Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Two companies that are nearing approval are using a messenger RNA intereference (mRNAi) approach.

It seems a bit strange that they might approve this technology on people before a simmilar approach is approved to control beetle larvae feeding on corn roots.

Not my baliwick so maybe I might be connecting dots in the wrong order.

GB4

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah it’s hilarious.....let’s test it on the Fire trolls first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vaccine I've heard of will make you sick....very sick for 5 days or so. It gives you several corona strains. No thank you!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sign me up for the first shot. It sounds like a new base map download for your GPS. All of a sudden your body will have a direction on what's good and what's bad.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sign me up

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Esox357
Vaccine I've heard of will make you sick....very sick for 5 days or so. It gives you several corona strains. No thank you!

That kind of vaccine is called a protein or peptide vaccine(antigens). This means parts of, dead or weakened viruses are in the vaccine. This is what the flu vaccine is. These take longer to develop because you have to, usually, not always, grow the virus in large quantities to get enough virus material to produce millions (billions) of doses.

ALL the leading SARS-CoV-2 vaccines are not these kind. They are DNA or nRNA types. Very different mechanism. The Russian vaccine for example is a vector based vaccine, which I'm pretty sure means a DNA vaccine, where they use modifed cold viruses to deliver plasmoid DNA(covid DNA) to your cell to get it generate antigens. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are both competing mRNA vaccines with LPN delivery mechanisms. It gets real complicated, but there are no human approved vaccines using this tech before COVID-19.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Civilian rna vaccines don't exist currently. I'm not sure if the military has used them.

All that to say, I'll let 25 million or so get 6-8 months down the course before I consider it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm not an anti-vaxer, but I'm not going to be first in line. If the mortality risk were much higher I'd be less reticent.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The bottom line is that most SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates are bio tech, which had it's conception in gene therapy work. These are not your fathers kinds of vaccines.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There’s an entire school of research within public health on how to frighten people, known as “fear appeal”
Fear appeal is based on the premise that to successfully implement a public health measure, you must first highlight a threat. And, to work, the threat must be made personal, so that people fear for their personal safety
Next, you give people something immediate to do that will set them on the path of cooperating with the plan in its entirety. Examples during the COVID-19 pandemic include not leaving your house, wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart, closing certain businesses and keeping children home from school. In the future, we can expect to be told we must get vaccinated and digitally tracked before we can resume life as normal
By adding confusion to the mix, you can bring an individual from fear to anxiety — a state of confusion in which you can no longer think logically. In this state, you are more easily manipulated
Eventually, when the fear and anxiety are great enough, desperation sets in, at which point people are willing to do just about anything to get relief

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
There’s an entire school of research within public health on how to frighten people, known as “fear appeal”
Fear appeal is based on the premise that to successfully implement a public health measure, you must first highlight a threat. And, to work, the threat must be made personal, so that people fear for their personal safety
Next, you give people something immediate to do that will set them on the path of cooperating with the plan in its entirety. Examples during the COVID-19 pandemic include not leaving your house, wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart, closing certain businesses and keeping children home from school. In the future, we can expect to be told we must get vaccinated and digitally tracked before we can resume life as normal
By adding confusion to the mix, you can bring an individual from fear to anxiety — a state of confusion in which you can no longer think logically. In this state, you are more easily manipulated
Eventually, when the fear and anxiety are great enough, desperation sets in, at which point people are willing to do just about anything to get relief

This is so right on the money!

I already see the anxiety stage with the last set of lock downs. People are genuinely getting irrational about things.

Truth is the mortality rates we are seeing with this virus are biologically insignificant. IMAGINE if someone unleashed, I mean that literally, a virus that had a 5% or 10% mortality across the board. The entire country would descend into complete dystopian chaos folks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't know the specifics of the upcoming vaccines but I'm going to get it once it makes its way to me. I live in small town podunk ville and I suspect a few million people will get vaccinated before it's available to me. We'll see how it affects them.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by hotsoup
I don't know the specifics of the upcoming vaccines but I'm going to get it once it makes its way to me. I live in small town podunk ville and I suspect a few million people will get vaccinated before it's available to me. We'll see how it affects them.

Probably more than a few million people.

I've heard 25 million doses a month starting early 2021. Priority will be health care workers, essential (which I'm sure will include democrats and the oligarch class) workers. The UN is lobbying for third world fairness which means world wide competition for the vaccine.

Given all that it may be years before world vaccination. I wonder if there will be another virus looming during that time. I wonder if we are now entering a state of permanent vaccination requirements. Maybe the 21st century prozac.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/16/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks, but I'll pass on an untried vaccine that has been hyper sent to market.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by OldHat

I've heard 25 million doses a month starting early 2021. Priority will be health care workers, essential (which I'm sure will include democrats and the oligarch class) workers. The UN is lobbying for third world fairness which means world wide competition for the vaccine.

Given all that it may be years before world vaccination. I wonder if there will be another virus looming during that time. I wonder if we are now entering a state of permanent vaccination requirements. Maybe the 21st century prozac.

I expect that COVID 19, 20, 21....... will be standard additions to our yearly flu shots.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm not opposed to taking the vaccine but won't be first, second, or third in line. Going to give it some time before signing up.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

You're a fuuckin nut job. You'll fit in well here.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
The bottom line is that most SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates are bio tech, which had it's conception in gene therapy work. These are not your fathers kinds of vaccines.

That was my point. Seems to be a rush on adopting something this new for a disease with such a low fatality rate to this point. The math and politics on this virus are pretty bizare.

Not anti vaccine at all but the way these vaccines work make me a wee bit nervous and it doesn't get much play.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Blackbart has been scared to fugking death since day one.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Here's your vaccine so far...............

https://twitter.com/BardsFM/status/1328376279784046600

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (12344mag, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,979
Posts18,480,890
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.