Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote

My wife is an immigrant and naturalized citizen. And an argument to end immigration completely.
[/quote]

This^^ is my best laugh of the day so far. Good one!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
am i glad I didn't immigrate to EU , Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Both sets of grandparents immigrated from Italy.

Ditto this for me. Grandparents came over and learned the language, became citizens, sent sons to fight in WW2 (my dad was one), made a good living by working hard.....

and as my Mom still says that

"when my grandparents needed a helping hand they looked no further than the end of their own arm"

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nope. The last of my family to emigrate did so from Ireland in the 1840’s. It was my GGG grandma escaping the famine while 9 months pregnant, she died while giving birth and never made it to Ellis Island.

All my other kin had been here since before the Revolution and a direct ancestor of mine, Matthew Thornton, was a signer of the Declaration of Independence, his is the last signature on it.

My roots as a free man and proud American run deep. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From watching the news I feel like I emigrated without going anywhere...
What happened?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mom's side ..hiked a leg on Plymouth rock....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
From watching the news I feel like I emigrated without going anywhere...
What happened?

lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
on my mom's side, my grandfather was Lipan Apache my grandmother and great grandmother came from Spain when my grandmother was 12, dads side Scott came before the revolutionary war.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
10th Great Grandfather emigrated, moved, relocated to this Continent from England in 1634................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We emigrated from Germany in 1956, when I was 1 YO. I am a naturalized citizen.

My Mom came from a German community in Yugoslavia, and my Dad from a German community in Hungary, near Budapest. After WW2, the Partisans forced my Mom's family out and my Dad's family got 'lucky' and left Hungary shortly before the Russians locked it down, having to leave a 4 acre farm behind, that was in the family for generations.

At the time, in order emigrate to the USA, it was a very long process, taking a year or more. So, one night in October 1956, sitting around the dinner table with all the family, my Dad, age 26, says he is going to move to the USA with, Mom, my 5YO sister, and me, the infant. Since he knew it would take a long time for approval, he felt safe with this comment.

Lo and behold, we got approval in late January 1957, and by early February we were in NYC. Our 'sponsor' dropped us off at a hotel and we never saw him again. After a week in NYC, we headed to Chicago via train, as the parents did not like NYC.

At the train station in Chicago, with no clue where to go and not speaking any English, a German walking past heard their plight and helped us to get to a hotel, and over the next several weeks, helped us get an apartment, among other things.

My Mom's bio-Dad was caught setting snares for rabbits, on the Royalty Lands, and was executed for it.

My Dad's Dad, was conscripted into the German Army in 1944, and sent to the Russian Front. He never came home again as was presumed KIA. Fast forward to 1961/62, or so, and there was a German soldier that had escaped from a Russian POW camp about that time, and made his way to Germany. Long story short, he said my Grandfather was still in the prison and was a cook, and in good shape.

The German community in Chicago tried to get answers, but the Russians said there had been a POW camp there, but they closed it after the war and sent everybody home.

Anyway, God bless the USA!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Both sets of grandparents immigrated from Italy. My parents were both conceived there.
Same thing here

living the good life every day
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Maternal Grandparents both 50% Native American. I don’t know from where and my Grandfather’s Mother had been accepted back into her tribe who wouldn’t give him information about her. He was a good kind gentle man. My Grandmother on the other hand is as much a fireball at 80 as most anyone I’ve met.

Paternal side was French Canadian. My father and grandfather never discussed it much other than telling me it took 5-6 hours of driving to get to their fishing spot, all on one dirt road. Dad had stopped speaking French and from all anyone knew was as American as anyone. Help every soul he met and never a complaint even after he lost his business and drive trucks for my uncle. Even after being eaten up by cancer in his 30’s I never heard a negative comment I can remember.

I’ve worked with thousands of immigrants from many many parts of the world. Most from South America want to be the last one across the border. Others travel back and forth pretty regularly and I don’t get the impression they identify as much as American. Interesting because those are typically Scientist/Researchers so maybe it’s impacted by financial status as well. Seems the reverse of the stereotypes though.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Mine came from Norway in the 1850’s

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I admire and respect anyone who left their home land as an adult and immigrated to the USA. That took balls of steel.
I salute you. Our country is better off with you.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nope. The last of my family to emigrate did so from Ireland in the 1840’s. It was my GGG grandma escaping the famine while 9 months pregnant, she died while giving birth and never made it to Ellis Island.

All my other kin had been here since before the Revolution and a direct ancestor of mine, Matthew Thornton, was a signer of the Declaration of Independence, his is the last signature on it.

My roots as a free man and proud American run deep. 😉

You live in Washington State.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA
My mother and father are both Cherokees, there was a tad bit of Irish blood tainting the gene pool way back but it's since been deluted and doesn't show any longer.

The rest of you puckers are most likely refugees from somewhere.

Care for a drink?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dutch
1987, 22, Netherlands, came for opportunity and SPACE, found the girls irresistible, and learned Texas is a whole 'nother country..... Not particularly happy so many people are now starting to crowd up that precious space, but can hardly blame them.

Are you a Trump supporter?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Nope, Native American here.

Me too.

Tehlequah, Oklahoma.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dunno if I’m an immigrant or not. Spent 2.5 years on a Pacific island when I was a kid, and 2.5 years in Vietnam a few years later. They let me come back to America both times W/O handcuffs.

Dad’s forebears landed on the Atlantic coast near Charleston in the late 1600’s. Mom’s family came a bit later. Lineage is a little confused actually. English, Welsh, German, Dutch, French and a splash of Irish. It’s very confusing.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 01Foreman400, 79S, 9 invisible), 929 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,100
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.