Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by BKinSD
If you don't like it, then don't visit.

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.

Paul is the type that would like to see you arrested for your indiscretions.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.

You are another who is severely contextually challenged. Your binary thinking seems to be the order of the day for the tards around here though. I can acknowledge that protective measures can work with varying degrees of efficacy and believe in personal freedoms at the same time.

Noem is a moron, and I’m one of the ‘tards around here.

We, morons and ‘tards, didn’t fall for the George Floyd or Covid-19 propaganda.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BKinSD
If you don't like it, then don't visit.

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.

Paul is the type that would like to see you arrested for your indiscretions.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.

You are another who is severely contextually challenged. Your binary thinking seems to be the order of the day for the tards around here though. I can acknowledge that protective measures can work with varying degrees of efficacy and believe in personal freedoms at the same time.

Noem is a moron, and I’m one of the ‘tards around here.

We, morons and ‘tards, didn’t fall for the George Floyd or Covid-19 propaganda.

I have to admire your unabashed embracing of your poor reading comprehension skills.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
U guys have at ..I'm going to put Paul's bike helmet on me an the gov and have at it....mask fee zone ..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I understand the failings and usefulness of masks, I'll take the Sweden and SD approach to this everytime and twice on Sunday.

To assert that she doesn't believe protective measures work is false. She herself will wear a mask when she believes it appropriate and has encouraged people to practice safe hygiene and avoid public gatherings. She does however refuse to mandate people not leave home or force people to wear masks. She will not destroy the states economy by shuttering industry.

This is the same bullschit narrative the media hung on Trump.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

so you only catch it a little bit? ok. So as long as you wear a rubber most of the time you're ok. what color is the sky in your world? Science doesn't lie, 70% of those who tested positive wore masks all the time. if distancing and masks work why is it still spreading like wildfire everywhere. we've seen what it can and will do and how not lethal it is. time to buck up and live life rather than live in fear. prolonging it only makes it worse and allows for mutations and a drain on resources. it's not rocket surgery.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rooster7
She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Do you own and depend on a business for your livelihood?

Serious question.

I'm going to guess a state or federal employee. All his posts I come away with this thought...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GregW
She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Serious question.

I'm going to guess a state or federal employee. All his posts I come away with this thought...

Retired Coastie. He's been open about it.

Shutting businesses is NOT the fugking answer. Mom and Pop and non-huge global or nationwide conglomerates that couldn't eat the losses are shuttering. It's criminal.

BTW I am not a business owner. If I were I'd be the brokest mofo on this board.

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

so you only catch it a little bit? ok. So as long as you wear a rubber most of the time you're ok. what color is the sky in your world? Science doesn't lie, 70% of those who tested positive wore masks all the time. if distancing and masks work why is it still spreading like wildfire everywhere. we've seen what it can and will do and how not lethal it is. time to buck up and live life rather than live in fear. prolonging it only makes it worse and allows for mutations and a drain on resources. it's not rocket surgery.

https://fee.org/articles/new-danish-study-finds-masks-don-t-protect-wearers-from-covid-infection/ Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Serious question.

State and Federal employees are totally disconnected from economic realty. They are coddled and have no understanding of what it meas to compete.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Serious question.

Shutting businesses is NOT the fugking answer. Mom and Pop and non-huge global or nationwide conglomerates that couldn't eat the losses are shuttering. It's criminal.

Copy. So a retired state or federal employee. Connects a lotta dots...

- Greg

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by tikkanut

yep

[Linked Image from saraacarter.com]

Wow! I heard she hunts too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yes she does!

And believes in personal freedom, and not the nanny state.

Anyone who wouldn't want her as their governor is the moron.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Serious question.

State and Federal employees are totally disconnected from economic realty. They are coddled and have no understanding of what it meas to compete.

One of the side effects, yes....

- Greg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
COVID is pretty effing contagious, and it's really infectious, too. If it ends up in a moist carrier, and hits new moist human fluid, then it's good until it hits antibodies. I think distancing is more important than masking, and it's also critical not to touch your hands to your face, especially your eyes, unless you've sanitized since the last thing you touched. COVID has enough latency that it doesn't die right away on a surface unless it's killed.

Again, it jumped on my Dad with both feet, and we were masked, wiped, distanced, temp-checked. At a gun show where not everyone was masked, and it was a livestock arena so kind of hard to "sanitize" the dirty mats on the floor or get rid of all the dust. So he's dead. I might have been infected at the show, too, because I was right there with him, or he might have infected me a week later when I had to drag him to the hospital (where they missed the diagnosis and sent him home after 8 hrs in the ER), but I had NO symptoms. Further, I had a week of meetings across Montana with a bunch of people and thank goodness, sickened nobody, which indicates that asymptomatic people probably don't spew much virus, although they might harbor some.

So, for more people, COVID is an annoyance at worst. But for those with any of the big five comorbids, I'm sorry, but the odds are you'll be facking sick at best and possibly dead before your time, or certainly dead if it IS your time. We don't have a vaccine, but whatever we can do to keep our precious bodily fluids to ourselves, the better. So, that's what I'm doing anyway although I've already had COVID and am long out of quarantine.
'

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

here's our new Gov.......on the left

at least he's a Republican

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Catholic?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think your avatar has gone to your head!

The real honest question is: Can a cloth mask stop enough of any virus to stop transmission? The answer is No. Not even debatable.

God Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get a laugh out of people who say Yeah But only like .000050900032% are dying. That's your standard? Didnt die so it's ok? You can ignore cancer then, hardly anyone dies from cancer. The average human has cancer 20 times in their lifetime, statistically speaking, people rarely die from cancer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah....like not wearing a seat belt but making sure your windows are rolled up in case of a rollover.

I hold onto the steering wheel really tight.

See? You should be fine.

On a related note, the popular country song “Jesus take the wheel” is properly “Haysuse take the wheel” referring to the Mexican in the front passenger seat.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So Jake; still wanting to move to SD after some of these intelligent type have made their, uhh, points? Not all, some.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Serious question.

Copy. So a retired state or federal employee. Connects a lotta dots...

That doesn't have schidt to do with my understanding of the science behind how COVID is transmitted. You too appear to be conflating two issues that I have clearly separated. I do not support government dictating when business can be open or not. That's government overreach. As someone who wants to minimize exposure to COVID, I would simply choose not to patronize a business that I feel like poses an undue risk of contracting COVID. See, two different issues. I support business and individual rights. I also understand how face coverings and business closures can reduce the risk of transmission. The SD governor is a moron for insisting they don't make any difference.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.