that stuff in Iraq. Just laughed to myself

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hahaha, let's make fun of people with fancy $4000 guns too! Like who needs a Swarovski optic? That's so dumb. Savage and Burris work just fine. We can all laugh at those guys with their fancy guns and empty coolers as they stand around the camp fire too!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The knee pads kick ass. An ass pad sounds just delightful

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I do wonder about the guys wearing army surplus cotton BDUs and carhartts, especially at high altitudes with extreme weather weather changes.

To each their own....I wonder about the guys I see decked out in Kuiu/Sitka/First Lite. I usually give them a 50/50 shot of being someone somewhat serious about this sport, or being a serious road hunter. There seems to be quite a few of both.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When Sitka Gear first came out it literally came apart at the seams....very poor stitching material. I'm told they have made improvements since then.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by huntinaz

Not me, I cross fences in Kuiu pants just like I do in Walmart pants; clumsily. Barbed wire does in fact rip them both. I’ll see how they hold up to embers in a few weeks;)

Lol.......Duct tape is a essential item to have in one's pack.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,394
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.