Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
T Bone Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
With the current political climate, I flinched and bought a Springfield Armory Victor Saint 16".

It fails to go into battery with multiple flavors of factory .223 ammo.
-100% failure with Armscor 55 grn fmj (multiple lots)
30% failure with Federal 55 grn fmj
10-20% failure with IMI 55 grn fmj

After multiple field strips and cleaning, the problem continues.

I jumped online and it seems Springfield recently put out a bad batch of rifles as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohun_HtVz-Y

Identical issues as mine. That video is funny stuff!

I understand that errors are made, so I contacted Springfield Armory Warranty/Customer Service by email a week ago on December 9th.

No response to the email.

Yesterday, December 16th, I called their number listed on the website and was talking to a pleasant gal within minutes.

She authorized a service return and emailed me a prepaid shipping label.

She stated that repairs are expected to take 2-4 weeks.

It ships out today.

I'll report back how Springfield handles this "Dumpster Fire" of a rifle.

I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited by T Bone; 12/16/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was at Thunder Ranch last month, I had a conversation with Heidi Smith about the SA Saint pistol.

She said SA sent them one for testing, and she broke it in under 500 rounds. Not a real confidence builder.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
SA doesn't have the best track record on new releases. I went through the whole XDS recall when they first came out. Sig seems to do the same thing, push a product quickly through R&D and let the customer figure out the kinks. Odd that they would have issues with a proven platform like the AR though. Hopefully they get it repaired correctly and quickly for you, keep us updated.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
When I was at Thunder Ranch last month, I had a conversation with Heidi Smith about the SA Saint pistol.

She said SA sent them one for testing, and she broke it in under 500 rounds. Not a real confidence builder.

What did she say failed on them? I haven't put that many rounds through mine, but I have a couple buddies who have and I haven't heard anything negative about them. Would be good to know what to look for/anticipate.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll ask her

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many times have the pros on here said. Quality, known manufacturers none of these small time outfits using unknown sources.. Oh wait it’s a Springfield Armory..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Springfield jumped into the bargain AR market, I wouldn’t call them a “quality manufacturer”.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Springfield jumped into the bargain AR market, I wouldn’t call them a “quality manufacturer”.

Damn Springfield clumped right in there with bear creek , Anderson and PSA now ph uck man the ph uck man...

Last edited by 79S; 12/19/20.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ll ask her

I would appreciate any feedback you get.

Thanks.

I'm tickled pink with mine so far. About the perfect truck gun for where I'm at.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR

Damn Springfield clumped right in there with bear creek , Anderson and PSA now ph uck man the ph uck man...

I'm not an expert on AR companies or components in real life or on the 'net. But until/unless Springfield is using a temp agency that hires illegal aliens to build their guns I'm going out on that limb that maybe they're at least a small step above?

MAGA
IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR

They certainly aren’t in the same class as Colt, BCM, SOLGW, Sionics or KAC.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR

They certainly aren’t in the same class as Colt, BCM, SOLGW, Sionics or KAC.

Damn, sons of liberty $2300 bucks for an AR and you don’t even get sights with it wtf...

T
T Bone Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Update: Received a timely email today that the rifle had arrived at SA.

Estimated time 2-4 weeks.

T
T Bone Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
SA sent an email today.

They found the chamber to be out of spec.

The chamber has been reamed and polished and the rifle reassembled and test fired.

FedEx will get ot into my hands next week.

Last edited by T Bone; 01/07/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Put about 600-700 rounds threw my saint ar pistol no issues so far

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Interesting thread, a friend of mine has the same problem with his.............
Friday my BIL bought one for $1100, I told him to take it back I can build you one with a better barrel and better trigger and save several hundred. IMO these rifles are over priced even without the issues

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I've had good luck with Springfield's warranty work. It was timely and running flawlessly when I received my 1911 back.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

I've had good luck with Springfield's warranty work. It was timely and running flawlessly when I received my 1911 back.

That is a different ballgame, Springfield is a well respected name and has a great track record with 1911's............
not so with AR's

T
T Bone Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Update:

It appears that Springfield has fixed the problem. As stated earlier, they emailed me that the chamber was out of spec and they had a chamber ream and polish on order.

Today I fired 120 rounds of the ammo mentioned that was failing. Half of it was the Armscor that had previously failed 100%

It all ran flawlessly.

It's a crapper that they turned out such junk, and that I had to burn a few hundred $ worth of ammo and time to get it worked out, but I'm happy that they stood behind their product.

For all the others out there having issues with Springfield ARs.....give them a call! Chances are that they will get you up and running.

Last edited by T Bone; 01/13/21.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Glad they got you fixed up but it does suck to have the issue in the first place. Springfield seems pretty good at fixing problems that should have never happened in the first place so I guess that's a backhanded compliment to them. I went through the whole XDS return fiasco with them so I've been there, but it has been flawless (and was before the safety recall too).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 204guy, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,399
Posts18,470,113
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.