-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Opens with a fairly graphic (by implication, you see the legs drop)systematic mass hanging of weeping men, women and children. Not very funny, especially for little kids.

Depp, as Captain Jack Sparrow, if offscreen for half the movie, and given little opportunity for snappy dialogue when he is. The surreal "Hell" sequence he is rescued from is all at once boring, unattractive and worse; not at all funny.

Keith Richards cameo as Sparrow's dad is wasted, played grim and straight instead of the high comedy it could have been.

Save yer money.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aye, matey, me crew was sore disappointed at this one. All that you said an' more - seems they spent all their treasure on special effects and forgot about the screenplay, as happens far too oft'n with these Hollywood 'lubbers.

I should'a asked fer me doubloon back, arrrrrrrrr!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P.S. You did wait until the very, very end of the credits where they have that really hot nude scene with Keira Knightley, didn't you?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
P.S. You did wait until the very, very end of the credits where they have that really hot nude scene with Keira Knightley, didn't you?

No, but I'll bet yer kids found it educational grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

But if they did that wouldn't that make the movie unmarketable to children?

After all it would then be rated Arrrrrrrrrgh laugh

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, geez, you guys are too literal. There actually is a short "surprise" scene waiting at the very, very end of the credits, and it does involve Keira Knightley, but unfortunately did not involve nudity. That's okay, with the story done so poorly I spent half the movie mentally undressing her anyway... wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a shame this one didn't stack up. I kinda enjoyed the other two.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I thought it was good. It's hard to beat the original. I thought it was better than the second one.

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw Privates of the Carribean on Spectravision the other day....

Was not a let down.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's neat, I saw that same picture.

It started slow, but then got interesting, then really interesting, then suddenly I lost interest.

But then about 10 minutes later, it started to get interesting, then really interesting, then really, really interesting, then suddenly I lost interest.

But then in about another 10-15 minutes it started to get interesting, then really interesting, then so damn interesting I couldn't hardly stand it, then suddenly I lost interest.

Went on like that for the rest of the movie...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had to watch it all so I could see how it ended. That girl with the eye patch was given the choice to "swab the deck" or "walk the plank." Oddly enough, she chose to do both.....at the same time.

Color me impressed.

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I liked it. The whole pergatory stuff confuseed me at first but I liked it. Ohhh Kiera...ohhh boy....

While it's not a guarantee Depp did say he'd do another if the plot was deserving and it ended in a way to have it be continuable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BLK HAWK 73-"While it's not a guarantee Depp did say he'd do another if the plot was deserving and it ended in a way to have it be continuable."

I imagine that what he really meant was if the studio will pay him about $10,000,000 over what he got for this last one, he'll do it. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,233
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.