-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VG, you seem to have me confused with someone who cares....

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntsman22: I did indeed cornfuse you with someone who cares I will re-address my remarks to Scurvy Dog!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Scurvy dog: Yikes - just did a search on gunbreaker and found a "green insert" boat paddle Model 77/22.

Here is the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/886046414

I hope that gets you to it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Yikes is right. It’s $900 start, or $1100 buy now. And that looks like it was a working rifle. Someday I’ll find one. I understand that the inserts can be changed out, but they just don’t have any without a stock. I got about $1000 in total for all 3 of my 77/22, 77/17 ruger rifles. Bought 1 new and 2 used. I guess those days are long gone.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I guess I’m sitting on gold. I have a few varmints

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Scurvy Dog: Funny story about the Ruger 77/17 HMR I bought new back when they were brand new back in late 2,002.
I was gunshopping at the "old" Axemen" hardware and gunshop in Missoula, Montana and the counterman (manager of that store) was blaspheming the fact that he could NOT sell the Ruger 77/17 HMR's he had because he could NOT get any ammunition for them. This is/was a big store and I was listening along to his diatribe as I was shopping. Finally I asked him how much he would sell me the brand new Ruger 77/17 HMR V/T that I was now holding and he replied just what we paid for it wholesale.
IIRC I paid like $285.00 for that nifty Rifle N.I.B. (it was the shiny stainless steel finish on the action and barrel style - not the murky target gray finish that soon came along).
It wasn't long til I found ammo for that Rifle and it soon shot a .502" group (5 shots at 100 yards!) with a Weaver V-16 scope on it!
I probably won't be selling that Rifle in this lifetime it has just been an exceptionally accurate and exceptionally reliable performer afield for me.
But I do have a few other 77 rimfires that I may just "profit take" with should these high prices continue?
I am just wondering if the centerfire 77/17 Hornet V/T I bought about 18 months ago has appreciated at a rate anywhere near what the rimfires have?
Again good for you buying those Ruger 77 rimfires "right".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
DrDeath: Good for you as well.
Which calibers do you have?
To tell the truth I am following up on a Ruger heavy barrel 77/22 Magnum V/T that a friend of a friend of mine has, but does not use much anymore!
I am going to go check "gunreaker" again to follow-up on some of those prices I saw recently.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I picked a 22 magnum target gray with laminate stock in the box today to go along with my 22 Hornet . $700 for the magnum. There was another one in a pawn shop north of me for $800 with a scope but no box . They can still be found but you have to be patient and diligent in your search. I’ve owned quite a few over the years and really enjoyed them .

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Wango: Thank you for the info on current values and please let me (us) know how your Ruger 77/22 Magnum V/T shoots!
I am with you on the enjoyment factor of all of the various Ruger bolt action rimfires I have owned.
I will be patient - the Browning T-Bolt heavy barrel beautifully wood stocked 22 Magnum I bought about a year and a half ago shoots really well but the flimsy, cheap feeling somewhat savage chincey like eliptical magazine that came with it often times keeps me awake at night.
If I were to come across a Ruger 77/22 Magnum V/T like yours I would trade the Browning off post haste.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I like the T-bolts . Been lucky enough to own some of the original ones and some of the new ones. If I run across anymore of the 77s I’ll let you know. Hopefully I’ll get to and the new CZ 22 magnum out and do some head to head comparison.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wango
I picked a 22 magnum target gray with laminate stock in the box today to go along with my 22 Hornet . $700 for the magnum. There was another one in a pawn shop north of me for $800 with a scope but no box . They can still be found but you have to be patient and diligent in your search. I’ve owned quite a few over the years and really enjoyed them .

Sounds reasonable. Just have to be patient, troll the shops. Seldom buy from auction sites for rarer things because bidding is so ridiculous, especially recently

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i follow the prices on quite a few different guns on GB. the prices have gotten unreal. and this not for overally rare or previously expensive guns. here's one

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887172183

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nope, way out of line price wise on this.

Originally Posted by rem141r
i follow the prices on quite a few different guns on GB. the prices have gotten unreal. and this not for overally rare or previously expensive guns. here's one

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887172183

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Hikerbum: I have to take exception with your "ridiculous" contention!
I buy more guns than 99.9% of ALL Americans - and have done so for more than half a century now (in fact I bought another Varmint Rifle today - 12/19/2,020).
Its easy to say (speculate!) that a price for a firearm is "ridiculous" like you did - but to DO THAT then YOU have to be able to ignore reality!
That gun has been bid to that price, and that IS reality!
I have NEVER bought a firearm from "gunbreaker" and never will but that DOES NOT mean the prices paid there are ridiculous IT DOES MEAN that they are, reality.
In my gun collecting/gun trading/gun buying career I have passed on 100's of firearms I would like to have owned/collected/shot/Hunted with thinking they were priced to "unrealistically" - just to have another gun enthusiast walk up and BUY that firearm at the asked for price!
I MUCH prefer to buy my guns in person, ESPECIALLY Varmint Rifles, like I bought today - so I can use my bore scope and my own eyes to evaluate them.
The Varmint Rifle I bought today I felt was an excellent buy maybe perhaps because it is getting close to Christmas and the seller was "motivated" today - I fully expect to make a $150.00 bill on it come spring - maybe $250.00 depending on what china joe and the ho get up to should they cheat their way into office!
Nope the prices in question here-on are NOT ridiculous - they ARE reality.
You should have saw the "REALISTIC" prices I saw paid for a small stash of "Critical Defense" pistol ammo I witnessed today!
Our new "reality" may NOT be pleasing to some but that in no way makes it less "realistic".
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

I buy more guns than 99.9% of ALL Americans -
VarmintGuy

Proof that 99% of statistics are made up.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by drover

I buy more guns than 99.9% of ALL Americans -
VarmintGuy

Proof that 99% of statistics are made up.

drover

I like it........

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
drover: Its obvious you know nothing of which you speak about (post!) so state your proof!
Or STFU.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

drover: Its obvious you know nothing of which you speak about (post!) so state your proof!
Or STFU.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Good morning VG,

Now that I have your attention would you explain just how you came up with your statement - "I buy more guns than 99.9% of ALL Americans".

99.9% is a pretty firm number you must have used some advanced statistical data analysis to arrive at a number that precise, it is so precise as to be almost unbelievable.

I pulled my number out the air like you did - the only difference between mine and yours is that you expect people to believe yours but mine is poking fun at someone who would post such a ridiculous statement.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I am not sure of the percents, but if you pay attention, VG is buying a couple guns a month.. Like a hobby.. He has an awesome collection .. I may not know about the 99.9 percent, but I would bet on 95 percent...

Molon Labe
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
dripper: You made the allegation - you prove me wrong or STFU!
He-he.
Long live the Second Amendment!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Attacks, I like it. Lol. Usually in a real attack there is bloodshed not just hurt feelings. Back to the original subject, Ruger 77/22's I myself have a shiny stainless black synthetic stock but not the boat paddle. It has a small Leupold on it and it would take at least $1000 to get mine. Btw it's not even a varmint barrel I just like it that much. As already mentioned it's very utilitarian and surprisingly accurate to boot. To say I'm fond of it is a understatement. There's definitely more expensive and perhaps better looking rimfires but this gun is probably my favorite of all my guns.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 53 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,898
Posts18,498,062
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.