Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Living in the mountain West and having a place in Alaska I like the rugged beauty of 14,000+ foot peaks and mountains that begin their ascent at the ocean. I’ve been to most states and I can find beauty in all of them but for me and mine the rugged wilderness of the west and the oceans, bays and fjords are where it’s at for us.

However.....if there was, as there needs to be, a secession of the states then we’ll live in the free states and we’ll fight the communists from wherever that might be. My wife and I have been talking about moving if this communist stolen election is allowed to stand. I might get to live in Alaska long before I figured but I’m good with that. 👍.

No place on this earth is as beautiful and majestic, unspoiled and free as the great state of Alaska! Fortunately it’s not for everyone....hell it’s not for most, which is why it’s such an amazing place.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The LBL is a beautiful area. My uncle retired there. Visited there and enjoyed it several times.

Nebraska does have some not so pretty areas but if you get off the beaten path we do have some gorgeous places to enjoy.

And Alaska is one of the most majestic places I have gotten to see.

Last edited by diamondjim; 12/11/20.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I lived there 30 years ago. KY had more litter than I had ever seen combined and I lived in Alabama beforehand. The rivers were like a garbage dump conveyor. In KY I learned that refrigerators will float. I did not know that until I got to KY.

LOL! Alabama!!!!

There's about 60 miles of coastline that's pretty in Alabama. Aside from that, it is the ugliest state I've yet to visit. A lot of good folks down there, but the scenery is chit.

Something tells me that you have never been to Nebraska.

Same thing I told a 20 something guy wearing skinny jeans and a man bun at the diner a week ago. Made a comment about US being over populated. I commented to him obviously you never been to Kansas or Nebraska. Didn't even faze him as he just kept up his rant.
Last week I drove thru Kentucky. I agree its a pretty state.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 12/11/20.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to say that looking out the back at the farm is some of the prettiest views I've had on this Earth:

Genesis 9:2-4 Wallpapers

I'm about 10 miles from the Ohio River and 2 miles from the Licking

The really spectacular stuff, at least in my mind, comes from down near the KY/TN border.

[Linked Image]

That's Devil's Jump on the Big South Fork.

KYHillChick grew up in that county.

Here's another place that I like, Yahoo Falls:

[Linked Image]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nebraska is pretty flat, but I found the Sandhill country to be pretty.

The place I would like to explore back East is along the New River, NC to WV.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Grew up in Crittenden County, Ohio River the Northern Boundary of the county. You still have to take a ferry to cross from Crittenden County to Hardin County IL at Cave In Rock. A portion of "How the West was won" filmed there as well. It is a beautiful area with great deer and turkey hunting. Very low population, worst thing is the job market. Very little there to attract businesses or keep them there. If you are looking for a good place to hunt or retire, not so bad.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Anybody live near the Tug River valley? I've been enamored with that area ever since I watched The Hatfields and McCoys miniseries with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by S1pb
Grew up in Crittenden County, Ohio River the Northern Boundary of the county. You still have to take a ferry to cross from Crittenden County to Hardin County IL at Cave In Rock. A portion of "How the West was won" filmed there as well. It is a beautiful area with great deer and turkey hunting. Very low population, worst thing is the job market. Very little there to attract businesses or keep them there. If you are looking for a good place to hunt or retire, not so bad.

I crossed that ferry one time, and I was literally scared chitless. Ohio was in flood, and trees were floating down the river. I said "never again", and I haven't. I love driving through Crittenden County, and do several times a year. It's got a lot of hills and hollows, and is some of the best hunting in the state.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Iam originaly from West Virginia , I live in central Kentucky , it kinda blaa to me, dont really care for horse farms ,wife is from eastern KY ,I love the hills there ,it reminds me of home

NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have lived in the Eastern part of the state most of my life. Haven’t seen the garbage that someone above speaks of.....however the oil fields around Odessa Tx deserve an honorable mention. Didn’t even feel like I was in the US anymore.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Any cattle in Kentucky?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any cattle in Kentucky?

Certainly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any cattle in Kentucky?

Most certainly. Come on down and see for yourself. Last ranking I saw had us 14th.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I lived there 30 years ago. KY had more litter than I had ever seen combined and I lived in Alabama beforehand. The rivers were like a garbage dump conveyor. In KY I learned that refrigerators will float. I did not know that until I got to KY.

LOL! Alabama!!!!

There's about 60 miles of coastline that's pretty in Alabama. Aside from that, it is the ugliest state I've yet to visit. A lot of good folks down there, but the scenery is chit.

Something tells me that you have never been to Nebraska.

Or northwest Iowa....:)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Any cattle in Kentucky?

Most certainly. Come on down and see for yourself. Last ranking I saw had us 14th.

Unless recently changed, Ky. is the largest beef cattle producer east of the Mississippi.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, BB3, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 670 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,516
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.