Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I stopped at Cabelas at Lonetree this AM. They had a cart out in an aisle with ammo. At 9am ( they opened up) ten guys rushed it like old ladies at a Kmart Blue Iight special.Unbelievable.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I am looking for some Ramshot Big Game.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Couple weeks back a former coworker called me and said he only had 9 rds of 06 left and could I help him out? I asked him how he screwed that up and he replied just too busy.

How many deer does he plan to shoot? Is he a really bad shot and it takes half a box for him to get one deer down??

He has 4 tags he used 1 rd to fiinish the mess on a doe his wife made, missed a running coyote with 1 and a miss on a running whitetail buck with 1 come antlerless season he has 6 rds to do 3 does , I am sure he will get them and have 1 or 2 left over. Would you drive 150 away from home with 3 tags and 6 rds of ammo? I wouldn't but maybe you would I just loaned him some just in case. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smallfry

My LGS had Big Game and Hunter. If you get over this way much I could buy it and hold onto it for you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smallfry

Not sure where you are at in Idaho but Simerly's in Wendell had 7 or 8 jugs of Big Game and Hunter a week ago.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was in Tucson just over a week ago, stopped in Sportsmans Warehouse just to look around and see just how bad things are. The only shotgun ammo they had was 10 gauge. Three clerks at the gun counter, folks lined up about 6-8 deep, waiting to get up there. Crazy times we live in.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
First mistake was going to Walmart.

Didn't they deshelve guns and ammo?
Some say you can get it somehow, but it's not on display.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We are getting a lot of ammo coming in and more is heading out. SW is cleared of nearly most of the ammo in about 1.5 hours. ARs are sold in two to three days. Alaska Ammo has some ammo but not like they used to. Same thing, it is sold as quickly as it comes in. Iron and Wood also gets ammo and its quickly gone. Shotgun shells last longer but they are depleted quickly as well. A lot of the ammo is getting stashed as people feel that the dollar is going to tank soon but Ammo is always worth more.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

It's almost like people are stupid or something...

Ya think?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Fuqk Walmart 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Fuqk Walmart 😡

Yeah, if they don't have 20ga 1187s for $250, I ain't going!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Fuqk Walmart 😡

Yeah, if they don't have 20ga 1187s for $250, I ain't going!

Haven’t been back since! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There’s a lot of shotgun ammo and reloading equipment available around here. I went to my local LGS and I was extremely pleased to see them opening cases and pricing boxes. They were NOT scalping as I think they had 10mm FMJ for $28 or $30 a box of 50 and many options of HP self defense in 9mm and 10mm, .40 and .45. .308 and 7.62x39 was 8 or 9 bucks for 20.

I then found a reloading company around the corner from them that I didn’t know was there. They take orders and load to fill them. My buddy just paid $140 for 250rds of 9mm. I bought 500rds of 9mm at Cabelas for $150 but that must’ve been a fluke because they’re out every time I’ve been back since. I’ve always had enough ammunition for all my firearms on hand to take care of my family and children for my lifetime and theirs but during times like this I’ll add to my stores and shore up my deficiencies.

Ammo is available but unless you’re lucky you’ll likely pay through the nose for it.

In an hour or so I’m headed over to Benchmark barrels to pick up a rifle I dropped off yesterday and I’m trying to figure out if I need any of the “oddball” bullets they have.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
All joking aside... is there really a shortage on guns and ammo?

Why in the hell did people not stock up after the last shortage... or the one before that... or the one before that.

It doesn't matter if you stocked up. I guarantee that I'm stocked up more than most here, and did a lot of stocking up when supply was plentiful and prices cheap. That doesn't mean, however, that I don't care about the shortage and current prices, because every round I fire has now to be replaced, unless I bought enough to supply me the rest of my life, which I didn't, and I imagine few if any did. My supply gives me a buffer of maybe a year or two where I could hold off resupplying and yet shoot all I want, but not in every caliber.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.223 Federal American Eagle 55 Grain FMJ plinking ammo in-stock @Reeds Sporting Goods. $15.99 a box, but better than a stick in the eye.

https://www.reedssports.com/ammunition/american-eagle-ae223-amer-eagle-cf-ri-tail-ae223-029465084820

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I realistically could hold off for the rest of my life if I used components and ammo conservatively. But my wife. She goes through 2-3K of 223 and 9mm ammo per year. So I am constantly resupplying her shooting. I could use more 308 Win but otherwise I feel that I am pretty well covered. Most of my father's guns were "pilfered" by my inlaws but I got most of his ammo and reloading supplies. My uncle left his Alaskan Reloading supplies when he left the state. Fotis could tell you that working for near minimum wage at SW might not be for some but our discount on ammo and components might be one of the reasons that we are there.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Didn't they deshelve guns and ammo?
Some say you can get it somehow, but it's not on display.

Was at mine earlier today to get a hunting license and they had firearms and ammo in the display.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
All joking aside... is there really a shortage on guns and ammo?

Yes. The two vendors I work with are literally out of 95% or more of their normal stocks.. YESTERDAY, one had 40 rifles of a certain type that a customer of mine wanted to give to his son for Christmas.. I told him to call me asap... Well, that call didn't come in until this morning - and ALL 40 were gone by then.. Only ONE (repeat ONE) rifle was left and it was an odd duck - something scumload would probably drop a load to have...

There's literally nothing available under a geezer or two... +++

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I stopped at Cabelas at Lonetree this AM. They had a cart out in an aisle with ammo. At 9am ( they opened up) ten guys rushed it like old ladies at a Kmart Blue Iight special.Unbelievable.

Our finest hour.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw

Ya think?

And that includes many who think that it only applies to others.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.