Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Terminal damage.
Barrier blind capable.

These are what I’m after not long range sub moa accuracy.

I have 55 grain Nosler Ballistic tips to hunt with.
55 and 62 gr TSX if I want to hunt elephants

M193 is good practice ammo and decent SD ammo but I don’t want to have to shoot twice.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
BTW, I sold all my BCA parts. Not sure if you fuggers cost me, or saved me money! LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have used some of their parts with mixed results.
For barrels I have and will continue to use their stainless ones for entry level builds. Haven't had an issue one with them. Also, all have shot around 1 moa for me.

As for their receivers and handrails I was less impressed. Built 2 different hunting rigs using their side charging uppers. They both showed minor pitting under the finish and a general lack of consistancy on plateing. The guns functioned fine for the most part. My biggest complaint about their side chargers is was that the charging bolt would work loose even when using loctite. If you don't catch it quickly she will get launched and lost into the great unknown. Replacement nob and bolt is $20. That combined with the fact that it has to be removed to remove the bcg is a big pain in the a$$. Luckily both of the ones I built were the older dual charge models and I only added the side bolt for hunting. But unless specifically requested, I no longer reccomend them.

Their handrails were also lackluster. Lots of Sharp edges and finish inconsistenties. Won't buy again.

A buddy of mine ordered a complete 556 pistol upper from them. He brought it to me to troubleshoot why it would fire but not eject. Come to find out that it was shipped with a 7.62x39 bolt inside the bcg. Luckily no damage occurred. A call to bca got a new and proper bolt sent out for free. Decent customer service, [bleep] quality control. Something like that should of never happened.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Interesting on the handrails. The three recent ones I had seemed perfect, albeit generic. Slim, good finish, no edges or such. It'd be pretty hard to recommend after hearing about that bolt and all.... LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No. No, no, no, no, no.

Good customer service is having the right bolt in the gun to begin with.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought mine for shooting a round or two at deer once a year. Suits my needs well. after deer season, the Stag Arms 5.56 upper goes back on.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
No. No, no, no, no, no.

It’s no use, they don’t know what they don’t know.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kinda makes you wanna run right out and buy one.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TWR
No. No, no, no, no, no.

It’s no use, they don’t know what they don’t know.
Just like before I was retired, I'd continually have customers ask me about the warranty on a gun they were looking at. I'd tell them that if I was worried about it breaking, I wouldn't buy it. The younger generations seem to be conditioned to things breaking. To them, it's no big deal as long as the company makes it right. I don't get it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No. No, no, no, no, no.

I agree with you 100%. Like I said it should of never happened in the first place. My customer service comment was more directed towards them swapping out the bolt no questions asked and then not wanting the wrong one back. Respone was prompt and every email I sent was returned within a day or less. I went into the ordeal with low expectations but the end result was satisfactory. I will say that I have had much poorer customer service from many other "premium " and generally well recieved companies. To recieve the service I did from a company that caters to the entry level side of a large market was a pleasant surprise.

With all that said. Aside from there barrels(stainless only) on entry level builds. I no longer willingly will use their parts.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
I suppose I should update since I started the thread. I ordered a DS Arms complete upper less BCG which i still have to source. I went with the slick side upper and 18" 416 SS barrel with rifle length gas. I already have a carbine with Blackhole Weaponry SS barrel so i wanted something different. Showing delivery on Monday but it's coming USPS so that is subject to change.

I've heard good things on the BCA barrels but spotty issues on other things. DSA has a good rep on their FAL stuff and the upper was cheap enough I could always resell if it's not what I end up wanting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
... less BCG which i still have to source. ....

I will say a prayer for you.

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by RufusG

Ha! They are out there, just need to commit to buying one. I'd prefer nitride or NiBor. Hoping to find a deal but probably will have to just get what I can.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Quality BCG’s are available and at regular prices.

I just checked on a Micro Best for $130 in stock. Most are looking for $69 rejects and I just don’t understand the mindset.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TWR

Most are looking for $69 rejects and I just don’t understand the mindset.

You realize this is a BCA thread, right?...

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I forgot

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I suppose I should update since I started the thread. I ordered a DS Arms complete upper less BCG which i still have to source. I went with the slick side upper and 18" 416 SS barrel with rifle length gas. I already have a carbine with Blackhole Weaponry SS barrel so i wanted something different. Showing delivery on Monday but it's coming USPS so that is subject to change.

I've heard good things on the BCA barrels but spotty issues on other things. DSA has a good rep on their FAL stuff and the upper was cheap enough I could always resell if it's not what I end up wanting.

DSA is also a supplier of true milspec parts to the U.S. Military, including upper receivers. That said, not everything they sell to the public is true to milspec.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RufusG

Ha! They are out there, just need to commit to buying one. I'd prefer nitride or NiBor. Hoping to find a deal but probably will have to just get what I can.

What's wrong with toolcraft? I see them, with nickel boron coating, for $149.95 with free shipping. I'd be all over that if I were in your shoes... A BCG is not where you want to skimp on. Cheap handguard, yes. Cheap poor quality BCG? Hell no...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toolcraft BCG's are GTG.................just pretty much unobtainium right now for the most part.

PSA gets a few now & then & they last a few hours.

Toolcraft's DLC units are very slick & clean extremely easy, even the bolt stem, ditto for JP's DLC fo' mo' $$$$.

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Toolcraft BCG's are GTG.................just pretty much unobtainium right now for the most part.

PSA gets a few now & then & they last a few hours.

Toolcraft's DLC units are very slick & clean extremely easy, even the bolt stem, ditto for JP's DLC fo' mo' $$$$.

MM

Toolcraft NIB BCG

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.