Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm just now getting cleared to go back to work from my bout with it. Tired and achy for a couple days but not really any worse than my annual cold. The hardest part for me is adjusting to the loss of smell and taste...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by earlybrd
On quarantine now my sister in-law has had a fever for a week every day for 7 days my wife keeps her 6 month old baby 5 days a week she started symptoms last Thursday and baby came home with us to protect it per the doctor baby got sick on day 2 and my 13 yr old son had fever on day 3 wife was sick on day 4 I’m fine and daughter has scratchy throat this [bleep] is no joke

LOL

Grow the fugk up.

Medical advice coming from a drunk, classic.

Calldumb,

If dick inhalation prevents the spread of COVID, you and Tester should A-OK.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by toad
I'm just now getting cleared to go back to work from my bout with it. Tired and achy for a couple days but not really any worse than my annual cold. The hardest part for me is adjusting to the loss of smell and taste...

toad!

Where you been buddy?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Regarding the mask thing, I wear mine in the hospital when I have patient contact, but otherwise I don't. My coworkers are the same and we don't wear a mask in the hospital unless a patient (or our boss) is nearby. I'm somewhat ambivalent about it. I don't live in one of the commie states that makes an issue of it. I think a private business can ask customers to wear it if they want, and I can choose to either go there or not. I have choices. I don't really go out that often, so it's not like I'm having to change behavior. Do they work or not? I really don't care either way.

What I do find puzzling though is the number of people I know that rant about the government and masks, but also ask the government for permission and pay for the ability to exercise an actual constitutional right. To me, a CC permit is far more of a government intrusion than the mask, and I refuse to to get permission to carry, even though I do carry whenever I want. I guess we all draw lines somewhere.

As a hospital worker who sees COVID patients every day, I'm not particularly worried about it for myself and really don't go out of my way to avoid it. I'm not old, overweight, diabetic, with multiple other risk factors, so even if I do get it the chances of it being severe are minimal (although not zero).

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Regarding the mask thing, I wear mine in the hospital when I have patient contact, but otherwise I don't. My coworkers are the same and we don't wear a mask in the hospital unless a patient (or our boss) is nearby. I'm somewhat ambivalent about it. I don't live in one of the commie states that makes an issue of it. I think a private business can ask customers to wear it if they want, and I can choose to either go there or not. I have choices. I don't really go out that often, so it's not like I'm having to change behavior. Do they work or not? I really don't care either way.

What I do find puzzling though is the number of people I know that rant about the government and masks, but also ask the government for permission and pay for the ability to exercise an actual constitutional right. To me, a CC permit is far more of a government intrusion than the mask, and I refuse to to get permission to carry, even though I do carry whenever I want. I guess we all draw lines somewhere.

As a hospital worker who sees COVID patients every day, I'm not particularly worried about it for myself and really don't go out of my way to avoid it. I'm not old, overweight, diabetic, with multiple other risk factors, so even if I do get it the chances of it being severe are minimal (although not zero).

You were sure singing a different tune a few months ago........

Kodiakisland
Campfire Guide

AK..CO..MO..CO..EU..AR..next??...
The H1N1 strain from 09 was bad, sure, but influenza is bad every year. Some years more than others. It's funny how people want to bring it up to prove a point no matter how far off they are.

Lots of clinicians here at the fire. Maybe my memory has failed me, but I don't remember back in 09 running out of ventilators. I don't remember staff worried because so many HCPs were getting and dying from H1N1. I don't remember the ICU being too full to take care of the normal ICU patients we have. I don't remember the military setting up field hospitals in multiple locations here in the US just to take some burden off the hospitals treating H1N1. Heck, I don't even remember the health care systems of most developed countries pushed beyond their means by H1N1. You'd think since I was working in the same hospital I am now I'd remember that, huh?

Now, for those of you who were actually in a hospital back in 09, maybe you can correct my memory if I'm wrong.

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

Kodiakisland
Campfire Guide

The H1N1 strain from 09 was bad, sure, but influenza is bad every year. Some years more than others. It's funny how people want to bring it up to prove a point no matter how far off they are.

Lots of clinicians here at the fire. Maybe my memory has failed me, but I don't remember back in 09 running out of ventilators. I don't remember staff worried because so many HCPs were getting and dying from H1N1. I don't remember the ICU being too full to take care of the normal ICU patients we have. I don't remember the military setting up field hospitals in multiple locations here in the US just to take some burden off the hospitals treating H1N1. Heck, I don't even remember the health care systems of most developed countries pushed beyond their means by H1N1. You'd think since I was working in the same hospital I am now I'd remember that, huh?

Now, for those of you who were actually in a hospital back in 09, maybe you can correct my memory if I'm wrong.

Weren't we all? What we thought it was in April-May turned out to not be such the case. The hospital workers that were more susceptible to it have gotten it and either died or gotten better. The rest of us seem to be like everyone else and not so much an issue. Time and perspective are something. My hospital currently has more COVID patients in it now than then, so it's not like it's gotten better for those dying of it, we just understand it a little better now. It's still a big deal for those that do die of it, is it not?
But as I said before, I still don't recall any healthcare worker I knew at any place I've worked getting influenza from a patient and dying, and that's not the case for COVID. That hasn't changed. The military did set up field hospitals, right? Don't think that was at my insistence. People were [bleep] the bed over ventilators, right? Again, wasn't at my insistence. We currently have more vented patients than normal, so that seems to still be going on too. Just less hype.
But hey, maybe it is all made up and not real as some say...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Weren't we all?

No.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Kodiakisland
Campfire Guide

Weren't we all? What we thought it was in April-May turned out to not be such the case. The hospital workers that were more susceptible to it have gotten it and either died or gotten better. The rest of us seem to be like everyone else and not so much an issue. Time and perspective are something. My hospital currently has more COVID patients in it now than then, so it's not like it's gotten better for those dying of it, we just understand it a little better now. It's still a big deal for those that do die of it, is it not?

I sure in the hell wasn’t singing a different tune.. mine been the same since day 1.
2 weeks is all we need. 2 week shutdown, we do that we flat line this and we can go back to a normal life... Oh hey wait that 2 weeks disregard we need it to be 2 more weeks... oh hey that 4 weeks was t enough we need 6 week shutdown.

Last edited by 79S; 11/29/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Kodiakisland
Campfire Guide

2 weeks is all we need. 2 week shutdown, we do that we flat line this and we can go back to a normal life... Oh hey wait that 2 weeks disregard we need it to be 2 more weeks... oh hey that 4 weeks was t enough we need 6 week shutdown.

What's that got to do with what you quoted? Shutdowns are stupid, unless you like welfare.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

toad!

Where you been buddy?

A divorce, a move to the country, and unplug for a while to keep from getting sucked into all of the politics.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

toad!

Where you been buddy?

A divorce, a move to the country, and unplug for a while to keep from getting sucked into all of the politics.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

toad!

Where you been buddy?

Well welcome back and congrats on the divorce!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Weren't we all?

No.

No.....

I argued for hours with Kodiakisland..... now he sounds like me back then..... hmmmmmm

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Weren't we all?

No.

No.....

I argued for hours with Kodiakisland..... now he sounds like me back then..... hmmmmmm

Odd, wouldn't call 4 or 5 posts arguing for hours, but OK. Anyway, All I did whenever we discussed this back in March and April was tell you what was going on at the hospital I worked at and with the coworkers I know. That hasn't changed. And mostly the context was the difference in H1N1 vs. COVID at the operational level.

I've never been an alarmist over COVID, but also haven't denied it's existence. Patient's in hospitals aren't lying. I haven't ever said everyone should wear a mask or stay home. I don't know what gives you the impression I care enough about others to go out of my way to ensure their safety.

Maybe it was one of those heated arguments I have with the wife I never knew I was in.
Thanks Kodiak for the info, always good to hear first hand accounts

Then, six months later...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Well welcome back and congrats on the divorce!

Thanks, bro!

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Sis in-law is fever free today wife’s uncle went to er for fluids my boy is good to go

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Prayers for my wife family but hit panic mode when my my son hit the fever

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had my run in with this crap back in Feb.

Got a sore throat,mild temp and was some kind of tired.

Lasted 2 days.

Had hernia surgery in May and never looked back.

I am 65 years young.

Last edited by plainsman456; 11/29/20.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Neighbor it’s on week four and is home with double pneumonia. I spoke to him today and it’s kicking his ass. Goes from the bedroom to bathroom and he’s out of breath. At 63 he is feeling it. He is the custodian at a local PD/FD and some did not wear a mask. The deputy chief, a friend and his wife and daughter got it. At home recuperating.
Affects everyone differently.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 44 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,193
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.