Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
What is best to clean and keep mold out of the toilet tank ? My Daughter has it and I am tasked to clean it up...will bleach harm the seals in the tank.. and will it keep the tank clean in the future..I need to know now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bleach won't hurt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put those Clorox bowl fresheners in the tank when you’re done and it likely won’t be a problem again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hubert
I am tasked to clean it up...

What did you do to get put on toilet detail?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
bleach wont hurt your seals

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Put those Clorox bowl fresheners in the tank when you’re done and it likely won’t be a problem again.

Yep

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jimmyp
,yea but it will destroy all the PVC plastic that the valves are made of.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879

The one flapper below the waterline.....60 second fix.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't do it. I've had to change the tank bolt seals several times. My first wife loved the tablet things, I finally told her if she kept using them she could fix the toilets next time. And they are not a minute fix.

Originally Posted by high_country_
Originally Posted by MM879

The one flapper below the waterline.....60 second fix.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Septic tanks do not work well with chlorine or Lysol in them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My crapper tanks all have lids on the back so I don’t have to see or wonder about something that doesn’t matter.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Turns the flapper to softened mush after awhile. Only used them a few times but a year later had to put a new flapper on. With the new setups being throw away it’s not as bad as swapping pins or whatever if the refill float setup breaks but they def don’t seem to last as long and the newer dull red rubbery materials for the flap and gaskets isn’t nearly as robust as the older black ones IMO. Of course some of you have toilets older than I am so my experience is limited to the last 20 years or so.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Some houses the moldy growth gets in the bowl. That could be why they want to remove it from the tank. My new place has a well and a few places back did too. They seem more prone to it and I suspect a UV light to kill that type of stuff might be the best way to deal with it but I’ve no idea.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Might look into pool products.

The one i am thinking about is just a strong soap that keeps it from growing in pools.

It is not a chlorine product.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
My crapper tanks all have lids on the back so I don’t have to see or wonder about something that doesn’t matter.

No kidding.

Who the fugg needs to clean the tank? See through tank or something?

Fugging city people....

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You do not want to ignore the simplest part in your pluming system. I know of a person that had a toilet flapper valve go bad from bleach use and it caused $53,000.00 in damage to the house from flooding. The home was on a septic field that was slow from tree root growth. The flapper failed while the owner was away on vacation and the toilet ran and filled the septic field and flooded the house and basement.

The takeaway is getting a new modern toilet without the flapper or replace your flappers yearly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That’s in my lease agreement, 2 times I year I change the flapper thingamabob on the john. Gets me into the house for a once over.

I had a neighbor to one of my rentals call me one day, “your groid’s shît is flowing into my backyard and my poopsie poo peekapoo’s feetsies have it on them”

I hate people with phaggot dogs

Anyway, on that it wasnt so much the flapper, it was groidette washing her groidette sista gurl clothes and half of de hood’s fubu duds. Overwhelming my septic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
That’s in my lease agreement, 2 times I year I change the flapper thingamabob on the john. Gets me into the house for a once over.

I had a neighbor to one of my rentals call me one day, “your groid’s shît is flowing into my backyard and my poopsie poo peekapoo’s feetsies have it on them”

I hate people with phaggot dogs

Anyway, on that it wasnt so much the flapper, it was groidette washing her groidette sista gurl clothes and half of de hood’s fubu duds. Overwhelming my septic.

The place I lost during the dark times with evil #2 had three septic tanks, 2 for the house and one for the shop.
One tank at the house only got the clothes washer and kitchen drains. The county permitted that instead of a huge mound system with pumps and chit grinders.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Whatever you decide on cleaning methods, here’s something to consider for long term tank cleaning. My wife read somewhere about placing a tube of toothpaste into the tank, after cutting both corners off of the end of tube. Think of it as a “time release” tank cleaner/ freshener......that will not harm the septic system. We are on a water well and have 20 years worth of staining in the tanks. The tanks are slowly getting a “brighter” smile! grin She didn’t even use the high powered “whitening” type! grin memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.