Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Find a ragged out 4WD and do a engine/body swap.

We did it once on a late 70's-early 80's K series Blazer, buddy had a local owned ragged out 4WD, body falling off in chunks, engine burning oil like crazy but frame/transfer/trans were all good.

He found a 2WD forest service K in very good condition and the next thing you know we were tearing them apart.

A couple weeks of working late into the night [and lotsa, lotsa beers] later he had a damn nice K5[?] Blazer

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 2WD Chebby in Carbon county? I would never believe it had I not seen it here.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Easy fix, 4WD front axle [with greasable u-joints], gear to gear NP20? transfer case, little driveshaft build, torch a hole for the 4WD shifter, boot it in nice and have fun, my granny had one of these, 1970 Chev/GMC, blue and white, 427 or 454, cant remember, dont these have dual fuel tanks too? grannys did.

Manual lock in/out hubs and Lockright Lockers front and rear.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
3 MPG?

Four

If yer lucky.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a sweet truck!

I’m sure I don’t have the time, and the skill is suspect as well, but a mid 70’s K20 long bed with a Cummins 12 valve would be uber.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That is a sweet truck!

I’m sure I don’t have the time, and the skill is suspect as well, but a mid 70’s K20 long bed with a Cummins 12 valve would be uber.

Shagnastying that front end for an extra 500lbs engine weight would call long and hard for 4X4 with lockers and a winch. cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
Easy fix, 4WD front axle [with greasable u-joints], gear to gear NP20? transfer case, little driveshaft build, torch a hole for the 4WD shifter, boot it in nice and have fun, my granny had one of these, 1970 Chev/GMC, blue and white, 427 or 454, cant remember, dont these have dual fuel tanks too? grannys did.

Manual lock in/out hubs and Lockright Lockers front and rear.

Lock Right in the front of one of those 4wd would be a bear, limited slip would be better. Detroit in the rear all the way, those are a drop in for the 14 bolt rear as long as its an open carrier. Basically indestructible.

They may have refined the Lock Rights in the last 20 years but I tore up two in a 12 bolt and gave up. Had one in the 44 in the front of my Jeep but that was basically a crawler.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That is a sweet truck!

Shagnastying that front end for an extra 500lbs engine weight would call long and hard for 4X4 with lockers and a winch. cool

Well if it's either a 427 or 454, it need dual gas tanks. It's like getting a ford with a 429 or 460. Pass everything but a gas station.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Salty303
Looks like its been well kept but 2 wd? the guy must have been drunk when he bought it frown

All these 4x4 trucks you see running around these days with big lift and tires never go off road. 2WD would work for 80% or more of truck owners.

Bullshit . . . . .should be a federal crime to even build a 2wd truck. If you don't need 4wd in a truck, then you don't need a truck.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mirage243
Looks like its been well kept but 2 wd? the guy must have been drunk when he bought it frown

All these 4x4 trucks you see running around these days with big lift and tires never go off road. 2WD would work for 80% or more of truck owners.

Bullshit . . . . .should be a federal crime to even build a 2wd truck. If you don't need 4wd in a truck, then you don't need a truck.

If you don’t know how to get around in a 2wd truck you don’t know how to drive. Period. Stick to Subaru’s

MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If you don’t know how to get around in a 2wd truck you don’t know how to drive. Period. Stick to Subaru’s

Ummm Ok . . . . . . . Lol

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

https://www.subaru.com/50th-anniversary-special-editions-creedmoor-hunting-model

Subaru is offering a 50th Anniversary 6.5 Creedmoor model in Realtree camouflage for the LGBTQ&P hunting community... and people from Oregon.

I'll post up pictures here shortly.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

You putting chains on to get to the second hand store and Job Service?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
76 with a 454?

How many gallons to the mile?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing

https://www.subaru.com/50th-anniversary-special-editions-creedmoor-hunting-model

Subaru is offering a 50th Anniversary 6.5 Creedmoor model in Realtree camouflage for the LGBTQ&P hunting community... and people from Oregon.

I'll post up pictures here shortly.

I have an old Subaru I bought off of Schtick, its all camo'ed with OD colored Bondo, Duck Tape and his daughters nail polish from when she was 14..... it certainly is colorful.... old Hippie Ladies are always asking me how much will I take for it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm covered....I gots one of each......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You putting chains on to get to the second hand store and Job Service?

Lol. Actually yes I did. Long time ago now in a galaxy far far away.

In Alabammy though you need 4x4 to get to the Popeyes.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Up in Ritzville Wa. in the late 80's or early 90's there was a company called Winchester Pickups if I remember correctly. They specialized in those square body Chev's and GMC's. They would tear them down to the frame and rebuild them from the ground up and they would put OEM optional components in it. So it you wanted 4.56 gearing in the diff's that is what you got. They would also put the P205 transfer cases in. If you wanted the Dana 60 rearend you could. I helped them with some engine development. They were putting SB 400's in them but would put 350 heads on them and recam them with an RV cam to help with the performance, they also would buy aftermarket TH 400 trans that were built for hauling. They were in business for about 6 or 7 years then the fad wore off for those pickup's and they closed shop. I remember in 81 you could get a one ton 4 WD with the 454 in it. My father and I both got one and they rode like a wagon and got about 4 MPG. We keep them until ford came out with their diesel the next year.

Last edited by BluMtn; 12/04/20.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
76 with a 454?

How many gallons to the mile?

I had that same truck except mine was brown & tan.

When you stepped on the gas pedal you could watch the fuel gauge move. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 907brass, 338Rules, 19 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,049
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.