Hop To
#15387474 11/06/20
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Saw this posted today. Just so we can remember.

I am making this post so it will show back up as a memory on my timeline:
Today is 3 days after the 2020 election with still no winner declared due to corruption. Gasoline is currently $1.65 per gallon and $1.87 per gallon for diesel. Interest rates are 2.65 percent for a 30-year mortgage. The stock market opened at 28,399.13 though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented! *President Trump has been nominated for 3 Nobel Peace Prizes by 3 different countries.
What is next for our country is uncertain and I am concerned that the line of evil/good has been drawn.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jimmyp

Today is 3 days after the 2020 election with still no winner declared due to corruption. Gasoline is currently $1.65 per gallon and $1.87 per gallon for diesel. Interest rates are 2.65 percent for a 30-year mortgage. The stock market opened at 28,399.13 though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33 percent. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest it has been in years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well. And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented! *President Trump has been nominated for 3 Nobel Peace Prizes by 3 different countries.
What is next for our country is uncertain and I am concerned that the line of evil/good has been drawn.

Yes...and then it appears a significant portion of your population have gone stark raving mad.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Truth!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yes...and then it appears a significant portion of your population have gone stark raving mad.

It appears to be a human condition that occurs when we become too successful, fat and spoiled.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes true.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah but Trump's a meanie poo poo head on Twitter.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Told my wife if someone is looking to buy a house they better do it soon..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Regular unleaded is $1.59 here in Texas today and I have made note of of that. I saved your post. Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

I would argue if someone wants to sell a house, they better do it soon. Time will tell I guess.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by 79S

I would argue if someone wants to sell a house, they better do it soon. Time will tell I guess.

Interesting and I don't disagree. But a curious thing is happening and I know exactly why. My locale NW Montana house prices have gone crazy and inventory is non existent

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

As JStuart notes...Half the country went mad. The half that is so shallow and mentally lazy that they cannot even think for themselves. They vote for personality and not merit. The half that refuses to see, refuses to reason. The half that will cast the freedoms earned by the blood, risk and sacrifice of those before us. The half that bows to the big corporations and worships their hand held devices. The half that willingly and readily trade free speech and god given rights for the "promise" of free college, free healthcare, free, free, free, blissfully unaware of the hidden price that will follow. The half that can name every celebrity in hollywood, but cannot name even one supreme court justice..

I just cannot forgive this other half for what they have done. I am resentful as hell. I cannot be consoled. I will never forget. This was not an election between two views of how America will move forward but between one side that wants to continue to form a more perfect union and one that wants to destroy it's essence, it's values, it's morals and it's heritage and all it aspirations and all for power and greed or the the false notion that government will fill their every need. That is not the U.S that the good people of the earth the world over imagines. The nation that desperate people see as the beacon of hope.

We carry the burden as the only place left that has any semblance of individual freedom. And we have given a huge chunk of that freedom away over my lifetime. And now we are poised to turn over what is left without even a shred in resistance.

I am old and physically beat up and it is painful to even take a step. I have worked hard for what I have and played mostly by the rules. The question I keeping asking myself and what many others are asking themselves, and what the founders must have asked themselves is whether America as conceived is worth risking everything to preserve. Past and present generations have thought so as they gave life and limb.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lost.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by 79S

Interesting and I don't disagree. But a curious thing is happening and I know exactly why. My locale NW Montana house prices have gone crazy and inventory is non existent

It's an interesting equation to watch and see how it plays out. I remember in 2007 everyone in my area was telling me "if you don't buy now, you will never be able to afford a home because it's only going higher." Something didn't sit right with me after years of going vertical, it felt like buying the top. I waited and sure enough in 2011, I bought a house that had dropped in price by about 35% from those 2007 levels. Of course, there's nothing that says the same thing has to happen again but it just feels the same to me.

The dropping interest rates over many years and the current bloated money supply is forcing the markets higher. The lower interest rates have allowed sellers to continue to drive prices higher because lower rates offset these price increases on a monthly payment basis. As soon as rates stop dropping or start heading higher, that seller price leverage will be gone and monthly buyer outlays will rise, even if prices stay stagnant. In other words, it will be harder and harder to raise prices within the affordability limits of the potential buyer pool.

Lastly, the Fed has been pumping a lot of liquidity into the system. They're gonna want it back at some point. When that happens, it'll put a lid on nearly every market. Question is when does that happen? Who knows, maybe years from now and I'm crying wolf. Like I said, time will tell. All I know for certain is that I have an excellent job, very low expenses and there's no way I can afford a decent home in my area. I probably make more than 60-70% of the people here.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,601
Posts18,473,568
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.