Hop To
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
antelope_sniper,
Thanks for providing your perspective on the things I asked you about. You explained your perspective simply, which shows that you have a good grasp on it.

Thank you my friend.

I don't think we are separated by all that many miles. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me buy you a beer sometime.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
antelope_sniper,
Thanks for providing your perspective on the things I asked you about. You explained your perspective simply, which shows that you have a good grasp on it.
Thank you my friend.

I don't think we are separated by all that many miles. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me buy you a beer sometime.
Thank You antelope_sniper. Sometime when I’m up thataway, imma hitchu up.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,
Thank you my friend.

Thank You antelope_sniper. Sometime when I’m up thataway, imma hitchu up.

Sounds good.

Let me know.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Atheism is pure materialism. It's no wonder that nearly all Marxists are Atheist.

Not even close. Atheism is nothing more than a lack of conviction in the existence of a God or gods. Anyone of any political persuasions can lack conviction.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by IZH27
How does the atheist understand suffering and evil? What is the source or cause?

Empathy.

But what’s the purpose of empathy? What is the source or purpose of empathy?

Added. Why practice empathy?

It is a beneficial adaption/trait for a social species, feeling for others and taking care of each other has many benefits. Empathy existed long before religion.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
These questions about God elicit a great deal of emotion...

Would you not as a parent protect your children from harm if possible?
Suffering, to a point, can build character, but the level of suffering in the world goes way beyond character building hardship.

Folks shouldn't look to christians for they are
all over the shop with answers, ranging from
blaming evil to saying it's gods will and all for
the better.
Getting all worked up emotionally like Antlers
doesn't help but only adds to one's problems..
A good dose of stoicism goes a long way
in preventing one becoming an emotional snow-
flake/going to pieces, being a burden on others.

High Emotional state types become debilitated
coz they have weak coping mechanisms and
poor reasoning powers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Atheism is pure materialism. It's no wonder that nearly all Marxists are Atheist.
Not even close. Atheism is nothing more than a lack of conviction in the existence of a God or gods. Anyone of any political persuasions can lack conviction.
No, it's spot on. When you don't have the spiritual you are left with....???

Can you answer that?

Starman would have got along famously with Karl Marx.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
My boss lost her two daughters in a car accident, that was without a doubt the hardest funeral I ever attended. Her and her husband now work with other parents who have lost children. I don't know how they do it.
Pretty awful indeed. Maybe their faith had begun to recover. Maybe they were rediscovering faith. But not their old version of faith...they’d probably be quick to tell ya’...maybe a much better faith. Maybe what they recovered was faith in God...not the promises of God, not the blessings of God...just God. Because all of the other stuff, all of the other trivialness and superficialness had been torn away, in a day.
It may help to know that those who brought us Jesus’ message walked through similar valley’s. Valleys filled with random acts of violence, unjust and unnecessary suffering, and unanswered prayers. And yet someway/somehow, they continued to believe and persevere.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Perhaps that is why we have the Book of Job?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT

Can you answer that?

Tyrone,

Without God there's a lot left. How about we begin with our Constitution and the 7,000 years of history rooted in the British Iles that culminated in it's creation.

Please tell what there is in my political and economic beliefs that resonates of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without God there's a lot left. How about we begin with our Constitution and the 7,000 years of history rooted in the British Iles that culminated in it's creation.
Our Constitution is indeed based on Christian thought and British history, such as the Magna Carta are indelibly Catholic documents.

Please tell what there is in my political and economic beliefs that resonates of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels?
I don't know all of your politics, maybe not even any of it. But would you be against laws repealing no-fault divorce? Are you against basic Christian education in school? Would you be against laws blocking women from assuming combat roles in the military? Would you be against laws citing Biblical justifications?

Starman, like Marx, claims that religion is the "opiate of the masses" when in reality it is just the opposite. Starman, Marx and other Progs promote license under the banner of "freedom" yet all they really do is promote chaos. Chaos, which of course, the Statists have solutions for. Isn't that convenient?

For instance, look at the liberal divorce laws. No fault divorce, splitting the property between 2 of the parties while completely ignoring the children, etc. What's the result of this chaos Progressives/Marxists have created? Poverty, mental illness, crime and alienation. And of course, to solve all these things, we need more police, government mental health care & counseling, and elaborate court system to enforce divorce decrees. And as a bonus, all those alienated children grow up sexually confused having little or no idea what it means to be a man and they vote for more government. Nice trick, isn't it?

Politics is War by Other Means
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Can you answer that?

Spiritual? Look at the behaviour of theists throughout history. Atheism is nothing more than a lack of conviction where there is a lack of evidence to justify a conviction. It's a reasonable position.

Last edited by DBT; 12/13/20.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Can you answer that?

Tyrone,

Is there much left without God?

At the end of the day....one is left with the prospect of their own impending death. While we are “young” we live like death is a long way off.... so far away that one need not be much concerned about it.

I was present once, when a lady in her 50’s was close to death after a three year bout with cancer. A pastor was there visiting with her. She reached out and took his hand and said “Pastor Mike, be sure to get people ready to go down that road that they don’t expect to go....but all do.”

This lady had had a husband and children and a full life, but the all that was taken away and that “good life” and the love she shared in her family seemed distant .... maybe even dimmed by time and illness.... and that life “lived” was of course, not a source of hope as she lay there.

What was really left to her?

Was God.... God.... really enough and was He really a source of hope and indeed.....joy?

This lady, a couple of weeks before she went home .... smiled and whispered to a friend...”Richard, I can hear the angels singing”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DBT

That's more of a definition of agnosticism.
Atheism is a FIRM belief and faith that there is NO God or gods. None.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's so typical and predictable that the God botherers can immediately, arrogantly, presume the attitude of superiority to assign and attach political beliefs to someone who does not share their faith. I don't have faith...ergo:In your mind, I am a Marxist. I might note this is the same level of arrogance and superiority that allow you to come to my door, spouting your dogma, informing me of your superior enlightened views and attempting to shame me because I do not share them. And a few hundred short years ago, you were prepared to take my life for my lack of compliance to your views. Now there's a Christian principle at work, amply recorded in history.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Precisely how do you get Marxism out of my posts?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by DBT

That's more of a definition of agnosticism.
Atheism is a FIRM belief and faith that there is NO God or gods. None.

Atheism comes in a scale, weak atheist at one end, strong atheist at the other. Any reasonable atheist would change their position if evidence for the existence of a God or gods came along

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
It's so typical and predictable that the God botherers can immediately, arrogantly, presume the attitude of superiority to assign and attach political beliefs to someone who does not share their faith. I don't have faith...ergo:In your mind, I am a Marxist. I might note this is the same level of arrogance and superiority that allow you to come to my door, spouting your dogma, informing me of your superior enlightened views and attempting to shame me because I do not share them. And a few hundred short years ago, you were prepared to take my life for my lack of compliance to your views. Now there's a Christian principle at work, amply recorded in history.

So, are you disappointed and angry with God?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
God? You mean your imaginary friend? No, haven't seen hide nor hair of him (or her, I guess) nor has anybody that ever worked in a pediatrics ward for long.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,477,994
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.