D
10ring and Danny nailed it.

NRA Patron
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've had a bunch of stuff to ship/receive lately.
Seems half is timely, half is not.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
I've had a bunch of stuff to ship/receive lately.

Seems half is timely, half is not.

Ditto----I sold a couple things from the classifieds----mail both boxes on 12/7. The one going to ID made it on time. The one going to WI is still in the system.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Several articles today on how FedEx and UPS are limiting large retailer's shipping to prevent clogs in their systems but at the same time they are offloading "last mile" shipments to USPS which is absolutely overwhelmed right now. I recently cleared out my father-in-laws estate and have many things I would like to sell over the holidays due to free time, but the shipping mess will probably stop me from doing so.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Same thing for me. Bought a rifle from a member here and it hasn’t moved out of his home state since he shipped it a week ago.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The UPS guy here is driving a Uhaul van making deliveries.. Seems they hired more people and rented trucks to keep up..

Thought it interesting...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Santiam
The UPS guy here is driving a Uhaul van making deliveries.. Seems they hired more people and rented trucks to keep up..

Thought it interesting...

Same thing here. Both U-Hauls and Hertz rental trucks daily...

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Shipped a package 15 days ago priority plus insurance. Called to complain and the lady told me to go to USPS website and file a claim for what i Insured it for.

Last edited by lapua6547; 12/15/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not planning on shipping a dang thing until after New Years. Hopefully not ordering anything either.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
They should be about caught up from shipping boxes of ballots.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 10ring1
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo

I don't think it has anything to do with doing their jobs, though many of them are lazy bums (groids). The covid BS has caused millions more people to shop online and the systems were never designed to handle such an increase in volume that there has been. Add to that the Xmas shopping online and something has to give and it seems like us. I wonder what everyone would find to bitch about had no one ever invented "Tracking".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by 10ring1
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo

I don't think it has anything to do with doing their jobs, though many of them are lazy bums (groids). The covid BS has caused millions more people to shop online and the systems were never designed to handle such an increase in volume that there has been. Add to that the Xmas shopping online and something has to give and it seems like us. I wonder what everyone would find to bitch about had no one ever invented "Tracking".

This is right on the money. People are ordering their groceries and dog food online and waiting for USPS to deliver it. The shear number of packages right now is overwelming the infrastrucutre and labor force.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want it fast send it Priority Mail.
If they are overwhelmed they will let the regular parcel and first class stuff sit.
Priority means priority.
Just sent my brother a Christmas gift to Cali Priority and it made it in 2 days.

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/15/20.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a priority envelope coming that has not moved from the first stop since the 5th. No a package or a box but a stinking envelope! No updates or any clue when they will get it moving again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a money order and a gun in the system.... both 14 days past delivery date... priority mail and insured

I like guns | optics | fishing
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid

I like guns | optics | fishing
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Wife shipped Candy on Dec 1 to Atlanta, New Mexico, Indiana, and Kentucky. The New Mexico arrived before the Atlanta which is a 1/3 the distance. It took the Atlanta one until December 9th to be delivered after going through Alabama. Normally Priority is 1 day to Atlanta. The receiver said it looked like it had been ran over and everything was crushed. How do you crush double boxed homemade fudge in normal transport???

Also, if you had not noticed service got WORSE after they suspended your ability to file claims for late delivery.

I have an item I ordered on eBay that still says that USPS has not received the package even though the seller has a tracking number from shipping it. Heck my package from eBay a couple weeks ago that came from China took longer to get to me once it hit the US than it took to get here from China.

I understand they are slammed but they have had almost all year to plan for the yearly glut of holiday packages knowing that COVID would complicate it..

M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Mine is USPS Priority and Insured, hasn't moved since 3 Dec. I must be the lucky one, had Amazon, UPS and FedEx delivered today...3 days after I ordered. I'll help USPS out with their backlog, I'll stop using them.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MOW: Don't get me started on the lowly, unreliable, overly expense, unprofessional usps!
Latest "disappointment" occurred just today.
The VarmintWife ordered a present nearly 3 weeks ago that was to be delivered by the "usps" - it was "promised" to be in her hands over 10 days ago so she could take it in person with her out to the west coast to be given as a present in person!
Well the VarmintWife left for the west coast yesterday morning WITHOUT that promised delivered package - as it was 10+ days LATE in being delivered.
THE VarmintWife has a "private" internal post office phone number and at 0730 MST (0630 PST where she was calling from) she was on the phone and raising hell to an extreme!
She was repeatedly apologized to and one of the local postal employees found the package and at 0830 this morning "I" retrieved the undelivered package at the local post office AND then re-mailed it via usps at a cost of $10.90.
Why you ask did I NOT make the usps folks forward it based on their terrible service so far - BECAUSE those vindictive sons of bitches and daughters of whores would likely (out of vindictiveness and unprofessionalism!), "loose" our package again!
Thefuckin usps is right next to worthless anymore - besides they being unprofessional, overly expensive, often times arrogant and unreliable!
Don't get me started on what caused the VarmintWife to get that "internal" phone number several years ago - to begin with.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The Detroit hub has been a black hole for packages since April. It’s a joke.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,100 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.