Print Thread
Hop To
P
Philos Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Looking for ESEE Izula with carbon steel and micarta handles. The original not the II. Knife does not have to be in great condition. Not looking for any other type/brand other than the original ESEE Izula.

Thanks

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I may have one that I've never even used Philos. I'll have to dig around. Maybe it is obvious; but, how do I tell if it is the original? No marking stating Izula II?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Tag.

I’ll check the stash tomorrow after hunting.

P
Philos Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I may have one that I've never even used Philos. I'll have to dig around. Maybe it is obvious; but, how do I tell if it is the original? No marking stating Izula II?

The original Izula is shorter-it is 6.25 inches overall-I believe the Izula II is 1/2 inch longer.

Last edited by Philos; 11/20/20.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
Tag.

I’ll check the stash tomorrow after hunting.

I have an Izula Fire Ant Red that’s just laying around; no micarta scales though.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Philos
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

The original Izula is shorter-it is 6.25 inches overall-I believe the Izula II is 1/2 inch longer.

The handle is longer on the Izula 2, I also believe they are marked Izula 2.

Those looking to buy ESEE's Izula, need to be aware that there are Chinese copies on the market. I got one at a gunshow, compared to the regular Izula it was a very close copy. I started to see references on-line to Chinese copies and compared it to the Izula I already had. Sorry, but I gave it away or I would do a comparison picture. The steel may have been fine, I don;t know as I never used it.

I like ESEE knives and the warranty (regarding damage) is probably the best in the knife world. Just 1095 steel, which is fine for most of us.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
P
Philos Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Still looking for original Izula. I am looking for this knife for a project I have in mind so the condition can be off somewhat-in fact I'd rather it be a bit used as I am looking for a lower priced item and not a newer nice knife to experiment on. Doesn't have to have micarta scales but would prefer.

Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Philos, I found mine; but, as it turns out, it is an Izula II.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
Philos Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
No problem. Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 57 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.