Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Thanks for the info - and the picture you have some nice toys:) Think I will have to put one of those EH2's on my list of stuff I need!!

Thank you!

FYI, I'm a distributor and I've got a batch of 10 EH2 stocks on order. I'm thinking I should have them in a couple months.
All Rem 700 SA, Bartlein #3 contour w/ 1" shank, M5 DMB inlet, 4 different color options w/ Elite shell.
Let me know if you're interested.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by REDVANES
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Thanks for the info - and the picture you have some nice toys:) Think I will have to put one of those EH2's on my list of stuff I need!!

Thank you!

FYI, I'm a distributor and I've got a batch of 10 EH2 stocks on order. I'm thinking I should have them in a couple months.
All Rem 700 SA, Bartlein #3 contour w/ 1" shank, M5 DMB inlet, 4 different color options w/ Elite shell.
Let me know if you're interested.

Thank you! If you ever have an extra short action Rem 700/clone inlet and Hawkins Precision bottom metal and a Bartlein CF wrapped #4 contour I'm in wink

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awesome build!! Like that a lot.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
That is a very cool set up; how far you plan to stretch it to range-wise!

Sure looks like fun 3500 is screamin!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I really like that.

I have more years behind me than in front and my lust for building new things is long gone, but if Tikka would come out with a 1-8" 22 Creedmoor, I'd buy one.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by MichieD
. . . if Tikka would come out with a 1-8" 22 Creedmoor, I'd buy one.

Find a T3/T3x in .223 with the 1:8 and punch it out. Easy peasy . . .

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by efw
That is a very cool set up; how far you plan to stretch it to range-wise!

Probably start out walking it out to 640 yards on my families land then hopefully this spring stretch it out to 1k

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by MichieD
. . . if Tikka would come out with a 1-8" 22 Creedmoor, I'd buy one.

Find a T3/T3x in .223 with the 1:8 and punch it out. Easy peasy . . .

Or better yet find one of the 1-8 22-250 Tikka made and punch it out... that way you don’t have to worry about messing with the BF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Daggone EH22 creeds...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have been shooting the .22 Manbun for four years now...easily my favorite caliber. The 69TMK is bad medicine at 3550fps...

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Daggone EH22 creeds...

Always loved that rifle!

Originally Posted by liliysdad
I have been shooting the .22 Manbun for four years now...easily my favorite caliber. The 69TMK is bad medicine at 3550fps...

The anticipation is killing me!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Been hunting with this rifle for 3 years now, its killed 7 deer, and a sack full of pigs and coyotes. I built it on the cheap, as an experiment. Its a 700 action with 22 inches of the cheapest CM tube Shilen makes. I put it in a Stocky's Long Range Polymer stock that was inletted for Magpul DBM. I topped it with a Burris XTRII 3-15 in UTG Pro Rings on Burris steel bases. It was an absolute laser, shooting 69gr TMKs at 3550fps without even twisting it very hard.

The only real downside is that it was a heavy turd. Without the can, the rifle weighed 13lb, 10oz. The majority of that was in the stock and hardware.

I decided I wasn't getting any younger, and carrying heavy [bleep] gets old fast. The gun is fairly long, and the heavy butt made it ride a little awkward in my Eberlestock. I decided it was time to put the toad on a diet.

I stumbled across an AG Composites Alpine Hunter on the 'hide for a good deal, so I snagged it. Again on the 'hide, I found some Grayboe DBM for a heck a bargain. I hopped over to Midway, and ordered a set of Talley LW 34mm Lows, then to Rokslide where I picked up a Titanium
Arca plate.

All together, I am down to 10lb 4oz without the can. The gun feels like a whole different critter, and the stock is an amazing piece of gear. Its a little nose heavy, but not horribly so. If anything, the nose weight will make it ride in the Eberlestock better. Maybe once I burn this barrel, I will throw a CF tube on it and see how light it gets!

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/17/20.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Been hunting with this rifle for 3 years now, its killed 7 deer, and a sack full of pigs and coyotes. I built it on the cheap, as an experiment. Its a 700 action with 22 inches of the cheapest CM tube Shilen makes. I put it in a Stocky's Long Range Polymer stock that was inletted for Magpul DBM. I topped it with a Burris XTRII 3-15 in UTG Pro Rings on Burris steel bases. It was an absolute laser, shooting 69gr TMKs at 3550fps without even twisting it very hard.

The only real downside is that it was a heavy turd. Without the can, the rifle weighed 13lb, 10oz. The majority of that was in the stock and hardware.

[img]http://imgur.com/0bnSMCh[/img]

I decided I wasn't getting any younger, and carrying heavy [bleep] gets old fast. The gun is fairly long, and the heavy butt made it ride a little awkward in my Eberlestock. I decided it was time to put the toad on a diet.

I stumbled across an AG Composites Alpine Hunter on the 'hide for a good deal, so I snagged it. Again on the 'hide, I found some Grayboe DBM for a heck a bargain. I hopped over to Midway, and ordered a set of Talley LW 34mm Lows, then to Rokslide where I picked up a Titanium
Arca plate.

All together, I am down to 10lb 4oz without the can. The gun feels like a whole different critter, and the stock is an amazing piece of gear. Its a little nose heavy, but not horribly so. If anything, the nose weight will make it ride in the Eberlestock better. Maybe once I burn this barrel, I will throw a CF tube on it and see how light it gets!

[img]http://imgur.com/iezIA5R[/img]

The rifle looked good before but man it looks great now! Really like that AG composite! Very nice rifle!!

My gunsmith had a couple AG stocks I handled when I picked up my rifle. I’m a Manners guy but man I was very impressed with the AG!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Fixed the images, sorry about that!!

Yes, the AG is my new go-to. I am currently in the middle of a lightweight 308 build using a Bansner stock, and its all I can do not to order another Alpine Hunter instead...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ever get a deer 🦌 ????

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Ever get a deer 🦌 ????

Dave

Two of these fell to the 69TMK

And this one, plus a few does

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice ....
Inquiring minds want to know ..
Bang flops DRTs. Death runs.....
Your still using it so it must work pretty good.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Daggone EH22 creeds...

That thing looks an awful lot like spongebob 😀
Dave

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Nice ....
Inquiring minds want to know ..
Bang flops DRTs. Death runs.....
Your still using it so it must work pretty good.

Dave

Of the three bucks I have killed with it, all were large bodied, mature deer. The shoulder mount 12, I shanked the shot a bit and hit him a but further back than I would have liked. He ran about 200yd and piled up.

The gnarly one and the tall 8 were both shot within 25yd of each other in consecutive years. Both were right at 225yd, quartering to. The gnarly deer ran about 20yd and was done. This year's deer ran about 200yd into a creek, and never came out. The does have all been similar, a couple of bang flops, a couple of short runs, no real issues. If I have any complaint, its that the little bullet doesn't leave much of a blood trail.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks.
Just so I'm not mistaking anything .
That's a Tipped Sierra Match King??
Much penatrasion??
I imagine the insides look like jello...
Dave

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 24 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,048
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.