Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
The PMII fixed 10 has been discussed here throughout the years, most notably by Pat Sinclair (who no longer posts here much, at least that I've seen)

So after all these years, new scopes, new companies, new tech...the question asks: Is the S&B PMII 10x still a lifetime optic?

Meaning, is it still a buy and use and abuse forever, all around scope?

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't speak to the 10x but I've used the 6x version of it for a few years now and it's my favorite scope. Good glass, reliable adjustments, all-around reticle, rugged, lightweight for the ruggedness. The simplicity of no parallax adjustment, no power adjustment, no illumination...those are some of the reasons I really like it. Those are also some of the reasons others don't like it so weight the pro/con on what's important to you to see if it's a lifetime optic for you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I can't speak to the 10x but I've used the 6x version of it for a few years now and it's my favorite scope. Good glass, reliable adjustments, all-around reticle, rugged, lightweight for the ruggedness. The simplicity of no parallax adjustment, no power adjustment, no illumination...those are some of the reasons I really like it. Those are also some of the reasons others don't like it so weight the pro/con on what's important to you to see if it's a lifetime optic for you.

Kick myself for not getting one of those 6x.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

That's the same with my 6x. I will never part with that scope and wish I had bought two.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one of the 10x - mainly due to Pat aka Scenarshooter and also Scott/ Senderoman who always is kind enough to help me even with my most stupid questions.

I've only hunted with it 2 seasons but so far I really like that scope, I would love to have a couple more but they are hard to come by, you can only buy them now at Europtic and they are almost always out of stock when I check.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one of the 10x - mainly due to Pat aka Scenarshooter and also Scott/ Sendero_man who always is kind enough to help me even with my most stupid questions.

I've only hunted with it 2 seasons but so far I really like that scope, I would love to have a couple more but they are hard to come by, you can only buy them now at Europtic and they are almost always out of stock when I check.

"Team 7MM-08"
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Makes 2 of us, called Doug a day late.

Originally Posted by jdunham

Kick myself for not getting one of those 6x.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
The PMII fixed 10 has been discussed here throughout the years, most notably by Pat Sinclair (who no longer posts here much, at least that I've seen)

So after all these years, new scopes, new companies, new tech...the question asks: Is the S&B PMII 10x still a lifetime optic?

Yes. 😁

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I have one of the 10x - mainly due to Pat aka Scenarshooter and also Scott/ Senderoman who always is kind enough to help me even with my most stupid questions.

I don’t have the scope but you’re right those two have always answered any questions. Good fellas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg

They're great scopes....

Three moving parts, turrets, and diopter.

Top tier glass

You won't find a scope more rugged, or durable.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have them on five different rifles.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice buck, is that a re-barreled L579 ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s a stud of a buck!

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
That’s a stud of a buck!

Get him started.....it's always fun when he's posting pics! grin.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whats the going rate for one thats been well used?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by keystoneben

Nobody knows....once someone uses one they never sell them....grin.....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I haven't sold any fixed power PMII's, but I have sold a number of the variable ones when changing everything over to one reticle design. Scrapes and worn anodizing on the turrets, cosmetic blemishes on the eyepiece housing/scope tube, etc., don't seem to really change the value of a used S&B scope. I found the reticle and turret style effect the price much, much more. Again, this is just an observation I made when selling a half dozen or so over the years...ymmv.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a couple. That was the scope I chose to take on my "hunt of a lifetime" which was Dall Sheep.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by beretzs
That’s a stud of a buck!

Get him started.....it's always fun when he's posting pics! grin.....

Amen to that!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not sure about used but noticed new ones went up over $200 bucks in the last year. They where listed at $1860 early this year now $2099 when you find one!

"Team 7MM-08"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.