Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What's a better sock by a good measure than DT?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boomer, good news on The Corona.

Won't do the REI one's. Poly type stuff makes me sweat something fierce, and I really dislike the feel of plastic against my skin.

The silk one's might be a workable item.

I think I'm going to keep looking for some merino ones ........................on sale...............big discount type sale.......... wink

My merino long johns feel great, but they're getting old. Shirt is starting to get holes actually.

Enjoy the grind, you're a part of the economy bud.....................and helping to keep my SS check coming!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
While we're discussing manly fashion.

I decided to switch from the Wrangler Riggs Ranger pant in favor of the USA made Carhart B01. No cargo pocket but Made in USA and built tough. Seems very rugged and protective.

Possibly offsets my China optics and AR rail/sling mount accessory purchases a little... Maybe.

Hold Up Suspenders too!

USA also, someone here turned me unto Chapman Tools from CT, for driver bits. I have invested.

And an SK screw driver and Malco prick punch.

A few basic nylon slings, USA made.

Also, a MR Heater brand heater, not USA but not China either. I'm trying.

The last Riggs I bought were from Nicaragua.....not China than God.

I've looked for a good pair of USA made cargos, not recently though. Maybe someone knows of some. Tried a pair of the Duluth firehose pants, didn't hold up as well as the Riggs for me.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s just personal preference Boomer. I like a looser weave, I have two pair of wool socks I just love. Can’t find the name or remember or I’d buy more of them. I don’t like anything that constricts my toes one iota. The Dt’s do that right outa the gate for me.

I can like them as a winter dress sock here, but just not my faves for hiking, hunting etc.

I can get by with them, just not my faves

Good thing we only have to make ourselves happy w what gear we buy & use

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Right on.

If we could only find some undies for Geno and convince ironheaded guy to try some good socks! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dungeness sells the USA made Carhart B01 seconds for $30, $36 shipped or free shipping over $50. Great companyin my experience. Wish it had the Riggs style cargo pocket but I am getting by....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dungeness sells the USA made Carhart B01 seconds for $30, $36 shipped or free shipping over $50. Great companyin my experience. Wish it had the Riggs style cargo pocket but I am getting by....

Dungarees you mean? I think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Smart Wool guy here, might try some of the brands mentioned in this tread, if they are good enough for Mr. Conrad they'll be good enough for me.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh, I'm wearing a pair of Smart Wool socks today, medium cushion and pleasantly warm, with zero complaints, day three in them.

Don't assume all of one brand perfect. The options make the value, just like any other gear. I recently decided one pair of Darn Toughs I have are not as good as the other versions.

you dont change your socks everyday.......bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar
[quote=P_Weed]What's socks?

I agree, wholeheartedly

Originally Posted by Bristoe
People on here seem to ponder socks quite a bit.[/quote

I for the life of me, can't imagine why.

Going to town this morning, 0900. 36F (hey, it was supposed to warm all the way up to 44F or so)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Like them Mexican fellas said about badges................we don't need no stinkin' socks.

Geno my friend.... real men wear boots..... and socks.... and long pants..... smile

I did, for years, under orders from "The Man".

Now, unless I'm working around the place and need to, I'm in shorts and sandals, but mostly barefoot when I can.

I refuse to grow up. wink

You are a true rebel.... I salute you.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BobMt
Oh, I'm wearing a pair of Smart Wool socks today, medium cushion and pleasantly warm, with zero complaints, day three in them.

Don't assume all of one brand perfect. The options make the value, just like any other gear. I recently decided one pair of Darn Toughs I have are not as good as the other versions.

you dont change your socks everyday.......bob

Nope, generally not unless I sweat a lot. They simply don't need it. Bacteria doesn't infect merino wool like other materials. Cuts down on the chance of the wife loosing them in the laundry, can't afford that chit!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 19352012

Dungarees you mean? I think.

Yah, damned spellchecker!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big R in Billings has Darn Tough socks on sale right now for 25% off. Good deal.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by renegade50
Gotta take care of the feet....

A clean rifle and healthy feet are the primary tools of the warfighter. When I was in A & I w/ the 173rd in RVN I was informed in no uncertain terms by a scary old SMAJ w/ a Merrill's Marauders patch and 3 wars on his chest that doc will inspect every troops feet at least once/day no matter what.

Modern, premium boots are designed to enhance your performance and protect your feet. When working 40 hours a week on my feet I replaced my Lowa Desert Zephyrs every year, they were intact but the soles were worn and the cushioning was shot. Putting on a new pair was a huge improvement. Like running shoes, boots should be replaced frequently if used frequently. The old days of heavy leather norwegian welt boots that were resoled are, thankfully, a thing of the past if you choose to treat yourself. good boots and good socks make work or play better and are an investment in yourself.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Great Canadian Sox Shop, has good socks

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Old Jim Conrad fell for the oldest trick in the book.

Hey mister, wanna buy some socks? Make the wife wanna suck on your toes!

Give me two pair.

If I had a dollar.....

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
For a pair of friggin socks.

Darn Tough....made in Communist Vermont by communists probably.

Paul Bunyan, full cushion over the calf size xl.

Ordered two pair.

These things better be good.

How can a pair of socks be that expensive??

American Sheep Industry has socks too. Wife likes em.

Reece brand?

Jim, I have been using the bamboo fibre worksocks for the past few years as they are comfortable and they stop foot odour, they are also cheap and easy to replace from various ebay sellers.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Going to town this morning, 0900. 36F (hey, it was supposed to warm all the way up to 44F or so)

Like them Mexican fellas said about badges................we don't need no stinkin' socks.

Watch and weep, todays temps in Celsius...we haven't hit summer yet...still nice and barmy spring weather.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Watch and weep, todays temps in Celsius...we haven't hit summer yet...still nice and barmy spring weather.

[Linked Image]

I broke a sweat reading that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
41 is plenty hot.

I am MAGA.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.