Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
For people who get seriously ill and are in an ICU intubated on ventilation, “even if it isn’t Covid-19, anyone that goes through that is not going to feel perfectly normal for a considerable period of time,” Fauci said.

“But there’s something else that’s going on with Covid-19,” he continued.

Even in people who haven’t necessarily had serious disease, Fauci said that they are finding anywhere from 20% to maybe 30% of people who have had symptomatic disease “have what’s called a post-Covid syndrome.” The exact percentage isn’t known yet, but a larger cohort study is being done, he said.

“Namely, they no longer have virus in them, they can’t infect anybody, but it takes them anywhere from weeks to months – and maybe even beyond – to feel perfectly normal,” he said.
“They have a constellation of symptoms and signs that seem to be consistent when you talk to different people,” he said. These include extreme fatigue, shortness of breath – even among people who are athletes – temperature control problems, sleep disturbances and sometimes what is described as brain fog, or difficulty focusing or concentrating.

“So, there are these effects that we’re concerned about,” Fauci said

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by benquick
For people who get seriously ill and are in an ICU intubated on ventilation, “even if it isn’t Covid-19, anyone that goes through that is not going to feel perfectly normal for a considerable period of time,” Fauci said.

“But there’s something else that’s going on with Covid-19,” he continued.

Even in people who haven’t necessarily had serious disease, Fauci said that they are finding anywhere from 20% to maybe 30% of people who have had symptomatic disease “have what’s called a post-Covid syndrome.” The exact percentage isn’t known yet, but a larger cohort study is being done, he said.

“Namely, they no longer have virus in them, they can’t infect anybody, but it takes them anywhere from weeks to months – and maybe even beyond – to feel perfectly normal,” he said.
“They have a constellation of symptoms and signs that seem to be consistent when you talk to different people,” he said. These include extreme fatigue, shortness of breath – even among people who are athletes – temperature control problems, sleep disturbances and sometimes what is described as brain fog, or difficulty focusing or concentrating.

“So, there are these effects that we’re concerned about,” Fauci said

Not a huge % different from those who get straight pneumonia.

Thinking I read where the long term effects FS of west nile ran in a higher percentage of victims than COVID.

Montana MOFO
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fauci is a complete and total fk'tard...

Dave

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by RDW

Likely you are correct. If that fk tard was a genius he would think outside the box like the genius Trump is. But instead of him thinking outside the box. He said the virus would not be under control until a vaccine was available. Now a real genius would think outside the box like Trump did, way outside the box and look into drinking from inside a bottle, a bottle of bleach. if he had, this thing would be gone like a miracle last summer like Trump said it would. What a complete and total fk tard Fauci is.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by benquick
Originally Posted by RDW

Likely you are correct. If that fk tard was a genius he would think outside the box like the genius Trump is. But instead of him thinking outside the box. He said the virus would not be under control until a vaccine was available. Now a real genius would think outside the box like Trump did, way outside the box and look into drinking from inside a bottle, a bottle of bleach. if he had, this thing would be gone like a miracle last summer like Trump said it would. What a complete and total fk tard Fauci is.

Yes, having billions of people strap tampons to their face was a smart move. Of course, you think people can choose their gender so hey... probably seemed like a good idea to you.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’m humored by the many comments, we all have an opinion and make assumptions. I talked to my brother last night and he has lived in Texas most of his life after a four year stint in the USAF.
His take is that the state is running out of guns to sell, oil will hit $3-4 per gallon in a year and Biden won’t last a year.
Bottom line is Trump has been creating doubt about elections for 6 years and history will judge him and probably not to people’s liking.
Time to move on, we all aren’t happy about something re: this election.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
ALL of those problems seem to me to be related to old age !!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Another turd floats to the surface.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by abbydog
I’m humored by the many comments, we all have an opinion and make assumptions. I talked to my brother last night and he has lived in Texas most of his life after a four year stint in the USAF.
His take is that the state is running out of guns to sell, oil will hit $3-4 per gallon in a year and Biden won’t last a year.
Bottom line is Trump has been creating doubt about elections for 6 years and history will judge him and probably not to people’s liking.
Time to move on, we all aren’t happy about something re: this election.

Yep. If you're getting raped, it's better to thrust back a bit and enjoy it. Corruption gets easier to live with. At least we have TV. Jeezus.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Many viruses can have lingering or permanent effects.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta keep the fear going. Like he said, even if you get the vaccine, your still gonna have to wear a mask.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (270cowboy, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,015
Posts18,520,703
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.