Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Looking for a recommendation on a lighted reticle scope for 300 yard max for the above rifle. Below $400. Thinking 1-4 to 1-6. A simple range fun optic for shooting cheap ammo through.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Burris Four X 1.5-6x42 that Doug at Cameraland has on sale would work like a charm -- unless you are looking for a more compact or perhaps straight-tubed model. But for the $$, that Burris will be hard to beat.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
The Burris Four X 1.5-6x42 that Doug at Cameraland has on sale would work like a charm -- unless you are looking for a more compact or perhaps straight-tubed model. But for the $$, that Burris will be hard to beat.

This...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

Too bad that said scope is a steaming piece of fhuqking schit,that won't hold zero,track or repeat...even on the best 22LR on the fhuqking Planet. Hint.

Though in fairness and if only as per always,you suck a mean ass as you swing from the vine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"Tracking". Hint.

LAUGHING!

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/923/1NlK7W.jpg[/img]

I prolly shoulda' done a Thread on it.

Ooooopsie!

Hint.

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan TRYING to "talk" rifles.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
God's Blessings for you this Christmas Schtick.....

May he bless you, with a reason to quit being an ass whole...all the time...

or should I quote you instead "steaming piece of fhuqking schit"....

Yeah that'll work...

Happy Kwanza Stumpy.. from the rest of the campfire.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RICKMELEAR
Looking for a recommendation on a lighted reticle scope for 300 yard max for the above rifle. Below $400. Thinking 1-4 to 1-6. A simple range fun optic for shooting cheap ammo through.

Consider one of these.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-6x24mm-sfp-scope-w-acss-300blk-7-62x39-reticle

I have one with the 5.56 reticle. I like it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BDC's are Dog Schit. Hint.

SFP sucks too. Hint.

BDC's that don't/can't jive their reticle/turret,Doubly Suck. Hint.

Lineal graduations,that align erectors,are simply without peer. Hint.

Illuminated versions of same,simply frost more cakes and less concession(s). Hint.

Toss 60+ Mil's of erector latitude with the above and dots connect by literal default. Hint.

COAL,is simply COAL. Hint.

Pin the SWFA 1-4x to subtend it's reticle and jive turret(4x on all of my herd),then DOPE is a breeze and intuitive. Hint.

Fortunately for Shefire,Imagination and Pretend are free,so she can "afford" to "contribute",as she wishes to yet again reiterate that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...the poor poor(literally) Clueless Kchunt.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For those who need a good laugh...and who may wonder why Little Stick always seems to blame scopes for his problems. HINT: You might, just might, want to glue a couple 2x4s on top of that stock for proper cheek weld, Little Stick. Laughin'.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The ACSS reticle works well for quick combat accuracy, when using milsurp ammo.

No need for lasers, traj tables, or any of that.

I have them in a few fixed power prism sights, and the one variable SFP.

Where the SFP can extend the range of the reticle is by dialing power down a bit, increasing subtension.

It's not a precision setup, not meant to be. It's fast and functional at combat distances, and for combat accuracy.

For a Ruger American 7.62x39, that will be burning milsurp ammo, it would be my first choice.

Here's my 20" 7.62x39, with the 3X prism and ACSS reticle geared for 7.62x39. It's a fun plinker out to 600.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We all know what the steaming pile is.
Stick (hint)

At some point my hobbies became my life.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This is the 5.56 ACSS. Ranging, trajectory correction, and wind correction are all on the reticle. It's quick and intuitive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MilSurp "advantages" ammo wise? Laughing!

Schit ammo don't get "better",by dialing a schit scope's "power" down. Hint.

Range determination matters a "smidge" and doubly so with schit ammo and it's schit BC's and schit "consistency". Hint.

Schit ammo and schit glass,ain't "advantages". Hint.(grin)

Was shooting 22LR well beyond 600yds,earlier in the day. Hint.

Just saying..............

BoobtitsHeartcheck,

That scope was a piece of fhuqking schit on all platforms and 'Horn rings are beyond "stalwart"(Google it). Hint.

Gunned said glass aboard my Franklin 17WSM initially and to remove ALL furniture doubt,it transitioned "surprisingly" to yet another 1913 spec rail,being based upon a World Class Rimfire(Bartlein barreled Vudoo,double-ounce Shilen S/S fire control, HEAVY MacaMillion A5,40 MOA rail,yada,yada,yada. Hint. Laughing!

Impetus was a Fur Gun and the Franklin is a dirty straight sinister fhuqker in the Accuracy Department,which you "get" to read about...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Ooopsie!

Your quivering lips are a HOOT,you CLUELESS Drooling Kchunt.

Hint............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Where the SFP can extend the range of the reticle is by dialing power down a bit, increasing subtension.

Pardon my ignorance here...but how would decreasing XXXs in a SFP scope increase the reticle's subtension? Are you referring to the size of the target appearing to be smaller while the reticle subtension stays the same?
Furthermore, how would increasing subtension, regardless of whether the scope is SFP or FFP, extend the range of the reticle?

Am I not reading what you posted correctly?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Primary Arms comes to mind first for broad daylight range fun.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Pardon my ignorance here...but how would decreasing XXXs in a SFP scope increase the reticle's subtension? Are you referring to the size of the target appearing to be smaller while the reticle subtension stays the same?
Furthermore, how would increasing subtension, regardless of whether the scope is SFP or FFP, extend the range of the reticle?

Am I not reading what you posted correctly?

As X's go down on SFP,the distance between graduations change and become greater. The size of the target changes,in relation to the reticle,which is why the suck.

Hint......................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
An ass-ton of scopes would work just fine for a bolt 7.62x39. There's practically nothing that wouldn't be ok. Phucqk.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
MontanaMarine-

Thanks for the information and images!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BoobyToesuck,

I find it VERY "surprising" that you shut right the fhuqk up and went to sucking ass,in TRUE Texas Style. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon a lineal scale,SFP(Google as you must) and grossly differing subtension values ala zoomification shift. Hint.

'Course known lineal values grant wind reading,along with distance readings too. Hint.

Centerpoint illumination,prolly don't suck. Hint.

You Fence Hopping Phony Fhuqks are a hoot!

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY,of you doing your best!

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's the all-new, chest-firing rifle setup courtesy of little stick. No need to put the stock to your shoulder. Hint: PARALLAX. Laughin'...but hey, bless his little heart, for he's doing his very best LOL... Heck, I hear it works even better with some colorful tape placed on the scope just before dipping the entire setup into the river next to a strategically-placed trout or salmon...and maybe that explains why his posts have been more than a little fishy. ** LAUGHIN'**

HINT Now go clean the rust off of those rifles...laughin....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BoobyToesuck,

Rest assured,that not all in the World are fraught with your Retardation,crossed-eyes,quivering lips and trembling fingers...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon that which is impossible for your version of "abilities",simply being called Saturday morning here. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Laughing!

Not that I don't enjoy Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards swiping pictures,while reiterating that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. LAUGHING!

Kudos upon being stumped at the bench,like you are everywhere else,but at least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hell...now you can even say that you've "seen" a Vudoo wearing a Bart' barrel and "quantify" same with your pirated pics,in TRUE Texas style. Hint. LAUGHING!

You'll wanna hang on to this too. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Is this where you say you greedily read my EVERY word and swipe every Splendid Pixel,like you've ANY other "move" to "make" and that it was a "secret"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best,because NOTHING is fhuqking funnier than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 46 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.