Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How long do you wait before starting an inquiry somewhere? I have a package that has been sitting at the Little Rock distribution center for 6 days, supposedly. Tracking says that it arrived there, but was never scanned as sent to the next designation. There is a vague post after the arrival stating that it is "in transit, arriving late". 6 days and 45 miles to the Des Arc, post office, and no word after Little Rock. Was it "arriving late" getting to Des Arc? Did they post an arrival time, before they got the package? Did they lose the package, and trying to cover? Did they have a truck wreck, and trying to cover? What say Ye? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
At this time of year, I would err on the side of caution and begin now as it may take longer than normal.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
USPS has been having issues getting things moved. I have a package that has been in MA for 11 days and still has not left the distribution center. I seen hundreds of complaints regarding this. If you call them they will simply tell you it is due to being short of staff due to covid. I don't how they are going to make with Christmas approaching. Luckly my package is not crucial and it gets here when it gets here.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I also have a package floating.. it was shipped on the 3rd from 300 miles away. it was sent to kansas, then back to ct passing my house two times..they say it is late but is still in shipping to me that is 10 days to ship from 5 hours away.. I also would like to know what is going on..and where it is..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
USPS is a chitshow right now. You can inquire but my experience is it will get you no answers or get your package delivered any faster. One of my last experiences was a package that disappeared for 5 WEEKS and they could give me no answers about what happened to it. It showed up after I gave up on it and refunded the guys money. I have used USPS for years and was always happy, the last 6 months have been a different story. I spend the extra $ and send it UPS now if I don’t want to worry about what is going to happen to a package. Sad.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
go down there with a ski mask on and raise hell

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I sent a package to another member on this board. It sat in Harrisburg Pa for 8-9 days. Then showed up as delivered in another part of Pa. it arrived a week later than I was originally told.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I start inquiries right after the expected delivery date. I do it as a reminder to them that I paid for priority 3-day delivery, not snail mail. The Pony Express was faster than this USPS.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have had 2 guns shipped in the last 2 weeks.

Timing on one was acceptable and the other took over a week to get less than 300 miles. It sat for a few days but finally moved and then was delivered w/o the adult signature that was supposed to have been required.

I have some bullets on the way that shipped from another member on Dec 4, they have been within 30 miles of my house for about 4 days now. Probably see them tomorrow or Tuesday.

They can be a bit slow but overall I haven't had any worse luck with them than UPS or Fed Ex.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve had a stock in the Greensboro facility since the 30th. Just finally got a note that it left today.
Good luck getting answers - I called and stayed on hold 30 minutes, emailed, opened a lost mail case and all I ever got was the ‘ package running late’ message.
Buncha oxygen thieves at best - way worse lately.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Get an email in process ASAP...

Letter to your local postmaster.

Get ahead of the curve IMHO.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Priority Mail" is just a fantasy now days......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
USPS is a mess right now. I'm waiting on a rifle that was mailed on 11/23. Tomorrow will be 21 days on a 2-3 day priority.

Other packages I've mailed (and some other folks have mailed) that we were tracking have been delivered pretty close to the priority mail timeline. I'm not sure if it's specific routes or distribution centers but there are issues.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Get an email in process ASAP...

Letter to your local postmaster.

Get ahead of the curve IMHO.

Fuqk yea, I'm sure that'll scare em.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

I think you’ll get it. A purchase here in the Classified’s was shipped Priority Mail from AL on 16 Nov. and didn’t arrive here in PA until 6 Dec.. It was actually delivered on a Sunday.
My understanding is that Covid infections and quarantines are partly responsible the delays. The virus has really messed a lot of things up in 2020.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My daughter ordered a pair of shoes early in the Corona thing.
They showed as delivered near Scranton? 250 miles away!
She was patient, considering the issues. Finally mentioned it
to us when over a month had passed.

By that point, everyone wanted to wash their hands of it.
USPS pretty much said "Tough luck, too late."

She ordered direct from Adidas, and they were only willing
to send her a new pair. But...what she ordered was a closeout.
$150 tennis shoes for $99.

WTF! WTF! YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ON SNEAKERS?
Then I found out she has some she spent more on!
She works, it's her money, but Ho-Li-Hell!

Anyway I learned that $$ when I heard Mom on the phone telling
Adidas that her daughter wasn't just going to be out that much
money. Up until then, they thought Jenna was just SOL.

A manager got involved, and he soon realized Mom was right grin
And a refund was issued.

Point is, those shoes haven't showed up.
I think they were delivered to the Biden's, and Hunter traded them for teenage Poon.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've always took up for them, because given the volume of mail and packages that they handle, they do a pretty decent job. However, something has caused the service to go downhill big time. I retired from there in 2015, and still talk to some of the people I know that are still working. They all say that the package volume has simply been overwhelming, and that USPS is hiring people who aren't willing to work like you have to in order to get the job done. They also say that new rules, established by the new boss of USPS, a Trump appointee, has also been a major cause in the problems. The Covid thing is also causing problems, with employees calling in sick, or taking advantage if the "if you don't feel good, don't come into work" mindset that's going on now.

Whatever the reason, I think people do have a good reason to be upset at what's going on. Back when I was working, service like what is going on today would not have been anywhere close to acceptable.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve been waiting on 4 packages, one is 2 weeks late other three are 1 week late.
Plus waiting on a check for a week now. Never got my electric bill last month, wife never received her clients check from two weeks ago and 3 days last week I never received any mail, which is unheard of.
Called the post office Friday and the blame the virus. I said that’s all fine and dandy but if the post office is that far behind why in the hell do I see mail trucks racing around the neighborhood on Sundays delivering amazon packages and not the U.S mail. Guy told me that question was above his pay grade.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
How long do you wait before starting an inquiry somewhere? I have a package that has been sitting at the Little Rock distribution center for 6 days, supposedly. Tracking says that it arrived there, but was never scanned as sent to the next designation. There is a vague post after the arrival stating that it is "in transit, arriving late". 6 days and 45 miles to the Des Arc, post office, and no word after Little Rock. Was it "arriving late" getting to Des Arc? Did they post an arrival time, before they got the package? Did they lose the package, and trying to cover? Did they have a truck wreck, and trying to cover? What say Ye? miles

Had that happen too.

Only to show up... Tracking still showed it was in a location hundreds of miles away.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’m waiting on one also. Shows it left Billings on the 4th but nothing since.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 30 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.