-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What was the combined cost of the trigger and Mr. Holliger's magic?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by se3388
I have several (5) RRA Match triggers and sent two of them to White Oak Precision for Mr. Holliger to do his magic on, one for my RRA Varmint and the other my Armalite AR10. Might be better triggers but for the money you can't beat RRA triggers even without doing anything to them.

Steve.........

I'm with you on that one. No need to send it to WOA to polish them out though. They are easy enough to work on.. If I were incapable of working on a simple trigger, I'd either give it up or buy a Larue tactical MBT2S...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mag410
So what do you guys do with the terrible, awful, gritty, crunchy, stock triggers you pull out?

Save them. Sometimes people actually use them on cheap builds. Ive given a few triggers away. I save all the parts like grips, charge handles, safeties, etc.

I used one in a 7.62x39 build with a JP spring kit in it. Honestly, I like it quite a bit.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
TAG

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have a sweet shooting AR that had a sloppy stock trigger. I ordered a RRA 2 Stage NM Trigger and had a quality gunsmith install it. Since I plan on shooting CMP and Pres 100 with it, it needs to pull at least 4.5 pounds to be legal. After considerable work, it wouldn’t pull more than 3 pounds 12 ounces. My gunsmith had to order an $11.00 springs kit, and finally found one that pulls right at 5 pounds. I shouldn’t have to spend $40 in gunsmith labor, $11.00 for parts and 52 miles of back and forth mileage to get a trigger that will operate the way it is advertised to work in the first place. Granted, it’s a sweet trigger now but only after a major pain in the butt.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BulletBud
I have a sweet shooting AR that had a sloppy stock trigger. I ordered a RRA 2 Stage NM Trigger and had a quality gunsmith install it. Since I plan on shooting CMP and Pres 100 with it, it needs to pull at least 4.5 pounds to be legal. After considerable work, it wouldn’t pull more than 3 pounds 12 ounces. My gunsmith had to order an $11.00 springs kit, and finally found one that pulls right at 5 pounds. I shouldn’t have to spend $40 in gunsmith labor, $11.00 for parts and 52 miles of back and forth mileage to get a trigger that will operate the way it is advertised to work in the first place. Granted, it’s a sweet trigger now but only after a major pain in the butt.

You are right, you shouldnt have to. You should be able to do that simple chidt yourself.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
bsa: You miss my point. The RRA NM Trigger is advertised as pulling 4.5 pounds and it won’t. Whether I was capable of working on the trigger myself or not is a moot point. The trigger doesn’t perform as advertised. Having shot competively for over 40 years and being a Distinguished Rifleman for 35 years, I know my limitations. I don’t know how to safely adjust the poundage on a Match trigger so I need to depend on the manufacturer to build a quality trigger that performs up to spec. When it doesn’t, I’ll use a trained gunsmith rather than botch the job myself.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Huntz
You can buy a spring kit from Brownells.

Bought a couple of JP Enterprises 3.5 # spring kits for use with the stock trigger doesn't cure all the ills but is less poundage and they use the stock trigger pins fine so you don't have to buy anti walk pins extra. 12.69 a set. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
barm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Update to my original post: I got the Triggertech and it was super easy to install and it has a great feel to it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I bought the ssa-e on sale, its is my fav out of the ruger 452, larue mbt, and a couple other cheaper ones i have.

That being said, it is not 100-125 dollars better than the larue mbt, the mbt is great trigger for the price. I heard great things about the RRs too, but never tried one.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by killerv
I bought the ssa-e on sale, its is my fav out of the ruger 452, larue mbt, and a couple other cheaper ones i have.

That being said, it is not 100-125 dollars better than the larue mbt, the mbt is great trigger for the price. I heard great things about the RRs too, but never tried one.

Rock River was what I had a looong time ago in my White Oak service rifle.

They don't suck, but their not a G

LaRue is, IMO, the best buy. I've got maybe a dozen. I've got a few G triggers, and the LaRue is 90+% the trigger for half the money.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
My favorite that I've tried so far is the three pound Velocity. It's a heck of a nice trigger.

Thinking about trying a 2.5 pound CMC in a future 6mm or 22 Grendel build. I don't like the idea of no tensioning adjustments though. Seems like for the money it costs, you shouldn't have to jam stuff under the trigger to get it stable.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by auk1124
My favorite that I've tried so far is the three pound Velocity. It's a heck of a nice trigger.

Thinking about trying a 2.5 pound CMC in a future 6mm or 22 Grendel build. I don't like the idea of no tensioning adjustments though. Seems like for the money it costs, you shouldn't have to jam stuff under the trigger to get it stable.

Yeah, the Timney and Trigger Tech’s I have do have the tensioning adjustments. I have several of the CMC’s, and while they don’t come with tensioning screws, I haven’t personally noticed any movement due to the lack of them.

The CMC triggers DO come with anti-walk pins. These are $15 if you buy them separately from CMC. They USED to be some pins with c-clips that were easy to lose. The last few I’ve bought have had pins with screws on each end, instead, and come with the needed wrenches to install them.

Joe Bob Outfitters still has them for $139 each.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by auk1124

Yeah, the Timney and Trigger Tech’s I have do have the tensioning adjustments. I have several of the CMC’s, and while they don’t come with tensioning screws, I haven’t personally noticed any movement due to the lack of them.

The CMC triggers DO come with anti-walk pins. These are $15 if you buy them separately from CMC. They USED to be some pins with c-clips that were easy to lose. The last few I’ve bought have had pins with screws on each end, instead, and come with the needed wrenches to install them.

Joe Bob Outfitters still has them for $139 each.

Thanks, I might go that direction.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are most trigger pins now the "small" size?

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
My own experience is somewhat limited but if you put in a drop.in after market trigger, tension screws or not you need the anti walk trigger pins period. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by barm
Update to my original post: I got the Triggertech and it was super easy to install and it has a great feel to it.

Did you get to Shoot your rifle with the new trigger installation yet?

barm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BamBam

No, I have not done so. What little time I have right now I have been spending rabbit hunting before it goes out of season next month. I might be able to squeeze out a few shots to check function. Are you thinking slam fires or pins getting loose?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Single stage go with a Timney 3lb. Two stage go with a Geissele SSA-E. I have both triggers and they are nice.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BamBam

No, I have not done so. What little time I have right now I have been spending rabbit hunting before it goes out of season next month. I might be able to squeeze out a few shots to check function. Are you thinking slam fires or pins getting loose?

No just curious on how you like the trigger, live fire. I do not own a trigger tech but I’ve heard good things about them.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,824 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.