Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Teal
Getting access to those lakes is hard much less searching them.

Damn - hope this guy is alive and okay. Could VERY easily be but it's a remote/wild area. I've fished a few of those lakes - rough country to get access to.

Need to get the Michigan SxS fleet out there, get searchers into the areas.

Ever heard of helicopters?

I'm sure that area is heavily logged. There are no doubt a matrix of forest service roads.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
UP muzzleloader season is on; had it been during daylight there is a decent chance someone would have seen the chute coming down.
I’ve grouse hunted quite a bit in that area - there is some dense and remote [bleep] in that region.
Hope he is found alive and well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lotta isolated country up there. The red circle is the temporary flight restriction.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a huge chunk of area Pugs.

I drove the length of FFH 13 this summer - takes a couple hours and that's cranking along above the posted... smile

It really is very dense, old woods that has areas of logging but not a lot. Roads are seasonal - only mildly maintained if at all.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he paid attention during SERE School, and doesn't die from exposure, he'll be OK.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
If he paid attention during SERE School, and doesn't die from exposure, he'll be OK.

Assuming he wasn’t injured in the ejection process. My understanding is it can be a fairly violent affair.

It’s curious to me that they don’t have a PLB on their person under their flight suit. One of the first things you learn in level one avalanche classes is that your avalanche beacon needs to be under your external clothing as things get ripped off in a big hurry during an avalanche. I would assume the same could be true for the ejection process, and I would want to have one inside my flight suit I would think - but maybe there is a good reason not to. Perhaps Pugs can weigh in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The weather isn't as bad as it could be. 45 now night low of 30 tonight. It could easily be 20-30 degrees colder most years.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Assuming he wasn’t injured in the ejection process. My understanding is it can be a fairly violent affair.

It’s curious to me that they don’t have a PLB on their person under their flight suit. One of the first things you learn in level one avalanche classes is that your avalanche beacon needs to be under your external clothing as things get ripped off in a big hurry during an avalanche. I would assume the same could be true for the ejection process, and I would want to have one inside my flight suit I would think - but maybe there is a good reason not to. Perhaps Pugs can weigh in.

An ejection, especially at speed, is a highly violent affair. I had a friend who ejected somewhere above 450 kts in an out of control jet, he has no recollection of the event. Two dislocated and broken legs, broken hip, ruptured spleen, broken arm and shoulder and compressed spine. Only because a coast guard helo was on a training mission nearby did he get out of the Pacific before he died. He eventually flew again but it was sometime. The rest of the crew died.

I'm sure he had a survival radio (we had the PRC-112) with a beacon on his body in his vest but I don't know how secure it is in the USAF vest. Ours was in the compartment under the yellow tab on my vest (which was attached to the shroud line cutter). There are incidences of it being ripped off in high speed ejections.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks Pugs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

An ejection, especially at speed, is a highly violent affair. I had a friend who ejected somewhere above 450 kts in an out of control jet, he has no recollection of the event. Two dislocated and broken legs, broken hip, ruptured spleen, broken arm and shoulder and compressed spine. Only because a coast guard helo was on a training mission nearby did he get out of the Pacific before he died. He eventually flew again but it was sometime. The rest of the crew died.

I'm sure he had a survival radio (we had the PRC-112) with a beacon on his body in his vest but I don't know how secure it is in the USAF vest. Ours was in the compartment under the yellow tab on my vest (which was attached to the shroud line cutter). There are incidences of it being ripped off in high speed ejections.

Cool, Pugs!

BTW, what do those missiles painted on the side of your aircraft represent?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TFR reduced from 0/1981
Dec.09, 1500 UTC (10nm/26000)

NOTAM 0/2416 (Dec.09, 2020 at 2050 UTC)
Beginning Date and Time :
December 09, 2020 at 2050 UTC
Ending Date and Time :
December 16, 2020 at 2359 UTC

AA/AD
Center: NAVAID() (Latitude: 46º06'00"N, Longitude: 86º34'14"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 5000 feet MSL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was happy to hear they found the seat, but not happy to hear the ejection was over marshlands. Fingers crossed.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. BTW, what do those missiles painted on the side of your aircraft represent?

AGM-88 HARM missiles we shot in Kosovo hunting SAM sites during Allied Force.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After almost 24 hours and no beeper, no voice, it is beginning to sound not good.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Do you know by damage assessment if you were successful in destroying those SAM sites? Hopefully your kill percentage is 100% but in reality I know it can be variable.

On another note, nice job helping Hatari and Mr. Ernie! 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
After almost 24 hours and no beeper, no voice, it is beginning to sound not good.

Unsubstantiated word on one of the pilot sites was there was no ejection. No idea about the report of the seat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

SA6? 2K12 Kub?

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

hey man. I worked Intel at Aviano during the Kosovo bombing. I'm Air Force but we briefed the Navy and Marine crews there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

SA6? 2K12 Kub?

Collected the whole set but . grin 6's were our primary target - the Hornets and F-16 could handle the easier SA-2 and 3. The 6's were the experienced operators and had been modified and we had a much greater capability than the single seat guys to customize the missile targeting to defeat their countermeasures,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt

hey man. I worked Intel at Aviano during the Kosovo bombing. I'm Air Force but we briefed the Navy and Marine crews there.

Then I'm sure we saw each other during strike planning. That pic was Aviano.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,764 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,137
Posts18,523,243
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.