-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
"If #SCOTUS grants cert in the Pennsylvania election case, I have told the petitioners I will stand ready to present the oral argument.

Because of the importance of the legal issues presented, I have publicly urged the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case brought by Congressman Mike Kelly, congressional candidate Sean Parnell, and state representative candidate Wanda Logan challenging the constitutionality of the presidential election results in Pennsylvania.
Petitioners’ legal team has asked me whether I would be willing to argue the case before the Supreme Court, if the Court grants certiorari. I have agreed, and told them that, if the Court takes the appeal, I will stand ready to present the oral argument.
As I said last week, the bitter division and acrimony we see across the Nation needs resolution. I believe the Supreme Court has a responsibility to the American People to ensure, within its powers, that we are following the law and following the Constitution."

Ted Cruz

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Ted. Even Alan Dershowitz who taught him at Harvard said Cruz is an extraordinary Constitutional scholar.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If Ted is successful he’s the ‘24 front runner for me. Ted should be very motivated too ! If Trump runs in ‘24 because he was cheated now Ted has a 0.0000% chance of getting the nomination in ‘24. I’m pretty sure Ted would sell his soul and first born to be President !

Last edited by Daveinjax; 12/07/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m pretty sure Ted would sell his soul and first born to be President !

Like trump; it won't do him a bit of good without the senate.

Powerless, and the MSM right there to help you look extra stupid.

PS Down with the NRA grin

MOLON LABE

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Think about it...if he has aspirations to higher office (goddam right he does) would he offer to take on a loser in the SC? Him offering to present this case is the best indication of how strong the case is. Cruz on.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
offering to present this case is the best indication of how strong the case is.

So SCOTUS will hear it for sure then?

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If Ted is successful he’s the ‘24 front runner for me. Ted should be very motivated too ! If Trump runs in ‘24 because he was cheated now Ted has a 0.0000% chance of getting the nomination in ‘24. I’m pretty sure Ted would sell his soul and first born to be President !

Hate to say it but Trump will be too fuggin old in 2024. He needs to just go golfing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

If the Bolsheviks manage to steal the election from Trump, they will certainly steal his Senate seat and I think he knows it. He has skin in the game.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
offering to present this case is the best indication of how strong the case is.

So SCOTUS will hear it for sure then?

No, just because it's strong case does not mean it will get a voice in the scotus.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/12/02/cruz-alito-maybe-consider-injunction-request-pa/

“In the current appeal, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court dismissed the claim based on a legal doctrine called ‘laches,’ which essentially means the plaintiffs waited too long to bring the challenge. But, the plaintiffs reasonably argue that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has not applied that doctrine consistently and so they cannot selectively enforce it now.

“Even more persuasively, the plaintiffs point out that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has also held that plaintiffs don’t have standing to challenge an election law until after the election, meaning that the court effectively put them in a Catch-22: before the election, they lacked standing; after the election, they’ve delayed too long. The result of the court’s gamesmanship is that a facially unconstitutional election law can never be judicially challenged.

“Ordinarily, the U.S. Supreme Court would stay out of election disputes, especially concerning state law. But these are not ordinary times.

“As of today, according to Reuters/Ipsos polling, 39 percent of Americans believe that ‘the election was rigged.’ That is not healthy for our democracy. The bitter division and acrimony we see across the nation needs resolution. And I believe the U.S. Supreme Court has a responsibility to the American people to ensure that we are following the law and following the Constitution. Hearing this case-now, on an emergency expedited basis-would be an important step in helping rebuild confidence in the integrity of our democratic system.”

Note well that Cruz doesn’t mention a word about the remedies sought in this case, and for good reason. The Federal Election Act requires electors to be appointed by a method the state originally chose, which in all fifty states is a popular vote. Legislatures can’t change that after that method has been exercised. To do so would put the state at high risk of not having their electors count at all.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Before it’s over with, Wayne will probably need him on retainer to stay out of prison. Corrupt POS. You can’t seem to separate Wayne and the NRA. They aren’t one and the same, though Wayne would like folks to believe they are. Just like our government, the NRA leadership forgot that we the members ARE the NRA, not them. They were just granted the privilege to represent us, and lack of donations should cause them to realize it’s time to step aside and listen to the will of the people

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 219 Wasp, 39 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,865
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.