Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#15461880 11/27/20
GRIZZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any opinions on how accurate their listed home values are? I looked up my place here in So Cal this morning and damn near choked on my coffee when in came back 783K. Paid 212 for it back in 1997.
Whatever it's worth will come in handy when the wife and I escape from here in a few years

Coyotes shot no waiting.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And folks say unkind things about them Caliotos lmao

MAGA
GRIZZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
And folks say unkind things about them Caliotos lmao

Awe that's not a useful answer prick GFY. Anyone else?

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GRIZZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not up for sale as of yet. Just started looking into the value and Zillow is where I started.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I bought and sold my home, the purchase and sales price ended up being within $5k of the Zillow estimate which at the time was within about 2%

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it’s not far off when house types are homogeneous.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Zillow is only as accurate as the Realtors that feed information to them. Property values have floated pretty freely recently and quickly flex with the market.

Just for fun I looked up property for sale in my zip code listed by Zillow about 6 weeks ago. They had listed the vacant piece of ground, a 3-Acre lot, that borders our place on the south for sale, complete with glowing listing indicating a stream running alongside the property. Holy smoke, that's MY PLACE they are describing, complete with GPS locator dot a half mile away, just off the Forest Road, which belongs to my family. Calls to the listing realtor (I won't use a capital here) were brushed off, so I got in touch with the local Realtor's Association. A few minutes later I went back to the Zillow site and found that the property description had dropped the fraudulent mention of the stream, but the GPS dot is still on the wrong property.

A local and trusted Realtor is a better source for pricing information An appraisal by a professional should be your guideline. It should be "fresh", like no more than a month before you put your place up for sale. And FWIW, in my opinion, dealing with Zillow is likely to be frustrating.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slow adjusting, but currently pretty close to my appraisal. However in Boise, just pull a number out of your butt and someone will want to pay it.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GRIZZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all I reckon I'll just have to list it and let it ride.. Gruff up yours you sniveling bitch...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??

Last edited by 79S; 11/27/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

If you don't have any friendly, useful advice....

Why do you even open your fat fuggin mouth?

It is a common theme.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 79S
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??

See above.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zillow can as easily be a million miles off base as they can be spot on for various reasons.

Realtor.com can run a tad closer to correct but like Zillow they are often laughably off base. They get their data from property appraisers websites which are all public record.

If you are really that challenged at putting a value on your property search "recent sold" homes in your area, that will bring you back to reality.
Listing prices can be as meaningless as internet based home valuing tools, what's actually sold in the last couple months around you tells all.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 16bore
it’s not far off when house types are homogeneous.

That’s been my experience, albeit limited, my wife stays on top of such things. Some casual friends of ours are high school sweethearts that are currently divorcing (sad but at least they waited until their 4 kids were graduated), which has nothing to do with the story 😂.....they bought a house that we had looked at and seriously considered. It was a little bigger than our current home at 4,400 sq/ft and sits on 5 acres. It was roughly the same vintage as ours although I think that house was 5 or 6 years older than ours which was built in 2007. I don’t think it had a heat pump or A/C like ours but it was a very nice home. The deciding factor for us was all 4 bedrooms were on the ground floor with the master on the main floor and my wife didn’t like the idea of the kid’s bedrooms being downstairs while we were upstairs. If you walk outside of the French doors downstairs you walk out onto the lawn where less than 50 yards away was the creek and the pond. Anyway. The house was sold to our “friends” for $365,000 in 2012. They kept it in good condition and did some little landscaping improvements but nothing major. 2 months ago they listed it at $895,000, a week later they accepted an offer for $855,000. Zillow updated it remarkably fast to reflect, almost in real time, the ’value’. Prior to the listing and sale Zillow estimated it at $595,000 and they were taxed on a assessed value of $469,000. It can be hard to be accurate when rural properties are rarely similar. Getting comps on rural property can be tricky because of the number of variables like barns, outbuildings, etc. not to mention homes which can vary from big lodges, large estate type homes to a single wide stuck in tthe woods on 5 acres.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Thanks all I reckon I'll just have to list it and let it ride.. Gruff up yours you sniveling bitch...

Make sure you brag about how much you made on your house sale in whatever locale gets stuck with your amazing self. You go gurl.

Whitefish is full of CA fa gs, if you land there let me know I'll buy you a coffee.

Edit to add:

Nobody gives a flying fugk how rich you are or what your house is worth. Putting the numbers up, real or not, was virtue signaling. Were you a grown man posting and talking with peers, you'd have asked "hey, do you guys think Zillow is a reasonable estimation of property value?"

True to form however, you've got to show the ladies your clit. I'm sorry if my pointing out your [bleep] is uncomfortable. Maybe you should stay in CA and suck dik.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 11/28/20.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zillow updated it remarkably fast to reflect, almost in real time, the ’value’.

They got that data from a property appraisers site as soon as the sale was recorded.

That's really good info for this thread AcesNeights, on the flip side, I sold two waterfront homes this past Spring, they sat next to each other. Right away the real estate sites skyrocket the value on a non waterfront home I own two blocks away. It's no where near worth what they state they merely ran off the recent sales nearby. The quality and special features of homes isn't taken into consideration with the voodoo math used to value properties on these internet sites.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 79S

I see what you did there... and I like it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
In my area, take redfin, which rates high, and zillow, which rates low and average the two. Zillow said $382k, redfin said $398k, put it on the market at $389k. Sold for $415k in one day.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
A detailed appraisal, by a licensed professional, only costs a few hundred dollars.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.