Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

You just cant help yourself can you?

Open suckhole, insert cleat...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by CRS
No, no, no
South Dakota is cold and windy in the winter, hot with hail and tornadoes in the summer. Much better places to live!

I like our Governor, I disagree with her less than most politicians...... cool

And no freakin trees! Who in their right mind would want to live where the trees look like scruffy bushes!

I like her too.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTM45
If it does not stop it all, it is a failure.

No it is not. There are several other factors at play. The rule of the odds says that the more pathogen that is deposited into the environment, the more likely likely you are to encounter it. Then, recent research is showing that the viral load has much to do with the severity of the illness. Add a face covering to the would be recipient, and a more of the pathogen can be trapped before making it into their body.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

Okay Rachel.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct in the practical sense.

The mask that I see most people wearing, the ear loop mask that’s white on one side and blue on the other. My employer buys them by the case and mandates there use to gain entry into the building despite the box they come in saying “Warning this is an ear loop mask it is not a respirator. And It Will Not Provide Any Protection Against COVID-19 Or Any Other Virus.”

The mask say right on the box that they ship in that they do not protect against Covid or any other virus. Even if you were to believe that the mask could filter out the virus which it can’t it would still require perfect mask procedures and hygiene to be effective.

People using the same mask for a day or more at a time without washing it, kids with runny noses and mask on, people touching the contaminated, warm, humid, human breath covered mask with bare hands and then touching anything else, people sitting those mask on dashboards, in purses ect. resulting cross contamination of anything else. When you factor all of that in and that the mask can’t stop micro germs to begin with mask are absolutely worthless short of a full on proper biohazard gear and then following the proper procedures

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 11/24/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BKinSD
From my standpoint, I think people are relying on masks when keeping their distance is more appropriate but then again, we can keep our distance here, and I like it that way. There's some people around with Covid, to be sure, some are getting hit harder than others, and I hate to be so fatalistic about it but that's how a virus works. Can't put it back in the bottle, no matter how hard you might try. Took decades to get arms around small pox and polio, we still haven't cured the common cold, and Coronavirus is something we have to learn to live with.

Masks or Face coverings are held up by some as being a panacea. They are not. They are a tool in what should be a cocktail of protective measures.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88

Okay Rachel.

That's the kind of substantive response I'd expect from most here. Just think of all of the mental gymnastics you'd have to do to explain this away! https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/9368...nors-and-very-different-covid-19-results

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah....like not wearing a seat belt but making sure your windows are rolled up in case of a rollover.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

You just cant help yourself can you?

Open suckhole, insert cleat...

Another quality response from the brain dead masses!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hey mask man, if me not wearing a mask means I catch a very mild illness (covid 19) then so be it.

It's not Ebola and it's not killing even 1% of the people that have it.

Grow a pair.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hey mask man, if me not wearing a mask means I catch a very mild illness (covid 19) then so be it.

Grow a pair.

He’s been repeatedly told that since George Floyd.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yep

[Linked Image from saraacarter.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

What he's saying, is that even the CDC states that mask usage does not seem to have any impact statistically on the rate the disease spreads. On an individual by individual basis, there might be some validity to it, but those instances get lost in the mass of infections by other means.

Second, unless the mask wearer is coughing and sneezing large droplets - then a mask does nothing. Not one dang thing. You see someone coughing and sneezing while out shopping - just stay the heck away from them. Done.

I typically peel my mask off when I walk outside. Every now and then I leave it on. I have noticed that it gets moist on the inside. Are you telling me that science says that none of that moisture would contain pathogens if I was positive?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Any difference in demographics there Paul?

If you think a see through piece of fabric that is constantly messed with all the time is effective PPE...

.well....turn NPR back on.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kroo88

Grow a pair.

He’s been repeatedly told that since George Floyd.

You know saint floyd had covid....must've been one of those "super spreaders" CNN keeps whining about...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/24/20.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

If you think a see through piece of fabric that is constantly messed with all the time is effective PPE...

Jim, be nice.

Paul has an estrogen issue.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Grow a pair.

You remain severely contextually challenged. I have not rendered a value judgement on what any individual or government representative should do. I am speaking only to the facts. The facts are that face coverings can stop some of the pathogen from leaving a person and entering the environment.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

What demographic explains the stark difference between the two states?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Grow a pair.

You remain severely contextually challenged. I have not rendered a value judgement on what any individual or government representative should do. I am speaking only to the facts. The facts are that face coverings can stop some of the pathogen from leaving a person and entering the environment.

And the wheel-spinnin’ goes on.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here’s the Covid numbers for SD percentage wise, inflated they may be.
Less than 1% of the population has tested positive.
Less than 00.10% of the population has died from it.
Approximately 50% of the deaths have been nursing home residents.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,717
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.