Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
For the record fedex can shampoo my crotch. I NEVER have problems with UPS or USPS but Fedex...every damn time.

Paid extra to get a package delivered on Sunday...tracking showed on the truck and at like 6pm i get an update that its delayed due to weather. Great...except there are no weather issues. Roads are plowed, driveway passable etc.

Today rolls around...11am shows on truck...11:30 delayed due to weather

WTF Fedex. You suck cox n dix

I will no longer do business with anyone who ships with these [bleep] if at all possible

rant over

GOD Bless America
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Go Brown !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Amen to that.
I ordered a bottle of bluing from Brownells. Good communication on dates/times
shipped, on truck, arrived at city of destination and finally out for delivery. Never
showed up. I checked on and FedEX said driver placed it outside door. Claims
signature, which was false, name unknown.

I refuse to let any vendor ship Fed Ex to me.

Joe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FedEx is going to be too busy delivering the vacines for you to be be a prority .

Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
I just dont get it...year round i have issues with these clowns. Always delays and God forbid your delivery require a signature. They will intentionally not attempt the delivery and claim nobody was home. They have done it to me several times and with a doorbell cam i know exactly who's been to my house.

They suck...all there is to it.

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
FedEx is going to be too busy delivering the vacines for you to be be a prority .

highly doubt that will affect the local lazy a hole driver rolling around in a ryder van

GOD Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fuggers backed out in my yard Saturday and dang near got stuck, over my field line, here they are using rental trucks and evidently idiots for delivery. Threw the package under the wife's van, I would not have never found it if I had not seen the duals ruts out in the yard and figured it had to be Fed Ex and started looking around. UPS pulls in and backs out, of course my son can turn his semi-tractor around in the paved area when he comes to get jerky, but he is a pretty good driver...and gives a s hit.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
I am NOT a union guy but i can only imagine the reason UPS drivers do a far better job is they actually care about their job and retirement package. I honestly dont know what else it could be. Fedex is non-union iirc

Again, im not pro union but i can't think of any other reason why UPS is so much more professional

GOD Bless America
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Quak
For the record fedex can shampoo my crotch. I NEVER have problems with UPS or USPS but Fedex...every damn time.

Paid extra to get a package delivered on Sunday...tracking showed on the truck and at like 6pm i get an update that its delayed due to weather. Great...except there are no weather issues. Roads are plowed, driveway passable etc.

Today rolls around...11am shows on truck...11:30 delayed due to weather

WTF Fedex. You suck cox n dix

I will no longer do business with anyone who ships with these [bleep] if at all possible

rant over
Ditto.. LAST year it took Fed-Ex to deliver a box that was a mere 45 miles away nearly 30 DAYS, 'because of weather'... Bullchit.. Roads were dry and skies were clear.. Eff F-E...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I am NOT a union guy but i can only imagine the reason UPS drivers do a far better job is they actually care about their job and retirement package. I honestly dont know what else it could be. Fedex is non-union iirc

Again, im not pro union but i can't think of any other reason why UPS is so much more professional

Much better wage than Fed Ex

Union benefits & retirement

Drove for Brown 27 years....great career & even better retirement

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FedEx ground is hiring anyone with a heartbeat right now. They are out of trucks, like UPS, and rent every Uhaul and Penske truck they can get their hands on nation wide. I will bet a paycheck that we have at least 60 rentals at the UPS hub where I work.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tikkanut

My 21 year old son has been working for brown since last year. Started being a helper Nov of 2019. Started January of this year working in the warehouse loading trucks part time in the early mornings. Got his license and is now a relief/cover driver. He enjoys it, and is making damn good money. He tried the college thing for 3 semesters, but alas, not for him.

Not a union guy myself, and have no feeling one way or the other. He likes his choice, and I have to say, I think it is going to be a real career for him.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are the only shipping company that has repeatedly tried to find somewhere in town to deliver my packages instead of taking it to my house (where i paid to have it delivered) which is a ways out of town.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Retired from Big Brown last year was a GREAT job. Made good money and super benefits. Now enjoying retirement. Life is good!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

FedEx has a substantial employee turnover whereas UPS employees generally make it a career. The company I worked for before retiring had corporate accounts with both companies. We had the same UPS drivers do our pickup and deliveries for years, but it was uncommon for FedEx to have the same delivery drivers for longer than a year or two at most.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You guys are killing me. I just literally finished packaging a firearm for return for warranty repair. The shipping label they emailed me was for FedEx. So now I'm wondering if it will get there, and if it will get back when it's repaired.

Q
Quak Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
They are horrible...called this morning and finally got someone on the phone...not a native english speaker either and he said he'd send a message to have the local office call me. Well...im betting that won't happen.

FWIW UPS and the Mailman came right on schedule today. I am DONE with fedex

GOD Bless America
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by tikkanut

My 21 year old son has been working for brown since last year. Started being a helper Nov of 2019. Started January of this year working in the warehouse loading trucks part time in the early mornings. Got his license and is now a relief/cover driver. He enjoys it, and is making damn good money. He tried the college thing for 3 semesters, but alas, not for him.

Not a union guy myself, and have no feeling one way or the other. He likes his choice, and I have to say, I think it is going to be a real career for him.

Clyde

Good for your son, I hope he has a great career with them.

Many many years ago I turned down an offer to work PT for UPS (4 hours a day loading trucks in the early AM) because it would have been an hour commute and I was in college at the time.

My life turned out great and I'm retired now but I often wonder what would have happened if I'd taken the job. I know I would have went on to full time as a driver eventually and had that happened I would have made a career out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FedX wins the "let us destroy the package" prize

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just a general statement on what I have seen. Three different times I've been to gunsmiths that showed me rifles that were broken in halve during shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 2500HD, 41 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,604
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.