Print Thread
Hop To
N
noKnees Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
What are the odds for the Runoffs in GA? Trying to decide where to send money.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Assuming the crooked Dems continue their assault on fair elections, I’m worried. They want control of the Senate badly. They will do anything to get Warnock and Ossoff in.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've not looked into what brought Georgia to where we are today with these runoffs, but it seems like a huge fugup to me.

Why were there multiple candidates?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stacey's revenge, Abrams has registered 800,000 voters in GA since she lost her bid for governor and she will be working to get both D's elected to the Senate in this runoff. Not sure what the odds are but it will be hard fought.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
N
noKnees Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Have there been previous recent runoffs? how is turnout? Do the parties have much of a ground game in the runoffs? Without wins in these two races every bill Pelosi ( or AOC) write is going to get a free pass in the Senate. It will be Obama Care all over x10 Guns, Taxes, Packing SCOTUS and more.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I've not looked into what brought Georgia to where we are today with these runoffs, but it seems like a huge fugup to me.

The reason is confusing. Ga Senator Issacson retired last year due to health concerns. Gov Kemp appointed Kelly Loeffler to fill that seat. There were many candidates running, but the top two were Warnock and Loeffler. Neither got over 50%, thus requiring a run-off.

Purdue is the incumbent, running against Ossoff. He was winning handily until the Dems rammed through votes. If Perdue would have exceeded 50%, he would have won outright without the need for a run-off.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RicG

The reason is confusing. Ga Senator Issacson retired last year due to health concerns. Gov Kemp appointed Kelly Loeffler to fill that seat. There were many candidates running, but the top two were Warnock and Loeffler. Neither got over 50%, thus requiring a run-off.

Purdue is the incumbent, running against Ossoff. He was winning handily until the Dems rammed through votes. If Perdue would have exceeded 50%, he would have won outright without the need for a run-off.

That sounds like a cluster.

What I'm thinking is that RNC dropped the ball on this one. There never should have been more than one candidate in the general election.

That is a problem that needs to be solved before the general.... with either a special election or primary.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it was described as a jungle election. everybody ran on the same ballot. the top two contenders are in a runoff. lot's repubs, independents, demo's and libertarians. run off on 5 jan. a bad weather day will benefit the repubs.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

It puzzles me as to why Georgia went to the jungle primary type format. I have a friend that is a legislator in the house, I’ll be sure to ask him WTF next week.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What puzzles me is why Doug Collins ran? Weird.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Doug ran because he wanted the Senate position. He was also mad at Governor Kemp for giving (selling) the appointment to Buckhead Barbi. Trump also wanted Collins in the Senate.

Georgia's only hope for the Senate is Perdue. He will have a tough fight against Jon "Boi" Ossoff, especially when you figure in voter fraud from the greater Atlanta area.

As for the other Senate run-off, it doesn't matter which contestant wins. If the black preacher wins, he is listed as a democrat. Buckhead Barbi pledged support to Trump in her campaign. However she has a history of being very liberal. My take on her winning is that she will list herself as a Republican but vote straight line democrat.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JB in SC

It puzzles me as to why Georgia went to the jungle primary type format. I have a friend that is a legislator in the house, I’ll be sure to ask him WTF next week.

In Georgia, anyone can run if they put up the filling fee - $500 I believe. That's how you get umpteen candidates.

If history is any indication, Georgia elects both GOP candidates in a fair election. Find 100K votes in another flood, and all bets are off.

The DNC has spent probably $75 million trying to get Jon Ossoff elected in Georgia, to the House first and now the Senate. Likely they will spend another $40 million between now and Jan 5th. That's well over $100 million on a nobody candidate. He is Beto O'Roark without charisma. He is the original Pajama Boi. His best campaign ads feature his wife the doctor talking, and not PJ Jon. Ossoff by himself is a nothing. He is just a generic (D)emocratic to run.

The Dems will pour money into these two trying to get them by hook or by crook. Good news is that the whole focus of the GOP will be on keeping those seats and there will be no more midnight stop the counts or "floods" or denial of GOP observers in January here.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-for-georgia-democrats-in-senate-runoffs

Former Georgia gubernatorial hopeful Stacey Abrams says that she and her group Fair Fight Action have raised $6 million so far to help Democrats in Georgia’s pair of Jan. 5 Senate runoff elections.

The voting rights activist and former state lawmaker announced the seven-figure fundraising haul in a tweet Monday.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.