Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15446218 11/23/20
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Custom shop is still closed via their web-site, are they going out of business?

Really want another VX-3i 2.5-8x36 but I hate the Duplex Reticle ...

Anyone know of a shop that does Reticle work so I can have the Duplex removed and a BDC type replacement installed?

Or an alternative scope ...

Thanks

Last edited by SpritWalker; 11/23/20.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I can tell you of one that you damn sure don't want working on your scope. PM sent.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
thanks

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Got the message

Thank you

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Welcome. There's no room for half a$$ work or service. Good luck finding what you need.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SpritWalker
Custom shop is still closed via their web-site, are they going out of business?

Really want another VX-3i 2.5-8x36 but I hate the Duplex Reticle ...

It's now been a year since Leupold closed the custom shop for "reorganization". Lord help them if they ever have to start from scratch.......

I want a B&C reticle on a couple scopes too. About ready to sell the scopes and move on.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I called them last week................ 'you are caller number 56'............ yep that's right #56....

sent them an email about adjusting parallax in a scope, said basically not right now, check back later, or keep checking the website!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Muffin
I called them last week................ 'you are caller number 56'............ yep that's right #56....

sent them an email about adjusting parallax in a scope, said basically not right now, check back later, or keep checking the website!

lol.....I talked to them a few weeks ago. Stubbornly hung in the que. Finally got a human being on the phone. They have no date for the custom shop to reopen.......geeeeez......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thank you everyone for the replies...

Time to move on to another company...

Loved the VX-3I 2.5-8 X 36 with the B&C , who ever is in charged of that outfit must be a non-hunting Libtard - just a guess - they have ruin a great company with the cost saving measures...

But what do you expect from that state...

I own 6 Leupold's The last one was ordered from the custom shop for my precision competition .308 build which is having issues with the parallax but hanging on a phone all day is not in my DNA..

I will just spend my cash with a different company...

Unless they move SOON!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What company has anything comparable to the custom shop?

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thankless sons ah btches. Leopold is one of the finest American companies in the optics industry. Economy is in the dumps, Americans are dying from covid by the hundreds of thousands, y'all are worried about ah fkn ballistic reticule for your itty bitty gopher bullets?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Thankless sons ah btches. Leopold is one of the finest American companies in the optics industry. Economy is in the dumps, Americans are dying from covid by the hundreds of thousands, y'all are worried about ah fkn ballistic reticule for your itty bitty gopher bullets?

Take it easy on the corona kool aid throttle it back.. don’t worry we will watch your nat geo show, so you still can get some scratch from
them... Ok I’m lying we stopped watching after that girl started crying on the helicopter ride..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
John, no worries bud.

More importantly, that Leupold of yours worked mighty fine on your kodiak bear. Congrats, and way to stick with a good American company....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve been a Leupold fan all my life. Leupold has been synonymous with the American hunter for decades. With that being said, they need to remember who brought them to the party. Their offerings have become way too tactical for the average hunter...and that’s not just my opinion. We’ve heard that from several hundred customers in the past 24 months.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
John, no worries bud.

More importantly, that Leupold of yours worked mighty fine on your kodiak bear. Congrats, and way to stick with a good American company....

majority of my rifles have leupolds on them. Only turret scopes I have are on me and the kids AR’s for rifle matches on ft Richardson. We shoot out to 600yds.. I had one leupold fail this 3-9 was a pre-prefix ie no Letter in the SN. If I remember right was made before 1974, so this scope at the time was 37-38 yrs old, pretty damn impressive.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I’ve been a Leupold fan all my life. Leupold has been synonymous with the American hunter for decades. With that being said, they need to remember who brought them to the party. Their offerings have become way too tactical for the average hunter...and that’s not just my opinion. We’ve heard that from several hundred customers in the past 24 months.

You have a valid point but Leupold is very deeply back ordered.

Being in Oregon has lots of Covid restrictions.

When a company can't make all the stuff on order it's hard to tell them to change the lineup.

I would like to see a few changes to the VX5 line to bring illuminated reticles to a few models but good luck with that as there is simply no manufacturing capacity.

Good thing is they are not likely to go out of business in the next 5 decades.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had a huge poi/tracking issue this year, again!! Haha 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Judman
I had a huge poi/tracking issue this year, again!! Haha 😂😂

The POI allowed you to find a dead animal at the end of the tracks?
grin

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have 30 plus, they give me no trouble.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by hanco
I have 30 plus, they give me no trouble.

That's a lot of rifles. I'd have to get a much larger safe. Good on you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.