Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Won an auction for a bunch of parts for those old Stevens pump shotguns that I've been messing with. Included in the "kit" was the shotgun's receiver. The receivers on those old guns are useless without the barrel. Each barrel was hand fitted to the receiver. No barrel was included with the gun parts set, so the receiver is a paper weight.

If you buy a receiver it has to go through an FFL.

I called the guy and told him to keep the receiver and send me the rest of the parts to my house. Nothing illegal about it. It's just a stock, some springs, screws and stuff. You don't need to go through an FFL to have a bunch of miscellaneous gun parts sent to your house as long as there's no receiver included in the parts.

But the guy wouldn't do it. He insisted on sending the receiver also. I told him to throw the receiver in the trash and send the rest of the parts to my house.

He wouldn't do it. So now I have to go through an FFL and pay him a $25 transfer fee for a receiver that I don't have any use for.

The guy's in Massachusetts.

Fuggin' Yankees.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After 3 more days of the current sheshow you might get bored and just drive up there and throw it through his window!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
That doesn’t qualify as a “high capacity assault weapon” in Massachusetts???

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You could choose to simply not pay the man for what you bought ..

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuggin yankees and schit.

LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bought some take off barrels once. Lot of 8 really only interested in 4 of them. Price included shipping and was ridiculously cheap. Told the guy to keep the 4. Would not do it. He would of cut his shipping in half had four barrels to sell.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A lot of retards up here before you named the state I was ready to go buy it from him and send you the parts. If it was Wisconsin I’d help you out.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 11/04/20.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It just doesn't make any sense. I was offering to pay the guy the amount I bid for the parts minus the receiver. I wasn't asking him to take less. Just keep the receiver and send the rest!

I hate dealing with people who don't make sense.

All I *really* wanted was the buttstock. Original buttstocks in nice condition for those things are about impossible to find. But there was some other parts included that would allow me to upgrade some of these old Stevens pump guns that I own so I bought the parts.

I didn't think there would be any problem taking *less* than I paid for. Who refuses to keep something that somebody bought from them?

The whole situation is just fuggin' stupid. If it hadn't been for the stock I would have shut the whole deal down.

I've been pissed about it all afternoon.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thats why they re called "MASSHOLES", try driving on the road with them,you d loose your mind..

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It just doesn't make any sense. I was offering to pay the guy the amount I bid for the parts minus the receiver. I wasn't asking him to take less. Just keep the receiver and send the rest!

I hate dealing with people who don't make sense.

All I *really* wanted was the buttstock. Original buttstocks in nice condition for those things are about impossible to find. But there was some other parts included that would allow me to upgrade some of these old Stevens pump guns that I own so I bought the parts.

I didn't think there would be any problem taking *less* than I paid for. Who refuses to keep something that somebody bought from them?

The whole situation is just fuggin' stupid. If it hadn't been for the stock I would have shut the whole deal down.

I've been pissed about it all afternoon.

Move up here to Wisconsin and try to sell guns on armslist.

You’ll be shaking your head for years.

Last edited by widrahthaar; 11/04/20.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
The seller makes no sense. Did you ask him WHY he just wouldn't throw the receiver out?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The seller makes no sense. Did you ask him WHY he just wouldn't throw the receiver out?

Not specifically. I told him just to toss it a couple of times and all he would say is, "When we sell these sets of parts we sell all of the parts in them."

It's some place that sells bunches of parts. They have a lot of auctions going on Gunbroker. Some include the receiver, some don't. His ads state that no FFL is required if the parts set doesn't include a receiver. So I know he understands the situation and why I didn't want to deal with the receiver/FFL issue.

It never occurred to me that he wouldn't keep the receiver so I didn't have to go through an FFL.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
And now you know why they keep pulling the D lever.

Fuggin scared, stupid or both.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jimy

Or just make good on your half of the transaction.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by jimy

Or just make good on your half of the transaction.

I made good on my half of the transaction. I paid him then tried to make him a gift of the receiver,...which he could dump in the trash can for all I care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just give it to your receiving FFL.. no transfer.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Im telling you, the guy probably is schitting himself thinking if he dumps it in the trash it'll be used to off another Kennedy...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
Just give it to your receiving FFL.. no transfer.

I thought of that.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HawkI
Im telling you, the guy probably is schitting himself thinking if he dumps it in the trash it'll be used to off another Kennedy...

LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 1moredeer, 204guy, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,497,991
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.