Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I used to be into reloading, however due to time restraints, I sold-off all my stuff and got out of it a few years ago. Yeah I know, bad decision.

Anyhow, my situation has changed and I'm considering picking back up on it. Should I wait until manufacturers catch up on demand before investing or start buying what I can now?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I say you gave it up so there must have been a good reason. Either you don't shoot much, or you don't enjoy it.. Take up golf..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Start now. You can find everything you need on the major retailer sites if you are flexible on bullets. For primers you'll have to go to gunbroker and pay pandemic prices but just bite the bullet on that.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There are no good answers right now, but I would say it isn't time to get into reloading. Finding the primers and powders you need is going to be extremely costly and difficult. I don't know if it will get any better in this uncertain future we're faced with, however.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I say you gave it up so there must have been a good reason. Either you don't shoot much, or you don't enjoy it.. Take up golf..

Yeah he said he got out of it because of time restraints in his life man. As cool Joe Biden would say com’ on man????? Far as the OP he can find stuff even right now.. just the other day scored 1k small rifle primers and 2k small pistol primers.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Does mom know you’re on the computer again?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I tried golf....I'd rather watch paint dry.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
it isnt going to get better any time soon...start now and get what you can and keep looking

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
golf is for people who don't know how to hunt or fish!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you’ll get some satisfaction near-term from “the hunt” for a new setup, i’d say go for it.

Wanted to pick up reloading when got back to the states in summer of ‘09 - bad timing, but enjoyed piecing together my workspace and setup, consumables over the following, gulp, few years. IMO you’ll fare better; for one you already know what you’re doing, and two, market is tightened but not full-on ridiculous yet. So if you want to do it, do it, might as well get the ball rolling.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It should get easier to get things needed......after the war! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s never a bad time

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gene270
it isnt going to get better any time soon...start now and get what you can and keep looking

This^^^

Just start collecting equipment and components as you can. Haunt gun shops if there are any your area.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Try reading the post before responding.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
No time like the present to start.

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by gene270

This^^^

Just start collecting equipment and components as you can. Haunt gun shops if there are any your area.

This.. and this.

I just scored 2k FGMM rifle primers for like 80 bucks the other day at a local shop. Its out there... just gotta look.

Do you have any buddies or CF members who live reasonably close who could help you procure some supplies... primers, powder, or bullets?

Last edited by J23; 11/16/20.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve bought a good bit of everything except primers since the Plague arose; just had to search a bit. Even bought a couple K of large pistol primers last summer. Start putting the pieces together and eventually you’ll get what you need. Last time around, shops here had primers, but limited you to one or two packs a day, something you can live with if it applies now. Online? Get in line wherever possible, even if it’s only for notification.

Good luck.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Word of mouth is your friend, I put the word out regarding powder and primers and have found both at pre-pandemic prices. I absolutely refuse to pay gouger prices, example small pistol primers are being offered for $180. - $250. per K in the Indy area. I found a K for $35.00 and powder for $15./#. As for reloading equipment I've always found what I need on the secondary market and have never paid more than 50% of current retail. There's no reason not to get back into reloading now.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Try reading the post before responding.

There's one in every crowd, lol.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I say go for it.Buy all the components you can afford and find.Then if and when the smoke clears stock up for 2-3 years of projected ammo needs over what you have on hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.