-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It seems like every guy I talk with has one or has plans to buy one soon. It’s the miracle cartridge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
Don't hate the Creed, hate the idiots..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If you are ever bored, go to the gun counter at Academy, ask to see one and ask the clerk to tell you about it. Or just stay at home and slam your dick in the sliding glass door. It'll be less painful.

Dude, don't ever ask the employees about anything at Academy. If you really need to handle a firearm there, pretend to be deaf/mute and just point or gesture.

Now with even more aplomb
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
No,I found the picture somewhere. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
However I have an 8 twist 22 barrel in the four jaw as we speak and a 22 Creedmoor reamer on the desk....It's much more better... grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okie
However I have an 8 twist 22 barrel in the four jaw as we speak and a 22 Creedmoor reamer on the desk....It's much more better... grin

That will surely obliterate the 22-250 in every performance metric!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've heard of them but have never seen one. Seems there are similar segments of the shooting world enamored with AR's and AK's etc. I don't get it. Well, I get part of it, but wore myself out loading mags for a -16 years ago and have no interest in going back. And I recall all those midgets that tried to shoot me with AK's, SKS's and RPD's w/o success. Quite the contrary actually. That said, I'm a good citizen and try to help the unwashed get their AR's on paper at the 50 yard line. It's shocking how many buy them and ain't got a clue. BTW, the Creed is retarded when compared to the B-29, as is every other cartridge. When are they going to chamber an AR for the Creed?

So I sit back and read the praises from those enamored with the Creed, all the while having O'Conner/.270 flashbacks and recalling that his lady shot a 7x57. What a gal! Was he worthy? The Shadow knows.

Me, I'm good with a 20 ga, a .30-30 and a few others. The K-Hornet is about as fancy as I get but now and then I feel compelled to invent my own. It works.

Polite Dan

[Linked Image from cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That thread is f'ing hilarious! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There's a Sako Forester in the safe that's feeling alone and depressed.... frown

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

\

Well, did you buy it or just caress it?

IC B3

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Last time some dude was promoting a Schwinn 10 speed I punched him in the googler. One thing that's sure to ruin a snowflake's day is praising a rifle cartridge that's for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6.5 is the 7mm of 30-40 yrs ago. Everybody had to have one.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Darn. Just as I was getting interested in a 223AI

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Oldman3

You're right again. I heard everyone talking about the 7mm, bought a 7mm-08. Now I have three of them. Just love the that caliber as a deer rifle. Had to try the 6.5 CM, on my second one now. I may be gullible, I don't know. But I sure like both of those rounds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by Oldman3

You're right again. I heard everyone talking about the 7mm, bought a 7mm-08. Now I have three of them. Just love the that caliber as a deer rifle. Had to try the 6.5 CM, one my second one now. I may be gullible, I don't know. But I sure like both of those rounds.

That's because they are the two "best" short-action deer cartridges on the market today. They are in the sweet spot for recoil vs performance. I like my .308 rifles too, but that round is shaded just a bit by the BC advantages of the 6.5mm and 7mm offerings, along with the slightly lighter tap on the shooter's shoulder.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Well hell, you sold it short. You failed to extol it virtues as a cartridge that will enable rank novices to bang out sub 1/4 MOA 10 shot groups at 800 yards. When handloaded to its fullest potential it leaves a 6.5x55 handloaded to its fullest potential far behind and is much more accurate. Not only that, but with 139 grain Scenars it'll break both shoulders on a musk-ox leaving a volleyball sized exit hole. The list goes on. I haven't even touched on its tactical attributes.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I love the my Creedmoor! laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Creedtards....
Hhahaha!!!!

Long live the Ot6!!!
All hail the 8x57!!!
Grovel before the grandness of the 30-30!!!

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 12/16/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have one. The man at the rifle store would not sell me one, he said I was small and dirty and there was something wrong with my face. He said if I get better, maybe then.

Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,571
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.