-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gawgia is a Shall Issue state. Atlanta ain't all that hot if you ask me but can be particularly loathsome in the summer. Northern hills and mountains hold their cool late into the year mostly. Better hunting in the Piedmont region of the state than the mountains. Yep, there's bugs that suck blood and other stuff that bites...summer time is best passed on or in the water. Most bothersome to me is the dreaded deerfly. I think they're the reason Sherman went thru there in the fall and winter instead of summer.

Vast spreads of prosperity thru the state but overall not quite as much poverty as Alabama or a few other states in the region. Sometimes you hear about single wides blowing up in the woods...it's a sign of efforts, no matter how misguided, of those trying to better themselves. All in all I've lived in worse places and better. Coming from the NE you'll probably think things like land and housing cheap.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OH YEAH? Take this!

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're moving to Georgia, you'll need to learn Spanish, and have a nice comfortable car, 'cause you'll be spending lots of time in it. I moved to Atlanta (actually Gwinnett County) 21 years ago, and still don't feel like it's home (no family, no sense of community).....to go anywhere you have massive traffic and heat, so I mostly don't go. I personally can't wait to bid it good riddance. (grew up in Arkansas)
Don

Last edited by docdb; 07/17/07.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pistol permits are no problem... which is good because if you work in Atlanta sooner or later you will need one. I moved to Tennessee 7 years ago after growing up in Atlanta ( Clayton County) and working in Downtown for multiple years... There is a lot to offer.... both good and bad.... traffic sucks. the Heat sucks but is really only bad for about 4 months... hunting is good but you will have to learn how to hunt Pine thickets....

Just remember one thing.... DO not ever mutter the words... "this is how we did it in NY" That is a sure way to get something you do not want.... smile

With all of that said I would not move back to Atlanta.... way to big and way to many "issues"

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Adk musta fallen and bumped his melon if he considering leaving this place...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sell your place and move Nord...not Sud.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Dear ADKSTALKER,

I too live in the Hiram area. Moved her from Chicago in 90
yah it gets hot but we have less 100 degree days than Chicago
it's just the those days are 95, 96 , 97 ,98 etc etc

Gun attitude is good here, seems like everyone has one.
Hunting oppertunities are good but deer hunting , you pretty much have to join a club. Public land gets crowded like everywhere else. The area within the I285 perimeter is
to be avoided if you can. The westeren surburbs such as Hiram
Dallas and even Acworth are worth checking out. Rememeber, there is no public transportation to speak of outside Atlanta.
The mountains are great but to CLOSE for me. I don't like
the feeleing of being closed in by the hillside or mountainside. I actually live on a private 40 acre lake
and like it very much. Any question pm me.

"When a man ain't got no ideas of his own, he'd ought to be kind of careful who he borrows 'em from." Scipio....from The VIRGINIAN
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 4,158 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,808
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.