Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cats are natural predators and want out to hunt. It's dangerous out there between cars, coyotes, dogs, and diseases. Inside cats have a considerably longer life expectancy. If you declaw your cat, keep it in. It's defenseless without claws.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJY66
This is third hand but a fella told me the other day about a guy in our area who has a great horned owl nest in a tree in his yard. Says the bird(s) loves them some kitty kats. Says there are bones found at the base of the tree quite often. He loves it because the place is overrun with feral cats. Call it revenge of the birds.

That might explain what happened to snowball, bootsy, charles 1 and 2, sassy, cuddles, and sunshine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
I got rid of the ringworms on real quick by just by just sitting in the sun with shorts on but had go see a skin doc to get rid of the jock itch.

[Linked Image from s3.scoopwhoop.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RJY66
This is third hand but a fella told me the other day about a guy in our area who has a great horned owl nest in a tree in his yard. Says the bird(s) loves them some kitty kats. Says there are bones found at the base of the tree quite often. He loves it because the place is overrun with feral cats. Call it revenge of the birds.

That might explain what happened to snowball, bootsy, charles 1 and 2, sassy, cuddles, and sunshine.

grin

Lost about ten over the last 20 years, usually half-grown right after they learned to get up on the roof and play, we have GH owls.

Lady across the street had three yappy little teacup chihuahuas “stolen” from her yard, I went out about 4am one morning and a big GHO was perched in her tree out front.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
By all means, let it out. Don’t deprive a dog er cat (or Huntsman) of its/(his) happiness.
FIXT....

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Seems like Huntsman22 posted a good black cat photo the other day...

Wish I could find it. grin

ask, and ye shall receive.....
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn Don, take that pic down, it's an endangered Lynx!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

If you love something set it free, if it loves you it will come back .If it don't hunt it down and kill it.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We have a small feral cat that came into our life as a few weeks old kitten. Filthy and full of fleas, hungry and dehydrated, she got a warm bath and food that night and has stayed in the house with the exception of going out on the deck to lay in her favorite sunbeam.

Bailey, has been with us for near 20 years now and still going strong.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No only would I let it out I would put it out. My brother has too many cats on the place. I invite the coyotes to come and snack. My brother saw an owl or hawk swoop down and grab one of his kittens a few years back. I thought it was great but he wasn't laughing.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It seems like there is always a stray cat showing up out at the farm.

If they are young we'll feed them and tame them down. Then it's a trip into the vet to get spayed/neutered.

If it's an old tom I try and shoot it.

Feeding cats.....

EVERY morning I give my two barn cats a couple cans of Friskies. Lay 'em on the defrost and they get a hot breakfast. Spoiled fuuckers....

Around 10 cats on the farm.

Feeding those bastards is halfway expensive!

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.