Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am about to dump a new forum I have been frequenting because I found out there is no 2A forum or even allowing the discussion of politics in this forum,

General Discussion Forum
A place to discuss anything and everything that doesn't have its own forum.

It would seem that is a general discussion forum yet the "super Moderator" shuts down any thread started on politics, even the discussion of having political discussions!

Last edited by rickt300; 11/05/20.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So the hunting forum doesn’t want political discussions ? That’s a problem ? I love the Wild West discussions here in the 24Campfire but I can also see wanting a pure hunting forum. Which forum are you going to leave ?

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
So the hunting forum doesn’t want political discussions ? That’s a problem ? I love the Wild West discussions here in the 24Campfire but I can also see wanting a pure hunting forum. Which forum are you going to leave ?

This forum , called Rokslide is a hunting, shooting and reloading forum. Unlike you I don't believe currently it makes sense to have "safe" places that refuse free speech. I mean how is it a forum like that would align itself with Twitter/Facebook, CNN, MSNBC by not allowing people who support the 1st and second amendments to discuss what is going on? And by doing so infringing on the 1st amendment.

Dog I rescued in January

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Freedom of speech is what makes the CF great. Some of the guy's on CF are brutal with their back and fourth but you can either man up or move along.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I frequent a couple forums with a No Politics" rule, but they have nothing to do with shooting.
I rather enjoy that, I mean, you know for certain you can always fill up on Politics any number of other places. Right here is one of the best for that!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
I frequent a couple forums with a No Politics" rule, but they have nothing to do with shooting.
I rather enjoy that, I mean, you know for certain you can always fill up on Politics any number of other places. Right here is one of the best for that!

True. The facts are I was just feeling them out and found them wanting, bunch of prissy fence sitters.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
You know the ones that are run by commies.....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Private forum. Their forum, their rules. No such thing as free speech there and no protection under the 1st.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
True. The facts are I was just feeling them out and found them wanting, bunch of prissy fence sitters.

I tried to register for curiosity but the Human Verification question was "Name a brand of Hunting clothing".
I tried three times, Filson, Carhartt and Woolrich. Told me all three were incorrect.
Bugger 'em.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like rokslide for their classifieds. They generally have some of the first lite, kuiu stuff that doesn't generally show here. I generally don't frequent general discussion forums, but I do like to stalk the one here. Couple of the guys on here give me a good laugh, DeFlave, Jackmountain, renegade50, slumlord. Thehuntingbeast hunting forum is pretty good and they also have a free speech area. You have no issue finding out where the site owner, Dan Infalt, stands on any of it.

Last edited by Bperdue21; 11/05/20.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Private forum. Their forum, their rules. No such thing as free speech there and no protection under the 1st.

True and oddly enough very telling. One of them called me a "Green Decoy" guy, had to look it up and I believe that is what they are.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Green_Decoys

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I frequent a couple of forums that are primarily guns and hunting but DO have a sub forum for politics.
If anyone does not follow the rules, I just use the Ignore feature and their posts are hidden from me. IGNORE also makes life bearable on his forum also to filter out trolls and other undesirable posters.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I belong to several forums that are heavily moderated, some hunting/guns, some focused on other topics. I don’t have an issue since you should know the rules going in. It’s their forum and if the want to maintain a certain sense of decorum, that’s fine. Abide by their rules or leave. I don’t mind the free wheeling here. Kind of like the shift offices at the prisons I where I worked. Nothing was sacred. Had to cowboy up or leave.

There are forums I frequent where I don’t want that atmosphere. I go there for the exchange of ideas and information in a civil arena.

As was mentioned already, “their forums, their rules.” When you register with their forum you generally have a box to check acknowledging you read, understand and will abide by the rules. Kind of silly to whine about their rules after agreeing to them.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by mart
I belong to several forums that are heavily moderated, some hunting/guns, some focused on other topics. I don’t have an issue since you should know the rules going in. It’s their forum and if the want to maintain a certain sense of decorum, that’s fine. Abide by their rules or leave. I don’t mind the free wheeling here. Kind of like the shift offices at the prisons I where I worked. Nothing was sacred. Had to cowboy up or leave.

There are forums I frequent where I don’t want that atmosphere. I go there for the exchange of ideas and information in a civil arena.

As was mentioned already, “their forums, their rules.” When you register with their forum you generally have a box to check acknowledging you read, understand and will abide by the rules. Kind of silly to whine about their rules after agreeing to them.

So with no rules posted how would you characterize this forum header?

Home
Forums
General Forums

General Discussion Forum
A place to discuss anything and everything that doesn't have its own forum

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rokslide is a good forum with lots of knowledgeable folks. Nothing wrong with a "hunting" forum abstaining from politics. Who goes to a political forum and looks to post in a hunting section?

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by skeen
Rokslide is a good forum with lots of knowledgeable folks. Nothing wrong with a "hunting" forum abstaining from politics. Who goes to a political forum and looks to post in a hunting section?

This is the header the the forum in question, Not in the hunting section. Sure the forum is nice but do you really appreciate free speech?

Home
Forums
General Forums

General Discussion Forum
A place to discuss anything and everything that doesn't have its own forum

So what does that mean to you? And oddly enough why wouldn't you have a political forum in a site dedicated to what has been a very politicized subject for decades? I disagree with your opinion of Rokslide, any site that acts like Twitter/Facebook is not one in your best interests.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rokslide has replaced this one for most of my friends.
Their purpose is to cater to hunting, camping and shooting.
They are staying true to their mission without needless diversion.

Everyone likes to have a good discussion or debate, but many on this site can’t honestly debate any subject; and think that anybody who has another view is a communist, homosexual, mentally ill, corrupt, or stupid. It’s really quite bizarre.

For example, I’m still an nra member and think they do a fairly good job on the most part, but I also think Wayne is corrupt and needs to replaced. Point being is that you can actually have conflicted views on any given subject.

Cheers.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where I live there is a forum "next door" that services our town.

20,000 people and half of what is written is political from a half dozen liberals before the national politics was kept out.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by conrad101st

Everyone likes to have a good discussion or debate, but many on this site can’t honestly debate any subject; and think that anybody who has another view is a communist, homosexual, mentally ill, corrupt, or stupid. It’s really quite bizarre.

For example, I’m still an nra member and think they do a fairly good job on the most part, but I also think Wayne is corrupt and needs to replaced. Point being is that you can actually have conflicted views on any given subject.

Cheers.

I agree but first to have conflicted views you must have free speech. As for those who cannot honestly debate any subject they have made clear what they are, very important bit of knowledge. And if most of your friends have gone over to Rokslide good for them. It is too important at this point in history to ignore what is going on in the country. Remember the actual argument here is for free speech.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by conrad101st

Cheers.

Poor baby.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.