Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 19352012
The northern part is cold. Hot Springs area wouldn't be bad at all.

Lived there for 5 yrs., and you are right. Shhhh

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Ya you guys need to be in South Dakota. It’s way warmer than it is here in North Dakota. Some try it here from warmer places but usually don’t make the year. Edk

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
The numbers can’t be trusted, just like votes. I know a nurse that works for Indian Health Services on one of the reservations. The same people are being tested over and over, sometimes on the same day following from one town to the next. Lots of false positives, almost every test comes back positive, even the few they slip in that never were used. Every day life is about 95% normal for most folks even though the mask frenzy is kicking in now.

Not in my case, I tested negative. Should I believe the test?

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nice winter county in South Dakota.

They do get a mean storm once in a while though.
...and hail the size of baseballs.. eek I've seen 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
The numbers can’t be trusted, just like votes. I know a nurse that works for Indian Health Services on one of the reservations. The same people are being tested over and over, sometimes on the same day following from one town to the next. Lots of false positives, almost every test comes back positive, even the few they slip in that never were used. Every day life is about 95% normal for most folks even though the mask frenzy is kicking in now.

Not in my case, I tested negative. Should I believe the test?

If you aren’t sick why would you doubt it?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"A couple of weeks of twenty below keeps the riff raff out." -- BK's grandma, c. 1985

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BKinSD
"A couple of weeks of twenty below keeps the riff raff out." -- BK's grandma, c. 1985

With that ever present prairie wind. LOL That wind can get to you.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It does get to people, quickly. Unforgiving. Since cell phones arrived, this doesn't happen so much anymore, but annually people would have car trouble or get stuck, and simply perish. Either in their car, or walking to get assistance, and just not make it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Then there are those tribal check points. WTF!

https://covid.sd.gov/tribal-checkpoints.aspx

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I had strong thoughts about moving to the Sturgis, Rapid City area once upon a time. With all the shooting related manufacturers in the area I could've surely found interesting employment. The hunting, long range shooting opportunities. Prairie Dogs. Some of the most scenic motorcycle riding you could ask for.

Then I saw a snow plow as big as my house. My relocation thoughts vanished in a milli-second.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From my standpoint, I think people are relying on masks when keeping their distance is more appropriate but then again, we can keep our distance here, and I like it that way. There's some people around with Covid, to be sure, some are getting hit harder than others, and I hate to be so fatalistic about it but that's how a virus works. Can't put it back in the bottle, no matter how hard you might try. Took decades to get arms around small pox and polio, we still haven't cured the common cold, and Coronavirus is something we have to learn to live with.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
I had strong thoughts about moving to the Sturgis, Rapid City area once upon a time. With all the shooting related manufacturers in the area I could've surely found interesting employment. The hunting, long range shooting opportunities. Prairie Dogs. Some of the most scenic motorcycle riding you could ask for.

Then I saw a snow plow as big as my house. My relocation thoughts vanished in a milli-second.

This. SO MUCH THIS. All of you should think that way about such a move. Stay where you are. Shelter in place. Fix your own state's problems.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OldHat
Then there are those tribal check points. WTF!

https://covid.sd.gov/tribal-checkpoints.aspx

Tribal checkpoints...yeesh. So obviously ineffective. I saw one in Montana earlier this month staffed by at least a dozen people, standing around with no traffic to speak of. A full employment measure, rather than a public health measure.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If it does not stop it all, it is a failure.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Plus, what standards for masks? Type, single/multiple use, washings? Covers face, mouth, nose, how much? There are no GD standards applied, zero. Its so obviously a ploy for control.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, no, no
South Dakota is cold and windy in the winter, hot with hail and tornadoes in the summer. Much better places to live!

I like our Governor, I disagree with her less than most politicians...... cool

Arcus Venator
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

What he's saying, is that even the CDC states that mask usage does not seem to have any impact statistically on the rate the disease spreads. On an individual by individual basis, there might be some validity to it, but those instances get lost in the mass of infections by other means.

Second, unless the mask wearer is coughing and sneezing large droplets - then a mask does nothing. Not one dang thing. You see someone coughing and sneezing while out shopping - just stay the heck away from them. Done.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1_deuce, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 1minute, 16penny, 67 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,814
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.