Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Justice Sonia Sotomayor Uses Legal Term ‘Illegal Alien’ in SCOTUS Hearing

United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) Justice Sonia Sotomayor repeatedly used the legal term “illegal alien” to describe foreign nationals unlawfully residing in the U.S. during hearings, despite repeated claims by liberals that the term is racist and xenophobic.

On Tuesday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Trump v. New York where President Donald Trump is seeking to exclude illegal aliens from congressional apportionment counts that decide how many lawmakers represent each state in Congress.

In multiple instances, Justice Sotomayor — the court’s most liberal justice — used the legal term “illegal alien” to describe foreign nationals residing unlawfully in the U.S. The term was codified into federal statute in 1986 by the Immigration Reform and Control Act and the term “alien” regularly refers to noncitizens or non-U.S. nationals in federal law.

Left-wing activists and elected Democrats have sought to stop the use of the term, opting instead for terms such as “undocumented immigrants,” “undocumented people,” and “undocumented workers.”

The term “undocumented” to describe illegal aliens, though, incorrectly assumes that all illegal aliens are undetected by the federal government. On the contrary, there are a number of categories of illegal aliens who have been documented as entering the U.S. and not leaving, such as visa overstays or recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Today, there are an estimated 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. Until Trump’s order to halt the counting of illegal aliens in congressional apportionment, illegal aliens have been counted in apportionment counts and likely provided blue states with large illegal populations with more congressional representation than red states with small illegal populations.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mojado in Arizona

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Aaaah... The Wise Latrina speaks!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Sonya Sotomayzor!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Well... that’s what they are

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Faint hope her brain is working. Do the vacationers from France and Japan get counted? The apportionmrnt is supposed to represent citizens, not refugees

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's OK.
It's like little wayne saying "n!!!!ggr".

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
About 7-8 years ago before I retired I was driving to work one day and notice two Ford F-250 pickup trucks at a stoplight... the first pickup truck was newer and driven by a white man alone in his truck. My guess he was in his late thirties or early forties and was a general contractor from the ladder rack and tool boxes on his truck.

Behind him was a much older Ford F-250. There were seven or eight Hispanic guys packed into the truck. Maybe a dozen ladders on the roof rack and a truck bed was packed to the gills with miscellaneous Construction equipment and materials.

The white guy was heading out to do a job I assume. Whether he was a roof inspector or going to service an HVAC unit... I do not know. Regardless, he was headed out for the day to accomplish x amount of work. And receive x amount of pay.

The seven or eight Hispanic guys we're also headed out to work. Obviously seven or eight people will accomplish more work than one guy. Whether these guys were legal or not legal. Whether these guys were being paid cash under the table or were paying properr taxes. I do not know. I do suspect they had a bunch of wives and sisters and a whole bunch of kids all packed into a big house somewhere living extremely efficiently.

Regardless, truck number 2 will always survive and thrive.

Truck number 2 are the cockroaches of the world... and by that I don't necessarily mean offense to the Hispanic guys riding in truck number 2. The Cockroach will always survive. It is what cockroaches do. Cockroaches and third world people are willing to live on anyting and there really is no standard that is beneath them... be it pay, filthy work or whatever third world standards they know as typical and normal.

I thought to myself that I was just like the guy in truck number one and I wished the guy well as I drove away.

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/02/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
About 7-8 years ago before I retired I was driving to work one day and notice two Ford F-250 pickup trucks at a stoplight... the first pickup truck was newer and driven by a white man alone in his truck. My guess he was in his late thirties or early forties and was a general contractor from the ladder rack and tool boxes on his truck.

Behind him was a much older Ford F-250. There were seven or eight Hispanic guys packed into the truck. Maybe a dozen ladders on the roof rack and a truck bed was packed to the gills with miscellaneous Construction equipment and materials.

The white guy was heading out to do a job I assume. Whether he was a roof inspector or going to service an HVAC unit... I do not know. Regardless, he was headed out for the day to accomplish x amount of work. And receive x amount of pay.

The seven or eight Hispanic guys we're also headed out to work. Obviously seven or eight people will accomplish more work than one guy. Whether these guys were legal or not legal. Whether these guys were being paid cash under the table or were paying properr taxes. I do not know. I do suspect they had a bunch of wives and sisters and a whole bunch of kids all packed into a big house somewhere living extremely efficiently.

Truck number 2 are the cockroaches of the world... and by that I don't necessarily mean offense to the Hispanic guys riding in truck number 2. The Cockroach will always survive. It is what cockroaches do. Cockroaches and third world people are willing to live on anyting and there really is no standard that is beneath them... be it pay, filthy work or whatever third world standards they know as typical and normal.

I thought to myself that I was just like the guy in truck number one and I wished the guy well as I drove away.
I would have suspected that truck #2 was the crew for Mr. truck #1.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Hastings

Truck number one went ahead at the light and truck number to turn right. They were not connected.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Hastings

This is so true! I know a lot of contractors who love to pay little and make big profits.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“foreign nationals unlawfully residing In the US”

Can we just call them FN URU’s? That sounds much better. I’m woke.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'll hire Truck #1 if his references check out. He will more likely have insurance and references. He will well aware of your reference for his future jobs. Why do you think reviews on Amazon are such a big deal?

Who will more likely be around when you need another job?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hoe dare she.

smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I see the humor in them calling a Latina racist.

Actually, "illegal immigrant" is proper, and succinct.

My paternal grandparents were immigrants, albeit legal ones. There IS a difference!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 450yukon, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.