Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Good? Bad? Same as the other cheap guns? Looking at one in a compact version in 6.5. How are the triggers in the 2 vs 1? Are they adjustable at all? It seems as though it might be a good enrty gun that is actually available. More curious about the tdigger than anything else. Thanks.

Last edited by hillbillyjake; 11/21/20.
HR IC

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can't answer your questions but I've been doing a fair amount of research on these guns. Plan to buy one by the end of the month.

$75 factory rebate

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The compass 2 has a blade trigger, like the savage accue trigger type thing. Mine breaks pretty decent. It's not my favorite trigger. Has a threaded barrel. I bought one in .223 for a truck gun. I've only shot factory fodder so far, and it's easily sub moa.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I just got one but am awaiting ammo to arrive to shoot it. I had been intending to get the Utility model, but by the time I got to store there was only a $5 difference between the two, so I got the 2. Can't compare the triggers, but on the 2 it is non-adjustable, but it feels really good at about 4 pounds. Not as much movement in the blade piece before firing as there is in an Accutrigger. BTW, the rebate is $75 on the Venture. On the Compass 2 it is $50. Academy had it marked down to 275 before the rebate.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got one in 6.5CM. This is the only bladed type trigger I've ever used but it seems OK. Breaks consistently at 3.3 to 3.6 pounds. My chamber was cut a little off center (revealed by the borescope). Three of the five lands are perfectly cleaned up by the reamer at the leade, but the land opposite these has a thousandth or so of rifling that was not cleaned up by the reamer that runs all the way through the leade to the end of the chamber throat. The fifth, adjacent leade is cleaned up on one side of the land but the other side, closest to the "exposed" one still shows a fine line through the throat.
I took pics to send to TC/S&W in case it is a problem. But so far so good. I took it to the range with 24 total rounds, all loaded with the famous 41.5 gr H4350 and eight each of the 142 ABLR, 140 NBT, and 143 ELD-X. First three shots I ever fired (with the 140 NBT, SPS blems) landed in under 1/2 inch. It went a little downhill from there, but out of the 24 shots I got two flyers, one called and one not. Including the flyers, it averaged 1.24 MOA. The 22 shots absent the 2 flyers averaged 0.88 MOA. Makes me wonder what it would do with a well centered chamber/leade.

BTW, S&W processed my $50 rebate very quickly, only a week or two, despite a warning that it might take up to 6-8 weeks. Need to buy by end of the month to get that I think, so don;t hesitate if seriously interested.

Cheers,
Rex

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TRexF16
I just got one in 6.5CM. This is the only bladed type trigger I've ever used but it seems OK. Breaks consistently at 3.3 to 3.6 pounds. My chamber was cut a little off center (revealed by the borescope). Three of the five lands are perfectly cleaned up by the reamer at the leade, but the land opposite these has a thousandth or so of rifling that was not cleaned up by the reamer that runs all the way through the leade to the end of the chamber throat. The fifth, adjacent leade is cleaned up on one side of the land but the other side, closest to the "exposed" one still shows a fine line through the throat.
I took pics to send to TC/S&W in case it is a problem. But so far so good. I took it to the range with 24 total rounds, all loaded with the famous 41.5 gr H4350 and eight each of the 142 ABLR, 140 NBT, and 143 ELD-X. First three shots I ever fired (with the 140 NBT, SPS blems) landed in under 1/2 inch. It went a little downhill from there, but out of the 24 shots I got two flyers, one called and one not. Including the flyers, it averaged 1.24 MOA. The 22 shots absent the 2 flyers averaged 0.88 MOA. Makes me wonder what it would do with a well centered chamber/leade.

BTW, S&W processed my $50 rebate very quickly, only a week or two, despite a warning that it might take up to 6-8 weeks. Need to buy by end of the month to get that I think, so don;t hesitate if seriously interested.

Cheers,
Rex

That's great shooting. How long did you wait between shots? Wondering how much barrel warm up might effect things on this gun.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
So there is no adjustment at all on the trigger? No spring changes or anything? The barrel looks to be a heavier co tour than ypur normal sporter. Is this the case. Definetly seem to shooy well

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m at the point where a rifle has to offer more than a low price even with good accuracy. Don’t own a truck, or have a barn. These do nothing for me, so I’m not interested. Can see the obvious utility for others. You’re welcome to my share.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Hunted with a guy from Houston, last week that had a brand new T/C Compass, we were sitting in a ground blind in the fog early in the morning, everything was wet, I watched his gun rust from the T/C Compass letters on the action to the end of the barrel in about 1 hour, what a piece of crap. Rio7

R
R
The Compass II trigger is nice. No creep and a clean break. A big improvement over the earlier version. The three I’ve had have all been good shooters.

Red Cedar

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I just picked up a Compass II in 223 and really like it. The triggers is 2.75lbs. It looks like it may have some adjustment on the front of the trigger as there is a screw covered with something that looks like fingernail polish in the area where normal adjust triggers have adjustability. Have not shot it yet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can't get steak for the price of hamburger. Not that there is anything wrong with hamburger......
IMO, Mauser m18 for the win.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
You can't get steak for the price of hamburger. Not that there is anything wrong with hamburger......
IMO, Mauser m18 for the win.

Certainly as good as any, better than most, based on multiple reviews anyway. Some real bargains on GB. Never saw one in store.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

To each his own, what works for you, I don't need one at any price. Rio7

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have a C1 in 308 and liked it enough to grab two C2s, a 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm RM. I would prefer a non-blade trigger.

Aluminum pillars, free floated and factory threaded, standard ergos, 5R, feeds great, nothing odd or weird. I think they wayyyy kick ass on everything else "cheap" . Uses readily available bases. Accurate enough from what I have seen, easy out of the box ready to go. USA.

I like them wayy fuucking better than the RAR or Axis.

The rebate is $50. Kentucky Gun Company has them at about $300 shipped and easy layaway.

Worth putting a couple away in my opinion.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought my 6.5 CM Compass back in 2017 when they had a $75 rebate. Just bought it to try out the 6.5 CM. My final price was $175 after tax. It took a little work and a $10 spring to fix the trigger pull. Filled the honeycomb forend with jb weld epoxy to bed the barrel and stiffen the forend. It's a shooter. Factory ammo or reloads. Never had a rifle this easy to get tuned up.

Stock isn't my favorite but I can live with it for the price. I always take it to the range with me. Hard not to like a rifle that just drills the target dots. I do mean dots.

God Bless America

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,134
Posts18,502,671
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.