Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have an older High Tech/ Bansner for a Remington 700 SA BDL that I have been moving around for years. I am debating on building a rifle in it, or selling to and buying a different stock.

What are these things worth nowadays? Its been bedded, and has a fairly nasty Krylon camo job and an Uncle Mikes recoil pad.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think a new blank is $330 so I guess base your price on what you think the bedding, pad, and paint are worth.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
FWIW, Bansners new stocks are an improvement----carbon fiber, more accurate in letting, etc.

Tarquin
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TheKid
I think a new blank is $330 so I guess base your price on what you think the bedding, pad, and paint are worth.

Lol..they are worth negative amounts....I claim no part in what was done to this stock. I got it in a trade, I swear.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’d give you a Benny for it so I could hang my 7TCU in it. Probably keep the gnarly paint job and all.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
well marks stocks are on 7 of my 10 rifles..guess it sums up my opinion.the fit feel and balance for me are paramount.never have had any issues.all of mine are over 10 years old.his new stocks in his new bansners company are from what he told me stronger with more carbon fiber..just have the paint stripped and if you like the fit build on it..

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by slobob63
well marks stocks are on 7 of my 10 rifles..guess it sums up my opinion.the fit feel and balance for me are paramount.never have had any issues.all of mine are over 10 years old.his new stocks in his new bansners company are from what he told me stronger with more carbon fiber..just have the paint stripped and if you like the fit build on it..

I like the stock, its just not my speed. I sold it to a guy on here and if the speed in which it sold is any indication, I didn't ask enough for it. I promptly ordered another lightweight stock, an AG Composites Alpine Hunter..much more my style.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I hope Mark's new stock are inletted better than the old ones, I bought one about 12 years ago in December and damn near missed d deer season trying to fit it up. They were a lot of work, the barrel channel wasn't even straight. I'll have to see one of the new ones before I ever purchase one again. I wouldn't bed a Banser for $500. I needed $40 worth of bondo. Should have driven up to the factory and put it where the sun don't shine.

Last edited by Switch; 12/22/20.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The old stocks sold for about $200 and I’ve sold one and bought one recently for that price. The Remington stocks I’ve had were not to bad to bed. The Mauser stocks are another story due to the differences in Mauser actions and floorplates. I would tend to pay less for one that’s already bedded, assuming I would have to grind it out and redo it to fit my rifle.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Switch
I hope Mark's new stock are inletted better than the old ones, I bought one about 12 years ago in December and damn near missed d deer season trying to fit it up. They were a lot of work, the barrel channel wasn't even straight. I'll have to see one of the new ones before I ever purchase one again. I wouldn't bed a Banser for $500. I needed $40 worth of bond. Should have driven up to the factory and put it where the sun don't shine.

Never ever buy an MPI, you’ll have a nervous breakdown with it if fitting a Bansner gave you that much trouble.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I thought the inleting on the one I just sold was pretty solid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by Switch
I hope Mark's new stock are inletted better than the old ones, I bought one about 12 years ago in December and damn near missed d deer season trying to fit it up. They were a lot of work, the barrel channel wasn't even straight. I'll have to see one of the new ones before I ever purchase one again. I wouldn't bed a Banser for $500. I needed $40 worth of bond. Should have driven up to the factory and put it where the sun don't shine.

Never ever buy an MPI, you’ll have a nervous breakdown with it if fitting a Bansner gave you that much trouble.

laugh laugh

Wish I'd seen the one for sale in the classifieds sooner.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I bought a MPI a few years back off of the Fire, not from MPI so I don't know if it was a basic stock or pre fitted at MPI. but it was a drop in for a Kimber CFlassic. It was a nice stock. I've been buying McMillians with edge fill, but they kept creeping up in weight. The first one I bought when they came out with the Edge fill was 24 oz the last one was 29 oz. Thinking about a Wildcat stock for my Mod 70 FWT , but it is a pain to do all the import paper work for the government. BTW the Banser is a very nice stock, really like it on my Model 70 once I got it fitted up. Light and fits me well. If the new Banser stocks have better inletting I'd buy one, but got to see it to believe it. I've got an old 700 that I really like and has very nice wood, so didn't want to beat the hell out of it riding around in my truck and SXS, so I put it in one of the newer factory BDL tupperware stocks. I floated the barrel and bedded the lug, shoots as good as it ever did which is pretty damn good. The newer Remington stocks are pretty stiff and weigh 25 Oz. Got mine for $35 on E Bay.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If someone wants to post some pics of new vs old, PM me and I’ll send some comparison pics. Or if someone I already sent them to cares to post them on this thread, feel free.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
AKwolverine’s pictures

[Linked Image]
New Model 70 ☝️

[Linked Image]
“Old” Model 70

[Linked Image]
New lighter gray

[Linked Image]
New on the bottom

[Linked Image]
New on the bottom

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
nice ref. pictures

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The new Bansner stocks are EASY to fit. Got one a long-action 700 a few months ago, told him the barrel was a #2 Douglas. The ONLY bedding I did was just behind the recoil lug, and it the first group at 100 yards with the rifle's favorite load (developed in a bedded factory ADL stock) was three shots touching.

There might be more gap around the free-floated barrel than some would like, but not enough to bother me.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a number of high tech from brownells and built myself rifles with them.
Great 20 ounce stocks.

The "sand off the flashing, fill in the holes, then paint" process takes time.

Brownells stopped carrying them:
https://www.brownells.com/manufacturers/high+tech+specialties/index.htm

I started buying McMillan stocks that were already finished.

I did not mind paying extra for McMillan as much as I minded the sanding and filling the High Tech Specialties.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,867
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.