Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by antlers
Dontcha think that a LOT of em’ voted ‘against’ Trump instead of ‘for’ Biden...?
And a lot of those voted on who the press says Trump is rather than finding out for themselves.
No doubt.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by JeffP
Dontcha think that a LOT of em’ voted ‘against’ Trump instead of ‘for’ Biden...?

Exactly. A lot of Rs had to hold their nose to vote for Bush Sr Jr , McCain and Romney.

Don't you think that's why we have the term "Swing Voters"?

The original question is directed toward Liberals, not Swing Voters.

I think most Ds will never pull the lever for R just as most Rs will never pull the vote for D. That’s the roughly 90%
Those are the original liberals antlers and I were talking about.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Good thoughts shared.

Let’s simplify the discussion by saying Liberal and Conservative.

With ideologies that are in direct conflict with the founding of our country how do you liberals justify supporting the things that I outlined in the OP? Please disregard your like or dislike of a particular candidate. How in the he ll do you justify voting for a demented man who is supporting Marxist views by default if not openly?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Way past listening to any asswipe who says he is conservative but not a republican. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Way past listening to any asswipe who says he is conservative but not a republican. Mb

I don’t think you had too many conservatives pulling the lever other than R... eating our own , that’s not the battle

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B2

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

I guess I’m an asswipe then. I find the Republican Party to be much more liberal than I am and much less supportive of the constitution. They left me behind when Ronald Regan died.

Maybe you can ‘spain how daddy and baby Bush were conservatives?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
Let’s simplify the discussion by saying Liberal and Conservative.
‘Liberal’ is like rape, and ‘conservative’ is like consensual sex.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
https://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/2020/12/fear-resentment-and-despair-triad-of.html

What we are therefore seeing here is a very pure form of Sorathic negation. Even the Global Establishment themselves, the people who are imposing societal destruction on the world, do not understand why they are doing this work of societal destruction.

They insist upon its necessity; but they cannot coherently explain it!

The reason is that the 'need' for societal destruction cannot be explained in materialistic terms - which are the only terms possible in public discourse; and among those who deny the reality of God and creation.

The true reason for societal destruction is that human society is Good and therefore needs to be destroyed. Society between Men is indeed one of the great and essential Goods of this mortal world; as Men at all times, everywhere, have acknowledged and acted-upon - quite naturally and spontaneously.

The idea that this can and should be dispensed with is monstrous, outrageous and ridiculous... for anyone who is Not deep into the servitude of Satan. But then, that is precisely what we are dealing-with.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RJY66

I think so but you have to be pretty low information to vote for Marxism as outlined in the OP because you don't like a candidate's personality.

For instance, I am not crazy about either of the GOP Senate candidates in the upcoming Georgia runoff. But I am voting for both because I don't want to turn the country over to Harris , Schumer, Pelousy, and company.

I've talked to some and "low information" is spot on. And, "I don't like Trump".

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'd search long and hard to find a Conservative Rino too..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Prime example of cutting off one's nose to spite his face.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
https://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/2020/12/fear-resentment-and-despair-triad-of.html

What we are therefore seeing here is a very pure form of Sorathic negation. Even the Global Establishment themselves, the people who are imposing societal destruction on the world, do not understand why they are doing this work of societal destruction.

The reason is that the 'need' for societal destruction cannot be explained in materialistic terms - which are the only terms possible in public discourse; and among those who deny the reality of God and creation.

The true reason for societal destruction is that human society is Good and therefore needs to be destroyed. Society between Men is indeed one of the great and essential Goods of this mortal world; as Men at all times, everywhere, have acknowledged and acted-upon - quite naturally and spontaneously.

The idea that this can and should be dispensed with is monstrous, outrageous and ridiculous... for anyone who is Not deep into the servitude of Satan. But then, that is precisely what we are dealing-with.

The first rule of Sorathic Negation: Nobody talks about Sorathic Negation!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Good summation right there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Conservatives" have already given up most everything that I would like to have been conserved. I don't even call myself "conservative", since that word means nothing anymore.

Having little enough in common with most "conservatives" today, I definitely have NOTHING in common with leftists/liberals/communists.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd like to hear Second Amendment Charlie (aka SACharlie) attempt to reconcile his moniker with his support of Biden. I've asked him to several times. Crickets.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

A distinction without a difference.

μολὼν λαβέ
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I'd like to hear Second Amendment Charlie (aka SACharlie) attempt to reconcile his moniker with his support of Biden. I've asked him to several times. Crickets.

I’d like to hear that explanation also. I truly cannot reconcile in my thinking the logic that liberals apply. Neither can I find any middle ground that we share. I will make a distinction between modern liberals and classic liberals. I see no example of the later on this forum.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I ascribe to Conservatism as an ideology and vote for Republicans but I am not a Republican I’m a Conservative.

If you think Republicans are Conservative (I use the cap C on purpose) you really need to read up on history and political philosophy.

The fact that Republicans are driving over a cliff at 55 mph vs 110 mph leaves me no choice but to vote for them for now, but as soon as the tides turn and a third party takes shape around Conservative principles I’m outta here.

I think that’s along the line of what was meant by the OP’s comment and if you don’t agree you’re free to stay in the very Liberal Republican Party, and we’ll say good riddance.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I consider myself a Conservative Libertarian.I vote Republican because it is the closest thing to Conservative,but do not consider many Republicans as Constitutional Conservatives.Republicans can be anything from money hungry,power grabbing Elitists(The Bush family) (Romney) to out right RINO`s or folks like Senator Cruz a Constitutional Conservative.Our President is a Republican in name because you have to be a member of one of the two major political Parties to win the Presidency.Anyone who thinks you must be a Republican to be a true Conservative American can suck a bag of Dicks.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Anyone who thinks you must be a Republican to be a true Conservative American can suck a bag of Dicks.
lol

I concur.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.